When is the best time to go for the least crowds

Blythep

Always ready to go to Disney
Hubby and I are planning a quick weekend trip in January or February. We don't want it to be crowded. Please give advice on which weekend will be be the "best" to go. I am leaning toward Feb 4-6th. Also, are they still in the "value" season during this time? We have tickets, but will need room and airfare. Thanks for your help in advance.

Value season runs from Jan 1 thru Feb 16. So Feb 4-6th should be pretty low crowds. Any weekend during that time should be ok, except for MLK weekend and the weekend of the WDW marathon (Jan 9).

From what I remember reading in the past, the dates you chose should be fine. Like RebeccaLovesDisney, just stay away from MLK weekend and any special WDW events. Good luck!

Originally posted by Blythep
Hubby and I are planning a quick weekend trip in January or February.
Glad to see that someone else is planning as far in advance as I am! We are planning for March or April 2006. I was seriously considering bumping it up to February but am concerned about the weather (cold? ) I have not been to WDW since I was 6 (about about 17 years ago) and live in Wisconsin....so to me February is cold...but then I have to remember it's Florida. :rolleyes:

I don't know if you are referring to this year or next, but this year that weekend happens to be the one that precedes Mardi Gras and many people from S. LA will be there - does it affect crowds tremendously? NO, but it would be much more crowded than the first weekend in February would be otherwise. The entire part of the state that does not directly participate in some way either goes skiing or to WDW, so don't underestimate their numbers.:D

Hope this helps!:D

We always go in October. I mean, it's DISNEY, it's always going to be crowded. But mid-week in October...we got on every ride without a line.

just remember that is superbowl sunday, so you may want to stay away from the espn club at boardwalk. it will be a zoo down there.

I took my mother the first week of February this year. Crowds were low. Be prepared for any kind of weather. I live in Kansas and left 8 inches of snow behind me....but found the temperature to feel quite chilly at some points while in Florida. I don't know if it is the humidity in the air or what. One day, I was GLAD I had thought to bring my stretchy gloves and wore them all day. By the time the sun set each evening, a jacket felt very welcomed. But if you dress accordingly, you will have a fantastic time! :Pinkbounc

DW & I will be there Feb. 5-9. We usually go during the summer. Looking forward to cooler weather & smaller crowds.

This is my favorite time to go. We went during this time in 2003 and we were able to walk onto every attraction. The only time we used fast pass was for Peter pan and that's, probably, because it was at the MK on a Sat. night. In reality, we didn't even need the fast pass, but we were spoiled because we didn't have to wait in any lines and when there was a line that was 20 min. long we went for the FP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter