When is best time to make room request?

WAstateDVCDaddy

DIS Veteran
I know we won’t really have many options (Standard view, Studio), but I wanted to at least request a higher room (seems like 457 has a pretty awful view).

Any recommendations for when to request a higher floor? We’re booked for August.

Also - looks like there are very limited rooms in this category - is it really only a small group of rooms around x65/x67, and only up to 7th floor? If so, I guess there’s really not Much difference between the rooms/views, besides not getting stuck with 457! 😊

For Aulani I call the resort as soon as I have a confirmation number.

55, 57, 65, 67, and up to the 7th floor. Everything above you will be Island Garden View.

If I'm you, all I'm requesting is "7th floor." You don't want to be too particular beyond that, otherwise they have to guess which part of the request to prioritize.

I've stayed in one of these convention area rooms and they can be kind of fun if there's an event going on. We watched a wedding one night. Though the clinking of plates and glasses can be kind of annoying if you like keeping the sliding glass door open.

I typically add my room requests with DVC member services. Will this work for an Aulani reservation too? Or do I need to call the resort?

55, 57, 65, 67, and up to the 7th floor. Everything above you will be Island Garden View.

If I'm you, all I'm requesting is "7th floor." You don't want to be too particular beyond that, otherwise they have to guess which part of the request to prioritize.

I've stayed in one of these convention area rooms and they can be kind of fun if there's an event going on. We watched a wedding one night. Though the clinking of plates and glasses can be kind of annoying if you like keeping the sliding glass door open.

If you book through Disney or an agent a one bedroom oceanview - what is the best request to make?

I typically add my room requests with DVC member services. Will this work for an Aulani reservation too? Or do I need to call the resort?
Yes, just got though Member Services. No need to call the resort.

Yes, just got though Member Services. No need to call the resort.
I'm here now and the request I made through member services was greatly sanitized. I had requested through DVC member services "top floor, facing inward toward the pools." The front desk said what they received was "prefer high floor" lol.

The front desk said to call them directly a few days in advance.

Reactions: Lew
I'm here now and the request I made through member services was greatly sanitized. I had requested through DVC member services "top floor, facing inward toward the pools." The front desk said what they received was "prefer high floor" lol.

Very strange. We've visited 6 times, making requests through member services and it worked all the time.

Absolutely! A call to the resort's front desk is much more effective than making a request through Member Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter