• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you start packing??

disneychard

Mouseketeer
We don't go to wdw until September and my husband thinks I am crazy for picking up items and putting them away for our trip, but, I don't start packing until a week before we go, does anyone else do these kind of things??

:):)

I make my packing list one month ahead, b/c I end up adding things that I forgot right up until the day before the trip. Last time I started my list two weeks before and I forgot jammies for the whole family...oops. I actually pack the day before we leave.

well we start getting ready about a year out
yes thats right a year out
at that point we start to figure out what new stuff we will need to buy or like to buy for the trip this way we can watch for sales
so we buy new socks and uderware and set them aside if we need a new swim suit we can watch from them to go on sale or clearnace based on our winter trips the same goes for shorts sandles and what nots

as we get these things we will set them aside by where we keep our suit cases
then about a month out we start getting the little things like toiltries set aside

then about 2 weeks out we will start to pack it gives us plenty of time to make sure we got every thing in our bags
we leave on thursday so last weekend my checked bag was packed and today i worked on my carryon bag
as of right now we have one bag left to pack and that is a checked bag that will be filled with goodies from our local meat market as this trip is the first family get toghter after my folks and sister moved to wa 2 years ago

About two months before we leave I write a list of what I'm planning on bringing. About a month before I'll go over the list and take out all the shirts and shorts I want to bring and make sure their in good shape. 2 weeks before I'll pack everything that I know I won't be using over the next 2 weeks. Then after that I just keep putting everything in when I know I won't need that anymore before the trip.

We don't start packing until the day before usually. :laughing: This trip is actually the first time we've given any forethought to packing ahead of time at all, but just that we need new goggles to swim at Typhoon Lagoon.

I started packing last Aug. We bought the little ones all new outfits for our 10 day trip (big sales etc.). I packed my summer outfits and bathing suits...same with my hubby. Packed his clothes. Whenever we buy something we just pop it into our vacation bin. I start making a check off list about two months prior. The more you plan ahead the more relaxed you're going to be walking out the door and on your way to Disney...... :banana:

WE leave in 21 days and I am throwing this and that (film,cahpatick,travel size toiltries..) in the suitcase...

When I unpacked from the last trip in September, I took out the half empty travel sized products to finish up at home, I replaced the used razor with a shiny new one, replenished the laundry box with more detergent, dryer sheets and quarters, wash my special Disney socks (moisture wicking ones that are the BEST!!!) and put them back in the suitcase.
With my replenish and supply shopping list in my iPod, I start picking up items throughout the year; a face soap here, a fresh pack of hand wipes there... and a smile sneaks across my face with every item I toss in the suitcase! Just knowing that all these items are getting me closer to Disney! And it's easier on the wallet!
I guess you could say it takes me a year to pack! :confused3

I usually start about 2-3 months out. Anything that I buy or that is specifically for our trip that we aren't going to use in that 2-3 month period goes in the suitcases.

As for clothes it depends on the seasons. For example this year we are going in May. I can pack the clothes earlier because we will not yet be wearing summer clothes at home in May. Last year we went at the end of June and I couldn't pack the clothes until the last minute because we were wearing the same clothes that we wanted to pack.

I started packing as soon as we booked our trip. Of course it has been little things. Car games, little toys to keep the kids busy, shorts, bathing suits... I just got a bunch of snacks at the store the other day and those are put away. I am going to be getting the rest of the stuff at the end of this month and I will be packed completely. (well except for everyday stuff... but I might just buy doubles of it all then I will be completely packed) It gives me a month to think of things I might have forgotten.

I usually start about 2-3 months out. Anything that I buy or that is specifically for our trip that we aren't going to use in that 2-3 month period goes in the suitcases.

As for clothes it depends on the seasons. For example this year we are going in May. I can pack the clothes earlier because we will not yet be wearing summer clothes at home in May. Last year we went at the end of June and I couldn't pack the clothes until the last minute because we were wearing the same clothes that we wanted to pack.

Same:thumbsup2 The first things I pack are what I know I won't be using before the trip. Then comes the thingsI might need or might not. Then the last thing is the things I'll need and those usually go in the day before we leave.

Yep, we are 1 yr away right now. I will probably start picking up things to replace in our travel bag (travel size shampoo and such) over the summer. Then come about October/November I will probably pack the kids, just easier than putting away their summer clothes. I have the rest of the family packing a week before so that the night we leave our trailer is ready to go and I'm not waiting on people packing their things still (I'll still be waiting for someone, I just know it).

Yep, we are 1 yr away right now. I will probably start picking up things to replace in our travel bag (travel size shampoo and such) over the summer. Then come about October/November I will probably pack the kids, just easier than putting away their summer clothes. I have the rest of the family packing a week before so that the night we leave our trailer is ready to go and I'm not waiting on people packing their things still (I'll still be waiting for someone, I just know it).

thats what we did with the summer clothes as soon as it starting getting cold I put them right in the suitcases, and we were going in november so it was easier then storing them for short time. this time is diffenrent because we might need some of them before we so I will probably do it the day or two before we go.

We leave in 2 weeks and I started putting stuff in suitcases this past weekend. I put in summer stuff, bathing suits, toiletries, etc. Trying to get a jump on it before DH comes home next week. I will continue this weekend. It is difficult for me to do things during the week due to work (outside the home and freelancing) and the kids' activities. Then this weekend I will be cleaning like crazy... I hate to go on vacation and come home to a messy house.

I had a nightmare last night that we were on our way to the airport and realized we forgot to pack... I was panicked and we realized we would miss our flight. Craziness!

We're leaving in about 3weeks and can't wait. Even after 7 times going it gets more and more exciting each and everytime. I actually started packing our 7 yr olds. clothes today. We have some camping plans next weekend and she has communion review classes coming up before we leave. So the sooner the better.

I usually start packing the day or 2 before we leave. I go through our clothes the week before we leave so I can pick up any new clothes we need. I make a Target run a couple days before to get toiletries and little things. I start my packing list about a month out, though, and usually end up adding stuff to it every day! :)

Well, last year I started a box when I booked the trip. Whenever I went to the dollar store, I limited myself to $5 per trip to Disney stuff (ponchos, wipes, coloring books, travel meds/first aid/ glow sticks, ziplocks, batteries, etc) This helped me spread out the spending. Checked disney outlet for tees biweekly, got several for $5 each. 1 month out 1 made a packing list courtesy of Dis. Two weeks before I started washing and putting the things to the side I wanted to pack, 1 week out started gathering items from around the house (power strip, etc), put together outfits for the kids down to hairbows and undies and bagged them and labeled with name and day, 2 days out everything possible was packed!

We're 9 days out and I've been putting stuff in a bin in my closet for the last couple of weeks - things I wouldn't remember the day before like swim googles, sunglasses, mini sunscreens, lip stuff, toys to keep the baby busy, etc.

I find if I actually start 'packing' now, even if I have list, I will forget if I've packed certain things, panic, run to Target, buy again and then overpack. Or, if the laundry is 'almost' done I'll forget my daughter still needs some PJs or whatever and she may end up with too many or too few. So I wait until I get all the laundry done and then pack a day or two before.

The carry one gets packed last - the night before.

Even with lists, I'm still not super organized about this!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter