When do you start packing??

I've already starting to think about which clothes I want to take for our April trip. I usually wash all of the clothes and pack them about 1-2 weeks before we go. Since they are packed in storage I always wash them before we go. Since we travle quite a bit I usually leave quite a few items in my suitcase from trip to trip like my googles, first aid kit, deodorant, etc.

Um I finished my laundry tonight, and packed most everything tonight. I will finish up right before we head to the airport in the morning.

I get excited as well…I start picking up things about a month out and the packing really starts two weeks before we leave…Since we usually stay offsite as well as drive….I start my kitchen box two weekends out and then clothes and personal items the weekend before.

I’m at the point now where my oldest DS wants to pick out his own clothes…and then we negotiate over his new items and his favorite shirt that is faded and he wears just about every weekend :confused3 Then I have to limit him to only 3 pair of swim trunks….I think the kid collects them :rotfl:

I wish I was packing right now, I am in New Jersey and we're not use to all of the snow, but this winter we had plenty of it!!:):)

I wish I was packing right now, I am in New Jersey and we're not use to all of the snow, but this winter we had plenty of it!!:):)

I'm in Sewell. What's up with all this snow?? We're getting more than Buffalo. LOL
Nancy:confused3

We have 45 days before we leave and I have been slowly picking things up at the stores and putting things in a pile in our room that I know I will forget (personalized Mickey ears, autograph books, pins and lanyards,....). I do have to get some capri pants for myself (went last March and found myself wearing capris most of the time due to the unpredictable weather that time of year), and both girls could use new bathing suits. I will also start collecting the bathroom essentials each time I go to the store (like to buy the little travel size items for $1 at either Target or Walmart. Oh yeah, I had just bought myself a pair of Crocs for our upcoming trip. They are the Disney kind that were on sale for $14.99 with free S&H :cool1:. As for when will the actual suit cases get filled, well those won't be filled until at least 1 week to 1 1/2 weeks out.

I leave early in the morning on the 17th. I'll pack on the 16th - after I do laundry. When you have to walk your clothes to the laundromat and do them, you wait as long as possible to do it! :)

I want to start packing as soon as I book the trip, haha! However, I'm a late packer, so I usually wait until a week before the trip before I start.

I can understand buying items ahead of time in preparation for a trip, but I'm not sure I understand packing suitcases well in advance.

yes i do these kind of things. if its things that i know i wont be using between now and then, then yes i pack it, if i see a good deal on something that i will be using there yes i pick it up and pack it right away. its one less thing you gotta worry about

It depends on what is being packed. If it's the drink straps and koozies, and fanny pack/messenger bag those are still packed from the last trip. :) We are leaving in about 3 weeks and I already have our "summer" clothes packed. We're in the middle of a record number of days of snow on the ground and for the first time in almost a month we are above freezing, not that the snow that is falling....again really cares. LOL So my capris, and jean skirts and crocs are packed. As is the shampoo, and other needed items that I bought for the trip. My packing list has been done, and altered since the last trip in May.

Today the DH and I went out and bought new crocs/tennis shoes to break in and I've packed the new socks, shirts, etc that we needed. There are some things that won't get packed until the last 15 minutes we are home, but I will have a list on the front door reminding me to grab those things.

I just like to take my time and pack slowly, there is less chance of my panicking that last week. This trip is different though...we're leaving the kids with grandma so...I have a huge list for them too. :goodvibes

If I had my way, I would be packed today... including the car! But it is a long way to Sept. and I have to show some self control... I haven't even got our reservations made.... waiting on one family member to tell me if he is going to go or not (and not just tell, but contribute his share of the $$$) Seriously, I pick up things here and there all year, and some of it if I don't pack it I may forget where I put it. About 3 months before we go, I start deciding what I want to where on which day and getting things together.... then we buy more clothes and everything changes..lol. I usually have my bag packed about a 3-5 days before we leave. Last time I left it to my Mother to pack the toilettries (since most of it was hers anyway) while I slept preparing for the long drive. This time, I plan on helping her... since she forgot to pack the sunscreen!!! I got a mild case of sunpoisoning before I broke down and paid $13 for a bottle at the resort gift shop.:scared:

We leave in 10 days and I just packed the kids bag!!! :rotfl: :banana: I will start packing our bag probably next tuesday :)

When we went last month I started packing the day beforehand. I think I started around noon and didn't finish until 9 at night though! Yikes!

We leave in May & have already started packing & buying clothes to take on our trip :lmao: We usually pack as soon as we book,I will have my bags sitting out & company comes over & says 'oh, u going on a trip?' Yeah in 5 more months :rotfl2: I usually go over & over the list to make sure we did not miss anything :rotfl:

I'm a wicked procrastinator, and while I write lists of everything I'm going to take with me, I'm usually still packing the morning of my trip, LOL!

We decided about five months ago to plan for our August trip to celebrate DS's 16th birthday. We booked the trip with our AAA TA over a month ago, but two months ago I bought a big plastic tote bin and have been dropping this and that in it ever since. Does that make me a bit obsessive?!?! :rotfl2: Probably, but that is okay. At least I know when it is finally time to go I will have everyone packed and ready to go.

We're going in May and this weekend I'm going to start picking up things that we'll need (shampoo, razors, etc.) and put them in the travel bag. I also start adding extras that I would completely forget, like poncho's, batteries, ponytail holders. It seems silly to start packing so far out from the travel date but it's much easier than running around like a mad woman trying, and usually forgetting, important things :rotfl2:.

We are going in 3 Weeks... and we started probably 5 or so weeks ago trying on warmer weather clothes and laying them out in the extra bed room, and buying things reserved for new trip and laying those out as well...

Start some time next week actually putting in suit cases...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter