When do Christmas Decorations Go Up?

mickey0624

LET'S GO RANGERS!!!!!
Thinking about a trip for 5 days from the Monday before Thanksgiving through the following weekend. Are the decorations up by then? When do the decorations typically go up in the hotels and parks?

Thinking about a trip for 5 days from the Monday before Thanksgiving through the following weekend. Are the decorations up by then? When do the decorations typically go up in the hotels and parks?
In a normal year, Christmas decorations go up the night following the final Halloween party (either Halloween night or the night of 11/1). This year it should still be that time, it just might take them a couple of nights to put the stuff up. By Thanksgiving week, they should definitely be up. But, this is all guess work with this year.

In a normal year, Christmas decorations go up the night following the final Halloween party (either Halloween night or the night of 11/1). This year it should still be that time, it just might take them a couple of nights to put the stuff up. By Thanksgiving week, they should definitely be up. But, this is all guess work with this year.
Thanks...I would think they'd be up by then

Disney hasn’t said anything official about Christmas this year but the general feeling that with the Halloween parties having been cancelled that the Christmas ones will be too. The decorations went up to be ready for the parties and holiday crowds. This year as skeeter31 says it’s all guess work without official word. They may be up that early or there could be a delay.its just not known.

Halloween decorations are late this year due to party cancellations BUT will still be up 6 weeks prior to Halloween. So figure that Christmas decorations should also be given the same treatment at the least so while they MAY be a little late they should be up by mid-Nov at the latest.

When do they usually start putting the icicle lights on the castle? IIRC, the crane should appear soon, that might give us a clue...

They usually start right after the last Halloween party November 1st was last year. We were at Disney last year until November 6th. The Christmas tree at Magic Kingdom was up plus most decorations there. Not as much in the other parks and resorts.

Attachments

• DF01CB1C-DEFC-4150-92FB-E9F87732A7ED.jpeg
    DF01CB1C-DEFC-4150-92FB-E9F87732A7ED.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 732F78D3-1445-4963-9553-C7218BADC636.jpeg
    732F78D3-1445-4963-9553-C7218BADC636.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 6
It's magical after the closing of the final MNSSHP on 10/31 the next morning its Christmas all over the world.

They usually start right after the last Halloween party November 1st was last year. We were at Disney last year until November 6th. The Christmas tree at Magic Kingdom was up plus most decorations there. Not as much in the other parks and resorts.

Hmm...I'm planning a trip to begin at the parks on Nov. 7. I'm wondering if I should push our trip back a week now to make sure decorations are all up...

It's magical after the closing of the final MNSSHP on 10/31 the next morning its Christmas all over the world.
Sorry, but that is not actually ever true about the whole (Disney) world being decorated the day after the last MNSSHP...
and THIS year it might not even be true for Magic Kingdom. It remains to be seen.

Hmm...I'm planning a trip to begin at the parks on Nov. 7. I'm wondering if I should push our trip back a week now to make sure decorations are all up...
Still too early to know.
But, the closer to Christmas you get, the better are your chances to see decorations.

We were there 11/13-17 last year. The park decorations were up, but not everything in the resorts was up yet. Some of them popped up while we were there (like the tree at Pop).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter