• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When are you at your happiest when your at the Happiest Place on Earth?

I am at my happiest that first day when we walk into MK and see the Castle:lovestruc :cloud9: :love:

I have two:

1) When we first arrive at MCO, and I can smell the humidty, and am on the ME. I know all is fine, we all got there, and that this is the moment I've been waiting for, and I'm headed to my favorite place in the world:love: Oh I can't wait 36 more days!

2) Is sitting on the curb on Main street surrounded by my family watching Spectro. I know there is truly no where else I would ever rather be:love:

1) Walking through Frontierland -smelling the turkey legs, listening to the music (I'm playing the loop on my computer as I type right now :) , and setting my eyes on Splash Mountain. That's a huge happy place for me.

2) Sitting at a table outside Casey's as I eat breakfast I bought at MS Bakery, listening to the MS singers do their trolley show

since we don't have a trip planned now::sad2: hubby and I realized a TON of the fun is in the PLANNING! making out the itinerary with the dinner ressies, etc.!!! (how weird are we?)
but... that first night... all settled in and exploring the resort with a drink in hand.... talking about all we have to look forward to!:banana:
2nd: Illuminations!!!!! :cool1:

I have 2
:goodvibes

as I come out from the under the train station, and Main Street is right there:cloud9:

when I walk into DHS and see the sorceror hat:wizard:

I have to say this is my happiest moment when there also. There is nothing like seeing Main Street with the Castle at the end. Ahhh, wish I was there!

There are so many to choose from! I think mine is when I step off the airplane into the Orlando airport and board the magical express....and you see the signs of disney world on your way to your resort!!! when you get off and walk through the doors of your resort it hits me....IM AT DISNEY WORLD!!

Exactly! And the fact that I read through all the answers, and agreed with everyone else makes it crystal clear to me why a Walt Disney World vacation is such a wonderful thing. I am at my happiest the whole time I'm there :goodvibes!

We drive once every year so as soon as I see those huge buildings in downtown Orlando I know we are close. It always makes me smile and I think ok now starts the fun.

Sounds a little strange, but I'm at my happiest when we are at Wolfgang Pucks at DD. Every year, we go there for dinner the night we arrive. So it's always an exciting, happy (and yummy) meal, knowing our vacation is stretched out in front of us.

Last year, we got a call on DH's cell right after ordering our food to let us know that his luggage arrived at the airport, so we were ESPECIALLY happy that time! :lmao:

Mine is a little strange also. Every trip I have made the last 10 or so years I have driven. And the first stop in Disney is ALWAYS the Mcdonalds over by the All Star Resorts. So that to me is the "moment." :thumbsup2

At 'Ohana, on our arrival evening. We begin going to the parks the next day, so this is the first true sense that the magic is coming soon!

Wow... noone picked MINE!!!

ILLUMINATIONS!!!

That's my pick too. :) I love the WS, so just being there, enjoying the ambiance, is my happy place, period. But I love staking my spot early, I mean, like 2 hours early, and enjoying the moment. We eat dinner, enjoy some drinks and snacks, chat, and just relish the fact that we're *there*. Then, Illuminations is the frosting on the cake. I get choked up when the torches go out, and an adrenaline rush when the first firework is shot off from somewhere around the United Kingdom area. WOW. :love:

We drive up from Naples so for me is it when I get off of I-4 and head to the resort...then I am bouncing around in the car with excitement

Mine is when I am with the disney princesses or riding my fave rides. Then I know that I am not at work and that I am at my fave place in the world.

I have 2

Walking into MK for the first time of the vacation and seeing the castle. I can't help it...I get teary eyed every time.

An walking around Epcot at night....in future world on the fiberoptic blocks...something about that. I want those for my patio.

That's my pick too. :) I love the WS, so just being there, enjoying the ambiance, is my happy place, period. But I love staking my spot early, I mean, like 2 hours early, and enjoying the moment. We eat dinner, enjoy some drinks and snacks, chat, and just relish the fact that we're *there*. Then, Illuminations is the frosting on the cake. I get choked up when the torches go out, and an adrenaline rush when the first firework is shot off from somewhere around the United Kingdom area. WOW. :love:

We do the same thing! Illuminations is my DH's favorite thing to do! We get our spot AT LEAST an hour or more early, park our big stroller there and one of us stays and the other goes and gets a treat for us all. It's so magical!

There was one year a few years ago that this family with a group of pre-teens stood practically on top of us and they all talked LOUDLY thru it! What a disappointment! We tried to shush them but they wouldn't get the hint!! It's like talking during a movie. DON'T TAKE AWAY SOMEONE'S MAGIC!! :scared:

-Getting into the towncar for the ride to the Poly from the airport, and seeing all the signs for Disney along the way. Peaking at the moment we enter the gates.

-Being greeted at the Poly

-The first ride on the monorail to the MK

-Stepping out from under the train station and onto Main Street for the first time

-When Illuminations ends and the "We Go On" song is playing and raw emtion is thick in the air (Gets me every time :) )

I am happiest taking a picture with the charactors thats my greatest moments seeing my daughter dressed up and interacting with them .:cool1: :cool1:

The Welcome to Walt Disney World signs that you drive under and walking down Main Street at the Magic Kingdom! I feel at home.

Close 2nd (or 3rd I guess) is the doors closing on the elevator taking me up to the drop on Tower of Terror!:woohoo:

1) Walking through Frontierland -smelling the turkey legs, listening to the music (I'm playing the loop on my computer as I type right now , and setting my eyes on Splash Mountain. That's a huge happy place for me.
Sorry for the OT post, but didn't they discontinue those turkey legs? I seem to remember reading that somewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter