Whats's in your DVC Locker?

frostymom

Mouseketeer
Just curious if it would be worth the expense. What is in your locker? So far I have watched a few youtube videos and I am not thinking it is worth the expense to store a hairbrush or toothbrush type items, IMHO.

SO.MUCH.STUFF :)

Toiletries, clothes, sandals, etc (enough that we can all travel with just a backpack)
Full set of dishes, including silverware
Cooking utensils and a mini griddle
Stainless steel water bottles and coffee tumblers
refillable popcorn bucket
non-perishable food (peanut butter, oatmeal, condiments, spices, etc)
Ponchos and umbrellas
backpack
First Aid stuff, including medicines
Laundry bag and detergent
Trading pins and lanyard
extra magic bands

We go enough that it is absolutely worth it for us :) I love that stupid box so much that I cried when I finally saw it again in late august. My son and husband found that hilarious LOL

Toiletries, clothes, sandals, etc (enough that we can all travel with just a backpack)
SO.MUCH.STUFF :)

Cooking utensils and a mini griddle
Stainless steel water bottles and coffee tumblers
refillable popcorn bucket
non-perishable food (peanut butter, oatmeal, condiments, spices, etc)
Ponchos and umbrellas
backpack
First Aid stuff, including medicines
Laundry bag and detergent
Trading pins and lanyard
extra magic bands

We go enough that it is absolutely worth it for us :) I love that stupid box so much that I cried when I finally saw it again in late august. My son and husband found that hilarious LOL

Us too!
Lots of silly first aid stuff and toiletries, which helps us to travel with carry ons only. Also we can get larger sized liquids.
These are the must-haves, though:
SUNSCREEN
NONPERISHABLE FOODS (same as above)
PONCHOS
PJs
TOILETRIES and FIRST AID - band aids, wipes, toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, hairbrushes and hair elastics
MISTING FANS
MOUSE EARS (we rotate between a few at home and some in the OL)

Our latest addition: a collapsible mini Christmas tree. 🤦‍♀️ 🤣

Considering a mini-griddle or other small cooking implement.

Best $100 I ever spent. But in normal times, we go twice a year and might be open to last minute trips on the budget airlines, which do some specials to Orlando where I live. The budget airlines charge as much for bags as the flight! You put the contents on the website, so you know exactly what you have. I pasted mine.

The idea was to travel with backpacks, and maybe even take a last minute summer trip, but that hasn't really gone to plan with Covid. I was able to execute that when I sent a Covid-recovered relative last minute when the parks reopened. They had 2.5 days notice of that trip and handled it perfectly.

robe, medicines, contacts, shampoo, cond, toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, pajamas, swim, swim diaper, socks, cold hats, ponchos, raincoat (B), blanket, white noise machine, night light, paper plates, brita, mug, tea, chargers, ext cord, scissors, tape, duct tape, pens, Tide stick, Disney stuff: Tink backpack, mouse ears, bubble guns, glow sticks, DVC card, Disney sneakers

My planning is already done, and no, say, forgetting my nightlight and my kid won't sleep. I love the concept of only needing clothes, laptop, and phone.

Most used item: scissors.

A notepad and pens, because last I heard Disney stopped putting them in the room. If you're talking on the phone and you need to write something down, this is helpful.

Battery-operated toothbrush.

Hair elastics, because it's too hot if I don't pull my hair back, and I'm always losing them.

Band-aids and moleskin. See also - scissors, to cut the moleskin.

Comb.

Best $100 I ever spent. But in normal times, we go twice a year and might be open to last minute trips on the budget airlines, which do some specials to Orlando where I live. The budget airlines charge as much for bags as the flight! You put the contents on the website, so you know exactly what you have. I pasted mine.

I think you are my kind of traveler. I caught Spirit Flights for $25 ew pp. So this is a no brainer that I am going and for such a long time. I did buy checked bags for $22 ew x2 as three of us are going. I am planning on buying a cooking item, and I just did not want to throw that out so maybe this is for us too. I love that I can get on and off with backpacks as well. However, I do pack a very tight personal item. I do like the idea of leaving my park bag and some of my stuff I do not really use at home there and not carrying it back and forth.

Thanks again!

I do like the idea of leaving my park bag and some of my stuff I do not really use at home there and not carrying it back and forth.

Hey, leave a duffel worth behind, save a bag fee, and you've paid for 1/3 of your Owner's Locker! There's a DVC member special in the portal. I think it was no initiation fee and maybe 6 months free? They also give you a blue box instead of a purple one.

I've seen people leave things like a monitor for work, or an air mattress, or bedding, or holiday decorations, or their coffee/cooking things. With how deep I'm in DVC, this is a fantastic addition that really lets me do what I want to do.

When we had a locker (actually had 3 lockers) we actually put EVERYTHING in them. When it came time for vacation we could leave with just the clothes on our back (perhaps a small carry-on).

The downside was we would have to periodically visit a Walmart to replenish certain things such as detergent and toiletries.

Does anyone have the link for the DVC discount? My search on the DVC website is coming up with other things.

We have a twin air mattress & sheets in ours since we have 4 kids who are now adult size and don't like to share a bed! Otherwise, same as what's mentioned above plus a screwdriver, Christmas lights, pens/pencils and a calculator in case they've got homework and forget any of those and a notebook that we keep trip notes in, it's fun to look back at it each time and reminisce!

We love our locker! I agree with the scissors, they come in handy every trip. I can add the following: electric egg cooker, Sharpie pen, corkscrew and wine bottle topper, Wine Bar George Corksicle to get the $10 refills :) , waterproof packable jackets and fanny packs, hair straightener..could go on and on! We always joke packing it back up that it's Owner's Locker Tetris haha.

Also - it's "Owner's Locker" not "DVC Locker."

I mention that not to be a nit-picker, but because

(a) people should know that it's owned by a private company, it is not owned by Disney

(b) if people try to find it online they need to know what to search

(c) people do not have to be DVC members to use it. If someone goes to Disney often, they might want it even if they do not stay in DVC rooms. The company delivers to a lot of hotels other than DVC:
https://www.ownerslocker.com/locations/

Power strips
USB charging converters
Phone (and other electronic) charging cords
Backpack
First AId
Britta pitcher and filters
Coffee Filters
Wet cooling neck towels
Detergent
Flashlights and batteries
Paper towels
Bathing Suits
Pool shoes
Shaving razor and cartridges
Saran Wrap
Aluminum foil
Gallon ziplocs
Quart ziplocs
Paper towels
Scissors
Sewing kit
Swiss Army Knife
Tape (scotch and gaffer)
Tea
Assorted hygiene products

To me the key is realizing that the locker not only allows you to avoid carrying a whole lot of items back and forth, but also allows you to have access to a lot of items we would probably live without but for the locker (eg the Britta stuff).

Pro Tip: For your second trip with the locker, make sure to bring something with you that can cut open the plastic zip ties used to secure the lid. This isn't an issue on your first trip because the box is delivered to you empty and unsecured. Many DVC rooms have knives or wine openers with cutters that will work, but that's not always the case. The Swiss Army knife or any other tools inside inside your box doesn't help. And you generally cannot bring knives on carry on luggage, so it can be a bit of a puzzler, as many people try to avoid checking bags and even if you do have them and ride the WDW bus sometimes your checked luggage doesn't arrive until hours later and you want your stuff right now!. Yes, I did not anticipate this issue for our second trip with a box, but I managed to get it open with a wine opener. I probably would have had to ask bell services to come rescue me if that didn't work. Now I make sure to bring a pair of large sturdy nail clippers which are allowed in carry-ons (as long as they don't have an attached file that could look or act like a knife), and those do the trick.

Last edited:
Pro Tip: For your second trip with the locker, make sure to bring something with you that can cut open the plastic zip ties used to secure the lid. This isn't an issue on your first trip because the box is delivered to you empty and unsecured. Many DVC rooms have knives or wine openers with cutters that will work, but that's not always the case. The Swiss Army knife or any other tools inside inside your box doesn't help. And you generally cannot bring knives on carry on luggage, so it can be a bit of a puzzler, as many people try to avoid checking bags and even if you do have them and ride the WDW bus sometimes your checked luggage doesn't arrive until hours later and you want your stuff right now!. Yes, I did not anticipate this issue for our second trip with a box, but I managed to get it open with a wine opener. I probably would have had to ask bell services to come rescue me if that didn't work. Now I make sure to bring a pair of large sturdy nail clippers which are allowed in carry-ons (as long as they don't have an attached file that could look or act like a knife), and those do the trick.

Next time, just try twisting the top part of the zip tie (I think it looks like mickey ears) until it pops :) We've never needed a knife or scissors.

Next time, just try twisting the top part of the zip tie (I think it looks like mickey ears) until it pops :) We've never needed a knife or scissors.
Never occurred to me even as I scrounged my luggage and the room for every tool I could find. Good to know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter