What's your take on...

I called for my June ADR asked about the holiday pricing. The CM put me on hold came back and said that the new policy is that there will be a holiday surcharge from Memorial Day to July 5. She then quoted me the new prices for every restaurant I booked.

Does this help????

Yes - it does help. So, if anyone want to confirm that they can call Disney CRO.

On a side note, I see you stayed in the Treehouses. Lucky you! I always wanted to do that when I was a little girl.

I called for my June ADR asked about the holiday pricing. The CM put me on hold came back and said that the new policy is that there will be a holiday surcharge from Memorial Day to July 5. She then quoted me the new prices for every restaurant I booked.

Does this help????

RIDICULOUS!:mad: I love Disney, but COME ON! The last few times I have been I have paid out the yang for food, I mean that IS the killer down there! :eek: Why make it worse? We are doing the DDP hoping that it makes a smaller dent in what already is a huge food budget. Thankfully we leave on the 24th of May.

They do this because they can, they know little Johnny's Mom will pay the extra dollars so little Johnny can eat with Mickey.

UGH!

I am the mean mom, DD wont be eating with Mickey. It will be poptarts in the room if it comes down to that. If it is the same food, same characters I wont pay $12 extra for my family to eat there. Some people will, but I wont. :mad:

I wonder if it will push more people toward the dining plan, then it "really in fuzzy disney math" isnt costing you more to eat there.

Does this help????

Yes - it does help. So, if anyone want to confirm that they can call Disney CRO.

So this confirms that THERE IS NOT a per person SURCHARGE of a $4- $5 added to the bottom of your checks at WDW.

The reports that there WERE $4- $5 per person SURCHARGES added to the bottom of your checks were RUMORS.

It confirms that they have simply raised the MENU PRICES at higher-attendence times of the year.

How bout a truce...... it's like an argument on the correct pronunciation of the word ketchup. catch up or cat sup....... it's still a yummy tomato based condiment

Surcharge or Price Increase. Bottom line it's gonna cost you more to eat in June than August

How bout a truce...... it's like an argument on the correct pronunciation of the word ketchup. catch up or cat sup....... it's still a yummy tomato based condiment

Surcharge or Price Increase. Bottom line it's gonna cost you more to eat in June than August

Well said!!

Greed. The only reason for the holiday increase is greed and they can get away with it. The same with higher weekend room prices at some resorts. Im waiting for them to increase the parking fees on weekends or holiday times to make more. For larger families this increase will make a difference on where they will be eating.

So this confirms that THERE IS NOT a per person SURCHARGE of a $4- $5 added to the bottom of your checks at WDW.

The reports that there WERE $4- $5 per person SURCHARGES added to the bottom of your checks were RUMORS.

It confirms that they have simply raised the MENU PRICES at higher-attendence times of the year.

No - it wasn't a $4 or $5 charge per check. It was a surcharge/price increase/higher amount/whatever you want to call it in the amount per meal.

Greed. The only reason for the holiday increase is greed and they can get away with it. The same with higher weekend room prices at some resorts. Im waiting for them to increase the parking fees on weekends or holiday times to make more. For larger families this increase will make a difference on where they will be eating.

That's why I wanted to know. Our family doesn't like to soley do sit-down meals but we get tired of counter service. There are 5 of us and $25 extra per check for a sit-down meal just isn't going to cut it!

I wonder if they will tack this on to the dining plan? In any event, I imagine this will be very unpopular...PerhapsDisney will get sued - like my cc did for adding extra surcharges on to foreign travel or the Swan did for their resort fees....

I'm a little confused. Are they raising the prices on all sit-down restaurants or just those buffets and character meals mentioned in a previous post?

I'm not sure if it's just the ones listed, but I did call to double check about the Garden Grill. The prices will be $32.99 and $15.99 (adults and kids) which for my family of 5 means $19 more plus the tax and tip on top of that. Luckily this is the only meal planned that will be affected so I'm leaving it. If we had others, I'd change them. That's just ridiculous that a meal is going to cost me over $20 more when I'm not there at a holiday, or even within a week of a holiday.

Last I checked this only applied to the all you can eat buffets, not resturants that charge by the item.

I don't remember the exact numbers but I think they add $5 per adult and around $2 per child.

Disney is not advertizing this added charge, but then again their website doesn't give exact charges, just the $, $$, $$$ symbols. The only people who are going to notice are the people who go online and look up the normal prices.

I'm not exactly happy about the added $, but fortunantly there is only going to be myself and my DD on our June trip so it is not going to hit us too hard. I would hate to be a large family :scared1: .

It sounds like these price increases affect only those who are not on the meal plan? Am I correct in assuming this? Now if there is a surcharge, in addition to or possibly instead of an increase, will we have to pay OOP for this even though we're on the meal plan?:confused3

Thanks

When we were there on Dec. 16 and ate at 1900 Park Fare the price increases were started. We did not have to pay the price increase since we were on the dining plan.
So if you are on the dining plan you do not pay anything extra (except the tip now, which will be more due to the increased price).

When we were there on Dec. 16 and ate at 1900 Park Fare the price increases were started. We did not have to pay the price increase since we were on the dining plan.
So if you are on the dining plan you do not pay anything extra (except the tip now, which will be more due to the increased price).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter