What's your least favorite popular restaurant?

DVC_Dad_Canada

Mouseketeer
Everyone has that one restaurant that everyone raves about, but you think is mediocre at best. What is it for you?

My family has a few.

Earl of Sandwich: small sandwiches and a long line
Be Our Guest: fantastic scenery but mediocre overpriced food, even for WDW
Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace: Golden Corrals with characters at outrageous prices

Please don't judge others for their opinions. I'd love to hear what others have to say.

We had a horrible experience at O'hana, will not go back.

Other than that HDDR, Chef Mickeys, earl of sandwhich, and d-Luxe burger

Captain's Grill. I don't know how popular it is but I hardly ever see a bad review of it. We had one really terrible dinner and one really mediocre breakfast after a really long wait. It's on our never again list.

Via Napoli, Rainforest, T-Rex

And for the OP, where do you find sandwiches at Disney that are larger, for the prices at Earl of Sandwich??? Love their sandwiches and prices!

Everyone has that one restaurant that everyone raves about, but you think is mediocre at best. What is it for you?

My family has a few.

Earl of Sandwich: small sandwiches and a long line
Be Our Guest: fantastic scenery but mediocre overpriced food, even for WDW
Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace: Golden Corrals with characters at outrageous prices

Please don't judge others for their opinions. I'd love to hear what others have to say.
Completely agree with Crystal Palace - food was not good at all and the atmosphere really blah. We also thought Cape May was terrible, including 3 seafood lovers. Really low quality food.

all Disney is overpriced, starting with simple water bottles, but Cinderella Royal Table it is THE worst, Victoria and Albert is a mega expensive restaurant but they do serve amazing fresh food, CRT ? is a joke, you are paying just to be inside the castle, food and characters are a plus and BOTH are available for much less outside the castle.

Via Napoli, Rainforest, T-Rex

And for the OP, where do you find sandwiches at Disney that are larger, for the prices at Earl of Sandwich??? Love their sandwiches and prices!

For sandwiches, we like the Carved sandwiches at Mara and the Reuben at Sci-Fi. For Disney Springs, we'd much rather have a Blaze Pizza or even a sandwich from Bongo's Express. If you get the sandwich only at Bongo's it's a similar price as Earl's.

I don't know if this is a popular place or not but Hollywood Brown Derby I didn't care for at all. Very slow service with the place half empty and the food was unremarkable to me.

Chef Mickeys! It was the worst dining experience we had on our trip. It was so loud, the buffet was limited, the seats are so close together, the characters flew through and barely interacted with the kids. But, the thing that bothered me most was my 3 year old son slept through the entire meal, he didn't have anything to eat or drink, and when I asked if we could have him removed from the bill we were initially told no, it took a while for me to get them to agree to take him off the bill. They seriously wanted to charge me $50 for him to sleep in the booth. DH usually doesn't say anything about the plans I make for our trips, he just goes with the flow, but he has said repeatedly that he does not want to go back to Chef Mickey's again.

Chef Mickeys! It was the worst dining experience we had on our trip. It was so loud, the buffet was limited, the seats are so close together, the characters flew through and barely interacted with the kids. But, the thing that bothered me most was my 3 year old son slept through the entire meal, he didn't have anything to eat or drink, and when I asked if we could have him removed from the bill we were initially told no, it took a while for me to get them to agree to take him off the bill. They seriously wanted to charge me $50 for him to sleep in the booth. DH usually doesn't say anything about the plans I make for our trips, he just goes with the flow, but he has said repeatedly that he does not want to go back to Chef Mickey's again.

Definitely agree with Chef Mickeys, so over-rated, characters barely hang out with you, food is lousy and not worth it. I can't believe they tried to charge you for your son, c'mon really, getting very stingy in some places these days. I'm sure the server could clearly see he was sleeping (what did he think you were sneaking him food?)...sheesh...once upon a time, that would have been no problem to do.

'Ohana, will not return. When we brought family a couple years ago we told them to pick whatever restaurants they wanted, and we would happily join them, except 'Ohana.

I have a thing against buffets, so I avoid them like the plague. Out of the rest, I would say that T-Rex is my absolute least favorite. It's loud as all heck and the food is just meh.

I also feel like Citricos is pretty overpriced and not nearly as exotic as they purport to be (yes, I said it). Wolfgang Puck's is another that I don't believe lives up to the hype. Just my $0.02.

Le Cellier - crammed us in there, and although the steaks themselves were okay, everything else we got was below average. Glad to have done it once but will not be back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter