What's your least favorite popular restaurant?

BOG was underwhelming. Had lunch and it was bland and lukewarm. French onion soup was weak. Via Napoli was awful. They had alcoholic drinks on the menu, those fruity sweet drinks with a hint of alcohol. We asked our server if they could make cocktails, like a Martini or a Manhattan. He did not know what the word 'cocktail' meant! We were looking forward to good authentic Neapolitan pizza but what we got was soggy and burnt at the same time, tasting like burnt rancid oil.

ANY and ALL character meals....One of the greatest days of my life was when my 8 yr old daughter said "Dad, those places are for little kids!" I laughed out loud and said "Thank God" under my breath... I remember it like yesterday...and NOW she's 20! I'm sorry I don't consider myself cheap in ANY way...but I just can't justify spending $50 each for basic breakfast or what most call Golden Corral type food...YUKKK!

BUT yes...I understand why people go...to see the characters and to make their kids happy! been there done that!

ANY and ALL character meals....One of the greatest days of my life was when my 8 yr old daughter said "Dad, those places are for little kids!" I laughed out loud and said "Thank God" under my breath... I remember it like yesterday...and NOW she's 20! I'm sorry I don't consider myself cheap in ANY way...but I just can't justify spending $50 each for basic breakfast or what most call Golden Corral type food...YUKKK!

BUT yes...I understand why people go...to see the characters and to make their kids happy! been there done that!

LOl. I totally get this. But I was really shocked when my 10yr old son said that the very best thing about WDW was eating with the characters.
We are taking our daughter (with our son) for her first ever visit, and we have added EXTRA character meals to our planned itinerary! I know, from a culinary perspective it is hardly going to be memorable, but, I hope the over all effect works for them! Lucky for us I got a good deal on the DXDP - so can throw in a couple of nicer food places too.

Having said that, you could not pay me to go back to Chef Mickey's. Also I have not included 50's PT on this trip. I would happily have left Sci Fi off too, but was outvoted, and used my "Mum Veto" for Chef Mickey's.

I LOVE 7 Layer Salad!!!!

Overnight 7 layer salad: Lettuce, celery, frozen peas, a nice thick layer of mayo, sugar, Parmesan, and bacon bits, in that order. Yum!!!!

It is best freshly tosssed, but I've been known to eat it even after it's been tossed and stewing in the fridge for a few days. :flower:

hahaha - I make this for cookouts! I put a layer of hard-boiled eggs in there, though, and not bacon bits but thick cut bacon just slightly chopped. It is a low-carb lovers dream!!!

Everyone has that one restaurant that everyone raves about, but you think is mediocre at best. What is it for you?

My family has a few.

Earl of Sandwich: small sandwiches and a long line
Be Our Guest: fantastic scenery but mediocre overpriced food, even for WDW
Chef Mickey's and Crystal Palace: Golden Corrals with characters at outrageous prices

Please don't judge others for their opinions. I'd love to hear what others have to say.

))))) TONY's (((((, Sorry for the fans of this place out there!

I don't usually slam anything, trust me. Every other TS, is above this one this is just IMHO.
Horrible Food:crazy2:, Terrible service:teacher:,so so ambience:sad2:, And the worse part is, that it's in such a perfect part of the park and should be rewarded....I actually gave it a second try, but never again!!:confused3

BOG God I can't understand the hype the food at dinner was disgusting and they would only let us have 1 bottle of wine (for 5 adults) if I had a second glass maybe I could have tolerated my food.

Chef Mickeys! And we also will never go back to Hollywood & Vine - reminded me of CM without the characters.

I LOVE 7 Layer Salad!!!!

Overnight 7 layer salad: Lettuce, celery, frozen peas, a nice thick layer of mayo, sugar, Parmesan, and bacon bits, in that order. Yum!!!!

It is best freshly tosssed, but I've been known to eat it even after it's been tossed and stewing in the fridge for a few days. :flower:
That is disgusting. I can't believe you can eat that! Are you sure you didn't mean to post this on 4/1? :rotfl:

BOG God I can't understand the hype the food at dinner was disgusting and they would only let us have 1 bottle of wine (for 5 adults) if I had a second glass maybe I could have tolerated my food.

If there's a 2 glass max, I'm confused why they won't let you get a second bottle, as 1 bottle is 4 full servings? That's dumb:(

CRT dinner was not good, food was bland and dessert dry. We did not like Skippers Canteen and left a lot of food on the plate.

If there's a 2 glass max, I'm confused why they won't let you get a second bottle, as 1 bottle is 4 full servings? That's dumb:(
I wish I knew they would not let us something about although they had alcohol they didn't want anyone in MK drunk. Really two of us couldn't get drunk on 1 bottle of wine let alone 5 We wont go back so

not a problem

I don't like character meals mostly because I'm at the mercy of when the characters visit and making numerous trips to the buffet for my kids. My food is usually cold by the time I take pics of the kids with the princess or whatever and make sure the kids are good. Then I'll just pick up my fork to eat and ANOTHER character comes over. lol it's just super annoying.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter