Whats the longest You've waited for an attraction?

We wandered into Disney MGM Studios 2 weeks after it opened and every attraction was 2 hours plus. The shortest was 2 hrs, 10 minutes for the Great Movie Ride; the longest, 2 hours, 50 minutes for the Backlot Tour/Catastrophe Canyon. In 8 hours we saw all 3 attractions (the original Monster Sound Show the 3rd), met the Ninja Turtles and ate lunch at the Soundstage restaurant. (Which I loved)

My sister and I were there that month. I remember that Great Movie Ride line - it never seemed to end. 2+ hours for us too.

I think I also had a wait of 2+ hours for Body Wars.

I waited 70 minutes in November to ride 7DMT. I was in Orlando for a conference and we went to the MK for one day. We did not have any FP+ because we decided at the last minute to go. My friend had never been on the ride, really wanted to do it and knew she wouldn't be back anytime soon.

Hands down my longest wait was 1 hour and 40 minutes to meet Anna & Elsa in their original spot in Norway - and I felt lucky! This was during the time when Disney had finally started the m&g at 9 am instead of letting everyone pile up until 11. I was at Epcot's front gate for the 9 am opening and headed straight back (being passed by plenty of younger and/or hardier souls, many pushing strollers). And of course, the Early Akershus ADR folks were already there. I thought I did great to have such a (at the time relatively) short wait, and the sisters were awesome.

My second longest was about 70 minutes to meet Hiro and Baymax at DHS last year - I got in line a little after 9:30, they didn't come out until 10:30, but I was about the 4th party in line - and that line behind me was LONG! Again I felt lucky.

Third longest was about 45 minutes to meet Merida a couple of years ago (whatever February she was still fairly new). If I'd been just one party closer to the front, I would have made it in with the first group, before she took a break, but I had to wait for her to come back for her next set.

I didn't time this one, but I waited in a pretty long line at the old Princess meet and greet at Town Square Theatre when I was there for Valentine's Week and the Princes were meeting with their Princesses.

I wouldn't swear to this, but I don't think I've ever waited over half an hour for a ride. If I don't have FP and the standby line is too long, I'll skip it or try again another day. But for characters I want to meet, I'll tough it out in the line! (Disclaimer: I have never gone duirng a really heavy crowd time.)

For our trip a week ago, our longest wait was probably 25 minutes for Pooh. (Unless you count waiting on the magical express to take us to our resort...)

Prior to that trip, my now husband and I probably waited the longest for Dumbo, that wait was about an hour if I'm remembering correctly. This was 12 years ago. My how things have changed! He did propose on that ride though so I can't complain. :)

I was reading through some of the threads regarding Disney going downhill, being more crowded, etc and I asked DH- in our past 5 WDW trips- whats the longest we waited for a ride or character greeting???

Our top wait time? 30 minutes- for toy story mania using a FP and for Epcot's Character Spot (what were we thinking???)

How can that be? we've been on almost all the rides in all the parks and met so so many characters- I think its all the planning I put into the trips- and all the early rope drop mornings. I feel like I've spent more time waiting for ADRs at Ohana and standing in line for the Candlelight processional with dining package than the rides and characters!

Whats the longest you've waited for an attraction? Looking ahead- what ride/character would you be willing to wait "a long time" for?
It really depends on the person and their love of attractions.. My daughter loves Aerosmith hates tower of terror so.. I'm pretty sure favorite vary by many factors.

We waited around 2 hours for it when it first opened. My DS7 wanted to ride it so bad so we waited in the hot sun for it. Afterward, we went through the rest of the park, and about 30 minutes before park close, we asked if there was anything he wanted to do again; he said Splash. We groaned but said ok and when we got there it was a walk on lol.

That is awesome that it was a walk on! It is so hard to resist the waits when a loved one wants to ride something so bad.

I was reading through some of the threads regarding Disney going downhill, being more crowded, etc and I asked DH- in our past 5 WDW trips- whats the longest we waited for a ride or character greeting???

Our top wait time? 30 minutes- for toy story mania using a FP and for Epcot's Character Spot (what were we thinking???)

How can that be? we've been on almost all the rides in all the parks and met so so many characters- I think its all the planning I put into the trips- and all the early rope drop mornings. I feel like I've spent more time waiting for ADRs at Ohana and standing in line for the Candlelight processional with dining package than the rides and characters!

Whats the longest you've waited for an attraction? Looking ahead- what ride/character would you be willing to wait "a long time" for?
We waited almost 2 hours when Splash Mountain first opened.

Well, let's see, last summer we stood in line under the covered area just before you go into the grand stands for the LMA show for probably about an hour while they waited for the weather to clear. Indeed, the weather did clear, but the for what ever reason, they cancelled the show. I'm not terribly certain that counts though, since we didn't see the show, and the wait would have been no existent had the storm not hit as we were walking into the stadium.

The longest I remember waiting in recent history for any attraction was about 45 minutes to see the Fairies back when they were meeting in ToonTown. In general, we don't wait more than 20 to 30 minutes for anything.

I think that we waited around an hour for Forbidden Journey the first year it opened. That is not something I want to do ever again though so I try to limit waiting at any themepark to 30 minutes.

Almost 3 hours for Space Mountain at Disneyland, back in the '80's. (More than once, mind you, lol)

Ah to be a teenager again with little responsibility and 3 hours to happily stand in line with my BFF :)

In 1988 I waited 2 and 1/2 hrs.
for Space Mt. at DL on Spring Break in over 100 degree weather. I watched one woman pass out in line! I still wait in long lines to ride my favorite attractions but will never forget that day.

The longest I've ever waited for anything at WDW is Meeting Tinkerbell before she had Fastpass. My niece really wanted to meet the fairies. The line said 45 minutes when we got in it. It took about 75 minutes. When we came out, my husband said they changed the sign just after we got in line. The joy on my niece's face made it worth it. She never complained once while we waited.

The longest I've ever waited for a ride was Transformers at Universal in California. It kept breaking down so by the time it was finally open everyone was in line. We waited 2 1/2 hours. We had already ridden everything else and my husband really wanted to ride it. I knew we wouldn't be back for a long time, so we waited.

Other than those 2 exceptions 20 minutes is about our limit. We will get a spot about 30 minutes early for a parade or fireworks if it is a priority that day or new.

I love these people who claim they never wait more than 40 minutes!

So what you're saying is, between 11AM and 10PM you only ride Stitch, the Peoplemover, the paddle boat, or It's a Small World, or you get to watch Philharmagic, the Presidents, or Carousel of Progress.

Sounds really fun!

Since I've only gone Spring Break or Summer I have had to wait longer than 40 minutes. My longest wait was probably Splash Mountain on July 4, 2010 (my first day to MK, so I remember the date well). I think we waited 130 minutes for it around 4PM.

The longest I've ever waited for anything at WDW is Meeting Tinkerbell before she had Fastpass. My niece really wanted to meet the fairies. The line said 45 minutes when we got in it. It took about 75 minutes. When we came out, my husband said they changed the sign just after we got in line. The joy on my niece's face made it worth it. She never complained once while we waited.

DW got in the line for Tink and friends back in 2009, along with our friends and their kids. I think it took them two hours. I stayed with DS, who was 16 months at the time. We strolled around, had a snack, sat and enjoyed the atmosphere, and I even collected FPs for a couple rides for our group while they waited in line.

80 minutes for Toy Story Midway Mania, totally worth it though because it's a family favorite. But when we took a side trip to Universal we did wait 3 hours for the Gringott's Bank ride at Harry Potter World, bit of an excessive wait for all of the rides there, but they were impressive and in all fairness it was at Christmas time.

The longest I have EVER waited was two hours for Spider Man at IoA.
For a Disney attraction, Splash Mountain was probably a close second to that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter