Whats the longest You've waited for an attraction?

DisneyFirstTimer10

DIS Veteran
I was reading through some of the threads regarding Disney going downhill, being more crowded, etc and I asked DH- in our past 5 WDW trips- whats the longest we waited for a ride or character greeting???

Our top wait time? 30 minutes- for toy story mania using a FP and for Epcot's Character Spot (what were we thinking???)

How can that be? we've been on almost all the rides in all the parks and met so so many characters- I think its all the planning I put into the trips- and all the early rope drop mornings. I feel like I've spent more time waiting for ADRs at Ohana and standing in line for the Candlelight processional with dining package than the rides and characters!

Whats the longest you've waited for an attraction? Looking ahead- what ride/character would you be willing to wait "a long time" for?

2 hours - The "new" (at least in 2007) Nemo submarines in Disneyland. :fish: We knew we only had one opportunity to ride them and so it was surely worth the 2 hour wait. This past summer, we were blessed to be able to go to Disneyland for the 60th Anniversary. SO grateful....and the line was much shorter this time! :hourglass

New Year's Day 1998- DL Indiana Jones ride- I think about an hour and a half and so worth it!

25 minutes is the longest we've ever waited for any attraction. If the wait time is longer than 25 we don't get in line (except last trip at the very end of the night, 7DMT was 40 but we knew it would be shorter so we lined up anyway - ended up being 20).

Without FP, I think maybe 45, and that was for the Nemo subs in Disneyland. They had just opened, and we knew we it would be a long time before we'd be back. I think it was the same amount of time for the coaster there on Paradise Pier; these were before my husband got sick.
Currently, the longest attraction we waited for has been 1.5 hours for Wishes in the FP+ area last night, then gave up. We got there before the MSEP and watched it from there (no issues), then watched Celebrate the Magic (no issues). They announce the 5 minute warning, no issues. Then when starting, the sound was on 100+ with massive feedback. Lights back on, and you can hear pops like people plugging in speakers while they're on. They tried again, same thing. By 10:35, my husband was too cold from standing & he can't sit on the ground, so we left. They finally went off at 10:50, as we were entering the Haunted Mansion.
We've also had a good 30+ minute wait in the FP and FP+ line for TSMM and 7DMT, and TOT.

Back when iwas a teenager, i waited 2 hours for Rock n Roller Coaster. It had just opened, the wait was an hour, i got on line with my older brother...and it broke down. But we were halfway through the line and had no plans to turn back! took another hour. When we got off, my parents were furious... they thought we had ridden the ride twice while we made them wait! if only!:lmao:

About 25 mins. We just won't wait any longer.....with the fastpass in the past and now fastpass + if you plan well there is no need to wait any longer. There' so much to do to have to wait and since we can only go about every three years I'm not wasting my time there standing in long lines.

Our longest waits were Indiana Jones and Radiator Springs in DLR last summer. The single rider lines were well over an hour on each. Our touring plans from TP were an epic fail. We know WDW much better, and never wait more than 30-40 minutes in standby. When you know a park well, it's easier to avoid the lines.

If you are impatient. NEVER fly in on Sat. afternoon. What I never understood is why they bother to have us list our flights and flight numbers and evidently don't take this into consideration when they schedule their drivers and buses. It was in the fall too, not Christmas or Spring Break.

6 hours. Anna and Elsa when they were still in epcot. In the rain. It was actually a pretty fun time just me and my 5 year old. Other than that we haven't waited more than 45 minutes for an attraction.

We won't get in a line with standby posted for more than 20 min. We've been enough times that nothing is worth that kind of waiting around for us.

We waited 80 minutes at KRR, the posted time was 30 minutes, but obviously there were problems. Nothing else over 30 minutes.

Nearly two hours for EE back in '06...and then there was an issue with the audio safety message when we were NEXT to get on the ride and they shut it down. :furious:

1 hour for Dwarfs Mine Coaster. It was not intentional. It was supposed to be 35 minutes and the lap bars on it kept failing so the ride continued to run empty off and on for about 20 minutes or so.

Back in '94 about 3 hrs for Splash Mtn (just had to go on it that trip). Thankfully not long after that went back to MK twice. More recently 40 minutes (highest amount of time we'll wait in line, if we didn't FP it and still can't then we try for it the last hour before closing)

Our longest line ever was when we waited 4 hours to meet Maleficent during the Villains Unleashed event in 2014.

90 minutes for Test Track the year it opened. The first couple of times we were at Epcot on that trip, TT was down. On our last afternoon, we had done everything else we wanted, and our daughters, who were 9, 12, and 14 at the time all wanted to do it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter