What's Left In the Studios?

There is so much left to do! When we were there in August we spent an extra day and 1/2 there. All the new Star Wars stuff is great (if you love SW like we do). Several new meet and greets; Olaf, Chewie and Kylo. We also spent time on our favorites like RnRC, ToT, TGMR, ST, and TSMWM. The SW fireworks are a wonderful show, we saw them twice.

We had plenty to do at DHS last Monday. I have a 7 year old daughter so we had to do all the Frozen things. Seeing Olaf was a highlight and we rode Star Tours twice.

Honestly I still prefer DHS over AK. AK is fun but it's half day park for me. Especially with Dinosaur down for rehab.

We had plenty to do at DHS last Monday. I have a 7 year old daughter so we had to do all the Frozen things. Seeing Olaf was a highlight and we rode Star Tours twice.

Honestly I still prefer DHS over AK. AK is fun but it's half day park for me. Especially with Dinosaur down for rehab.

I totally agree. We love the Finding Nemo show and the Lion King show, and my husband and son like Expedition Everest, but we had the least to do at Animal Kingdom.

When is the movie ride over? Also is this park able to do in a half day or do you still need a full day?

When is the movie ride over? Also is this park able to do in a half day or do you still need a full day?

It may take half a day to get through bag check. :rolleyes:
Definitely plan to be there a whole day. As many have already pointed out, there is still lots to do and see. :thumbsup2

When is the movie ride over?

Do you mean when are they closing The Great Movie Ride? There are only rumors right now, nothing official. For now, it is operating as usual, and I honestly can't imagine they will do anything to it until they get at least some of the new attractions operational in Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land, so it's likely safe for a while.

I miss the "citizens" that were let go. They were as much an attraction to our family as the rides.

Yup.

We ARE making a trip early next year, but we are making the trip 25% shorter than our last one, and spending less
at WDW while we are there.

THEY make cutbacks.
I make cutbacks.

Right. While a good deal of the park is now under construction they didn't really take away that many attractions to do it. Basically the Backlot Tour and Lights, Motors, Action were closed for this. The Streets of America was just a large area with no attractions other than the HISTK playground, which is also now gone. The rest was just some food venues and such. You still have:

Great Movie Ride
Frozen Sing Along
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Star Tours
Muppet Vision 3-D
Toy Story Midway Mania
One Man's Dream (though currently with a movie preview - Dr. Strange I think?)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Star Wars Launch Bay (replaced World of Animation)
Disney Jr. Live on Stage
Rock'n Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
Fantasmic!
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular

That's pretty decent theme park in my book. It's show-heavy, but it always was, and attraction quality is generally high. The construction walls might make it feel a little less grand in certain areas, but it's still a really good park.

Any word on when pizzarizzo is opening? I know they say fall but I was hoping it would be open when I go in November.

Any word on when pizzarizzo is opening? I know they say fall but I was hoping it would be open when I go in November.
It is still slated to open in "Fall"
The restrooms opened this past week (Gonzo's Royal Flush)
14656272_10210905750225546_1036816706439337238_n.jpg

14590417_10210905751465577_2664627336241385428_n.jpg

Here's progress n the restaurant itself
14517665_10210905752345599_4261482042377605596_n.jpg

14517577_10210905752865612_1981911137734231243_n.jpg

I miss the "citizens" that were let go. They were as much an attraction to our family as the rides.
I miss the ones that were let go or left on their own years ago. Francis Floot, Melvin Macheezmo, Ready Freddy, Bucky Greenhorn,, Honey Darling...they are currently auditioning for new members so at least we know that we will have CoH for one more year. And Jack and Page are still there

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter