What's Left In the Studios?

Off the top of my head (I can't get on the WDW site to check, but their attraction page will give you a full list)... Tower of Terror, Rock'n'Roller Coaster, Beauty and the Beast stage show, Fantasmic, Star Wars Launch Bay, Star Wars stage show, First Order March, meets with Donald, Daisy, Chewie, Kylo Ren, Mickey, Minnie, Olaf and more, Toy Story Midway Mania, Star Tours, Muppet 3D, Great Movie Ride, Jedi Training, Frozen Sing Along, Star Wars film (I've forgotten the name), Indiana Jones Stunt Show, Voyage of the Little Mermaid... and I think the Disney Junior stuff, but without littles or access to the Disney Channels, I've bypassed that as I don't know who any of the characters are.

There's a lot still to do. The construction is only on the back of the park in the streets of America/Backlot Tour/Lights motor action area

We spent 1 1/2 days there on our last trip. There is plenty to do and I don't have toddlers so we skipped Disney Jr and Muppets stuff. We didn't do Jedi training either. It's my DD's favorite park after MK. It may now be my DS's favorite park, topping out Epcot for him.

Not enough a long timer like myself. We hit the important things and then leave (Tower of Terror, Rock-N-Roller Coaster, Star Tours, Midway Mania, mayeb Muppets for nostalgia and swing through Launch Bay). Meet and greets, Disney Junior stuff, the Little Mermaid Show, Beauty And The Beast Show and Indiana Jones hold no interest for us. Plus the place just feels congested to us now. Though there is some great shopping there!

The "loss of attractions" at DHS has been overblown by negative hype.

The Osborne Lights are the biggest loss, and they were only during the holiday time.

Right. While a good deal of the park is now under construction they didn't really take away that many attractions to do it. Basically the Backlot Tour and Lights, Motors, Action were closed for this. The Streets of America was just a large area with no attractions other than the HISTK playground, which is also now gone. The rest was just some food venues and such. You still have:

Great Movie Ride
Frozen Sing Along
Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
Star Tours
Muppet Vision 3-D
Toy Story Midway Mania
One Man's Dream (though currently with a movie preview - Dr. Strange I think?)
Voyage of the Little Mermaid
Star Wars Launch Bay (replaced World of Animation)
Disney Jr. Live on Stage
Rock'n Roller Coaster
Tower of Terror
Beauty and the Beast Live on Stage
Fantasmic!
Star Wars Galactic Spectacular

That's pretty decent theme park in my book. It's show-heavy, but it always was, and attraction quality is generally high. The construction walls might make it feel a little less grand in certain areas, but it's still a really good park.

Last edited:
I know it feels bare, but honestly, attraction-wise- they are only missing the stunt show, backlot tour, and honey I shrunk the audience playground, and any shops/scenery in that vicinity. All of the other "standards" are still there and available. You can still easily get a day out of this park if you take advantage of what it offers. (but of course your opinion of these attractions matters of course, since a lot of it is pretty old now and there certainly isn't much new, other than some Star Wars shows/parades/fireworks). Obviously, this park will have a ton more to offer in 3-5 years, but that's the way it goes with Disney Parks.

Not an overwhelming loss of attractions,but it "feels" that way because of the huge loss of the DHS "footprint"(Streets of America,LMA and Backlot Tour covered a lot of ground).:)

With so much construction going on at the Studios, what's left to do?

Most of it, beyond others statements the following is what changed since 2014:

Closed:
- backstage tour
- lights action motor
- streets of america
- 1 quick service
- 1 gift shop
- the coke kiosk.
- 1 character meet and greet.
- that 3d pirates thing that wasn't very popular anyway (and small).

About to reopen:
- pizzarizzo replacing the old pizza planet.

changed:
- the animation building is now star wars something or other.
- frozen stage show is now a star wars stage show
- the shops with all forzen merch is now all star wars merch.

new:
- the star wars fireworks show.

There is really very little that changed but a lot of land was walled off in the back so it feels tiny.. It's the park for star wars or action lovers. The major rides are still there (but rnr getting a short refurb soon). still a lot of kids stuff, lots of pixar, the other stage shows.

I'm surprised people consider DHS to be the weak park, atm. For me I think DAK is far weaker. Not a whole lot closed but they're still running the same attractions they had when I was last down there a near decade ago with no new additions (except for the night show).

The addition of all the Star Wars stuff (even without Star Wars land) makes up for a lot of the construction and missing elements at DHS right now. TSMM and the new Star Tours will be new for me so that is an added bonus.

I'm surprised people consider DHS to be the weak park, atm. For me I think DAK is far weaker. Not a whole lot closed but they're still running the same attractions they had when I was last down there a near decade ago with no new additions (except for the night show).

I agree with this. We love DHS. Our kids favorite park and they will be sad the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is no longer there. It was a must stop every time!

Where does Olaf meet and greet?

I had more fun at DHS in September than any other park. The rides were great and the lines were practically nothing. I rode RnR several times throughout the single rider line and ToT probably 6 times in a row with little wait. It was so much fun!

That was a troll response, right?

No, I meant it. How is that anything more than a rhetorical question, unless every headliner at DHS has suddenly been closed and torn down? It's the same as asking if anything's left to do at AK while Pandora's being built, or if MK was still open while New Fantasyland was being built. Just silly.

I agree with this. We love DHS. Our kids favorite park and they will be sad the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground is no longer there. It was a must stop every time!

Where does Olaf meet and greet?
If you are at Backlot/jedi training and head toward frozen sing along, the Olaf meet and greet will be on your left. He is indoors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter