dirt cheap.

1/2 bag dried beans: .50
2 cans chili beans: 1.00
tomato sauce: .20
diced tomatoes: .50

1/4 bag fritos : .25
1/4 block of cheese for me and boys: .50

Total: 2.95.

There will be leftovers for tomorrow as well. Very filling, full of protein. I can't wait for DH to get home.. I've been smelling it cook all day!

Tonight we're having steak fajitas made from the leftover sirloin steak we grilled Sunday night.

Steak - $2.00
Tortillas - .25
Onion - .50
Bell pepper - .25
Cheese - .50
Salsa & Sour Cream - .50
So a total of $4.00 for the two of us for a delicious fajita dinner. :thumbsup2

tonight we had left over steak and potatoes from the grill yesterday, and to top it off we fried up the rest of our morel mushrooms. :woohoo:

Tonight DH went to the Giant and picked up an 8 pc fried chicken for $6.49. I made a pouch of instant potatoes, and we had leftover green bean salad. I have three pieces of chicken leftover. Not bad for 4 people!

We had tuna melts and I tried my hand at baked potato soup.....holey shmoley!! We can have leftovers for a year on the recipe I used:rotfl2: ...inexpensive too!! My girls loved it!!

Taco Salad - Lettuce, ground beef, tomatoes, onions, scallions, home made guacamole, tortillas, sour cream, cheese....

Lots of leftover meat - which I will make into sloppy joes another night when we have baseball practice....

Not sure what the costs are but, pretty cheap. :thumbsup2

Happy Wednesday everyone!

Tonight we're having chicken and rice casserole, lima beans, and squash casserole. (Just in the mood I guess.)

I couldn't believe the cost of tortillas today! It was $2.50 for 12! :eek: Geesh!! That's as much or more than a loaf of bread! So I got some corn masa flour to make the tortillas. It was cost the same ($2.50 for a 4.4 lb. bag) amount for the flour. That's a lot of tortillas! I need to get some bulk rice and pasta.

DH has extended family in town this week, so we are having everyone over for a BBQ for dinner tonight.

I am being sent to the store with instructions to find a large hunk'o'beef to put on the grill. I am sure the cost will make me :scared1: and :faint: but oh well.

I am also making mashed potatoes and Au Jus gravy (didn't end up making it last night) and will pick up some rolls at the store, and my MIL is bringing a salad.

Not very budget :confused3 , but sure to be yummy!

tonight is upside down night

french toast, eggs bacon, sausage and strawberries.

Free bread so the rest cost less than $5:cool1:

Tonight is pasta with pesto sauce (a.k.a. in this house as "green spaghetti"). I'll make a salad on the side. Cheap eats for the four of us!

I have no idea:rolleyes1 Both boys have baseball games so we will be at the park from 5-8 tonight. They get free hot dogs and cokes, but its not dinner we may grab something on the way home.

Pbj's,chips and milk. About 1.50 for dd and myself! Lazy and this was cheap and quick!

Pretty easy...

1 cresent role
4 eggs
1 package of shredded montery jack cheese
1 package of smoke lil sausages
1 pepper

Baked Potatoes and fresh green beans

We topped our potatoes with butter, sour cream and/or cheese.. according to person's tastes.

The green beans were blanched, then sauted with olive oil, garlic and walnuts.

I was going to serve dinner rolls with it, but I forgot to pull some frozen dough out of the freezer. :)

probably it cost around $3-4 for this dinner.

Tonight was Mandarin Chicken Asian Wraps...very inexpensive and surprisingly enough a HUGE hit with the kids! It was super fast and easy which is perfect since we had a baseball game tonight! :)

tonight is upside down night

french toast, eggs bacon, sausage and strawberries.

Free bread so the rest cost less than $5:cool1:

didn't end up with that....fried chicken from the store deli....2 and 1/2 hours at the dr. and a hand splint later I couldn't/didn't want to cook.

recipe please!!

I make these wraps typically with leftover chicken breasts we've grilled and they are SOOOOO yummy! I also don't ever really follow recipes to a T because I have 5 in my family and my 3 kids eat quite a bit.

MY version of the recipe
2-3 grilled chicken breasts
2 cups shredded lettuce
1 sm-med jar of mandarin oranges (depending on how many you'd like)
1 avocado
1/4 cup diced scallions or red onion (whatever I have on hand)
1 small container of LaChoy Rice Noodles (the little crunchy ones)
tortilla wraps (I use an 8 pack)
Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing
Cilantro (if desired...my kids don't like it but DH and I do)

These can also be made on romaine or bibb lettuce as well and are just as good!

I just toss everything BUT the dressing and noodles in the bowl first. Then I just place whatever amount of meat mixture we want down the center of the wrap, drizzle some dressing and sprinkle noodles on top and wrap it up!

This fed all 5 of us (one wrap each tonight) DH, myself, DS13, DS8, DD6. There was NONE leftover so next time I think I'll make a little more so I can take it in my lunch the next day.

Whopper Jrs off of the value menu at Burger King ($1 Each), a bag of generic onion rings (really good), and a six pack of beer.

Was it budget? All but the beer.
Was it healthy? No way.
Did it hit the spot? Yup.
Are there any dishes to wash? Just one pan.

Note to self, MUST exercise tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter