What would you do?

What would you do?

• Stay at the CSR for five nights and then go to Marco?

• Stay at AKL for five nights and then go to Marco?

• Stay 3 nights at AKL, go to Marco, then go back to Disney and stay at CSR for three days?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! Kathy
Happy to hear Markie did a great job! and that Mark is feeling better...the next one should bring him to a better place!

Sorry to hear about the lap top; did ya'll try to reset it to the origianl date...you loose everything but you get your computer back! we have done it twice with this one :confused3:

What type of wonderful holiday plans await you and your family?!?
We are spending with family as always Danny's parents on Thursday and my house and my parents on Friday (as well as their house Thursday night! )...cannot wait to see Ashton...he wants to open ALL the gifts under the tree...he has declared them to be all his :rotfl2:
:santa:

Hello! Kathy
Happy to hear Markie did a great job! and that Mark is feeling better...the next one should bring him to a better place!

Sorry to hear about the lap top; did ya'll try to reset it to the origianl date...you loose everything but you get your computer back! we have done it twice with this one :confused3:

We are spending with family as always Danny's parents on Thursday and my house and my parents on Friday (as well as their house Thursday night! )...cannot wait to see Ashton...he wants to open ALL the gifts under the tree...he has declared them to be all his :rotfl2:

Nothing like a 3 year old. Oh, so has Sheri. :rotfl2:

Hello! Kathy

Thanks, Connie. I can't afford to lose everything on my computer, nor can Markie with all of his school stuff; mine is currently at Mark's work and his guy is working on it (we'll send Markie's next).

We are going to my inlaws on Thursday for snacks and presents with them and SIL/BIL; then they leave to go to his family, and we will stay and have dinner with MIL/FIL. On Friday, I have my mom, my two brothers and my niece and nephew at my house. I'm making ham, scalloped potatos, baked beans, green bean casserole, corn and have lots and lots of cookies for dessert. They are all trying to talk me into making a turkey--but that AIN'T happening; first, I don't like turkey, I've never made one and I want my HAM! :lmao:

Good for Ashton! Our dog has decided all of the gifts under the tree must be hers because she keeps going over there and sniffing. :rotfl:

Nothing like a 3 year old. Oh, so has Sheri. :rotfl2:

:lmao::rotfl2::lmao:

I did the turkey, mashed tatoes, stuffing, homemade rolls. Sheri made sweet potato casserole, german choc pie and Mike made pumkin pie. Don made pumpkin bars. That and relish tray on Sunday for family and friends.
Christmas day we get prime rib and baked potatoes. We love prime rib. I don't have to cook except put potatoes in the oven. We usually hit a movie in the afternoon. Sheri and family will be there. Sandi has to entertain her inlaws in Nashville. We get Thanksgiving and inlaws get Christmas. Sheri and Mike get New Years with them. Don and I will go see my mom on Saturday. Don went to see his parents yesterday. Dad is so not well. Not sure how long it will last for him. Or moma and her nerves dealing with him. Too sad.

I know you will so enjoy being with family and your boys. They make it so worthwhile. I'll tell you all about the grandkid thing when they are older. They have a lot of living to do yet.

Mark told me last night that when he went last week for his second shot they asked him again if he'd been in an accident, fallen, etc. He remembered that he started to feel a twinge in his neck about the second day we were at Marco Island and just assumed he slept funny. He now wonders if it perhaps happened while he was on a Disney ride. The only ones that could have possibly caused this would be Rock & Roll Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror or Mission. I asked him if it meant he would stop riding those rides and he said, "HE** no. I'm not going down until they take me down."

Merry Christmas to all my DIS friends here on this thread and thanks for all the advice.

Mark told me last night that when he went last week for his second shot they asked him again if he'd been in an accident, fallen, etc. He remembered that he started to feel a twinge in his neck about the second day we were at Marco Island and just assumed he slept funny. He now wonders if it perhaps happened while he was on a Disney ride. The only ones that could have possibly caused this would be Rock & Roll Roller Coaster, Tower of Terror or Mission. I asked him if it meant he would stop riding those rides and he said, "HE** no. I'm not going down until they take me down."

Merry Christmas to all my DIS friends here on this thread and thanks for all the advice.

Love it Kathy. Nothing keeps one away from Disney, does it?

Merry Christmas to you.

Did you get my card btw

Ginny

Kathy.. just stopping by to wish you and Mark a Merry Christmas!

Ok.. Time to get back to my cooking!

One last time cause I doubt I'm on much tomorrow but a very Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful husband and precious sons.

Much love to yiou Kathy

Ginny

Merry Christmas Kathy! I hope that have a wonderful holiday with your wonderful family. Hugs, Lisa

Thanks, Lisa.

Kathy.. just stopping by to wish you and Mark a Merry Christmas!

Ok.. Time to get back to my cooking!

Thanks, Tim. Hope the cooking went well.

One last time cause I doubt I'm on much tomorrow but a very Merry Christmas to you and your wonderful husband and precious sons.

Much love to yiou Kathy

Ginny

Thanks, Ginny...and the same to you.

I hope everyone had a great holiday with your loved ones. Here's a few pictures from our day:

Mark driving to his parents on Christmas Eve (notice the Mickey hat):

Picture002.jpg

Markie and Andy in the car (Markie acting goofy as usual):

Picture001.jpg

Andy with his Aunt Dona (Mark's sister):

Picture011.jpg

The boys with Mark's dad (who turned 80 last month):

Picture003.jpg

Continued in next post

Continued:

My middle brother (he joined me in the "50" group yesterday) and his daughter (my niece), Erin

Picture004.jpg

Andrew with his cousin, Erin

Picture005.jpg

Mark with our ears from 2008 (he had one too many adult beverages :rotfl:)

Picture010.jpg

The four of us:

Picture006.jpg

Kathy-
It looks like you all had a great Christmas. My Mom bought me the Santa Mickey ears! I was wearing them all last night! We had a Disney themed Christmas. We received over $150 in Disney gift cards and many Disney items too. Juliana got more princess 'stuff' than I could count. I think I should of bought some Disney stock before our families went bonkers on the Disney clothes, toys, gift cards, etc!!!!

Geez I think I need to update my PTR.. I'm just gonna copy and paste this! :rotfl:

Love it Kathy. Were you by chance in the Starbucks drive thru? My fav place. I keep refiiling my card so I don't think I'm actually spending money.

Looks like a fun day was had. As soon as I get my computer fixed I can do pictures again. I hope to get it done next week.

We had about 2 inches of snow. Enough to be pretty. I'm being an adult and going to my mothers tomorrow. Even tho I hung up on her today. Big stupid story as always with her. I'm just not a winner in her book.

Your boys are so good looking. My Andrew is up to 6'1" and now up to 150 pounds. He's not 16 yet so hopefully he will put on weight some day. Aust is still at 6 foot and down to 210. Still doing weights now that football is over.

Back to work on Monday. Only 9-5 tho. The doc is off and we get off at noon on Thursday. I'm going to try to make it. I may take Thursday off.

Have a great week. So glad to see the pics of your wonderful family.

Ginny

Kathy, I am late in wishing you a Merry Christmas, but things have been very hectic and I didn't have much time for the boards.

You have a beautiful family and it is so wonderful that you all had such a great time.
Thanks for posting the photos - your family portrait is wonderful and I LOVE the one of Markie having had a few adult beverages! :lmao:
Enjoy the weekend!

I voted for the three part option! Start with the new resort you have always wanted to try, then go to Marco and relax, then come back and finish the vacation off "at home". To me, that sounds totally perfect and the best of both worlds as far as the WDW portion(s) is concerned.

Kathy-
It looks like you all had a great Christmas. My Mom bought me the Santa Mickey ears! I was wearing them all last night! We had a Disney themed Christmas. We received over $150 in Disney gift cards and many Disney items too. Juliana got more princess 'stuff' than I could count. I think I should of bought some Disney stock before our families went bonkers on the Disney clothes, toys, gift cards, etc!!!!

Geez I think I need to update my PTR.. I'm just gonna copy and paste this! :rotfl:

Thanks, Tim. What great Disney gifts! :) I hope you are going to post pictures on your PTR of Juliana from Christmas.

Love it Kathy. Were you by chance in the Starbucks drive thru? My fav place. I keep refiiling my card so I don't think I'm actually spending money.

Looks like a fun day was had. As soon as I get my computer fixed I can do pictures again. I hope to get it done next week.

We had about 2 inches of snow. Enough to be pretty. I'm being an adult and going to my mothers tomorrow. Even tho I hung up on her today. Big stupid story as always with her. I'm just not a winner in her book.

Your boys are so good looking. My Andrew is up to 6'1" and now up to 150 pounds. He's not 16 yet so hopefully he will put on weight some day. Aust is still at 6 foot and down to 210. Still doing weights now that football is over.

Back to work on Monday. Only 9-5 tho. The doc is off and we get off at noon on Thursday. I'm going to try to make it. I may take Thursday off.

Have a great week. So glad to see the pics of your wonderful family.

Ginny

Yes, we were in the drive thru of Starbucks--my favorite place in the world (although oldest son, Andy, has decided that I drink too much coffee).

Thanks for the comments on the boys--they turned out pretty good. Andy is 5'11" and weighs about 180 I think; Markie is 5'10" and his weight is all over the place with wrestling--he's wrestling 133 for the season, but has gotten up to 160 over the summer.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your mom; my mom and I don't see eye to eye and she hurt me deeply with the way she treated my dad and I've never (and probably won't ever) forgive her; but I make an effort to be nice to her and she was well behave at Christmas.

We had 9 inches of snow today and I'm exhausted (as is Mark) from shoveling all day long. That and cleaning up after a sick dog; Cookie got into chocolate yesterday and had herself quite a good time until I caught her; she was sick last night and most of the morning/early aft. She's done nothing but sleep the rest of the day.

Kathy, I am late in wishing you a Merry Christmas, but things have been very hectic and I didn't have much time for the boards.

You have a beautiful family and it is so wonderful that you all had such a great time.
Thanks for posting the photos - your family portrait is wonderful and I LOVE the one of Markie having had a few adult beverages! :lmao:
Enjoy the weekend!

Thanks, Karin. I hope you and Tom and the rest of your family had a wonderful holiday.

I love the photo of "Markie" too...he cracks me up. He's enjoying being 21.

I voted for the three part option! Start with the new resort you have always wanted to try, then go to Marco and relax, then come back and finish the vacation off "at home". To me, that sounds totally perfect and the best of both worlds as far as the WDW portion(s) is concerned.

Thank you--that is what we will more likely do, but it won't be until 2011.

AKL for five nights. Great resort. My whole family loved it.

Thanks for your thoughts. We've decided to go with the split stay since it is just DH and I, but more 3than likely it won't happen until 2011.

Yes, we were in the drive thru of Starbucks--my favorite place in the world (although oldest son, Andy, has decided that I drink too much coffee).

Thanks for the comments on the boys--they turned out pretty good. Andy is 5'11" and weighs about 180 I think; Markie is 5'10" and his weight is all over the place with wrestling--he's wrestling 133 for the season, but has gotten up to 160 over the summer.

I'm sorry you are having problems with your mom; my mom and I don't see eye to eye and she hurt me deeply with the way she treated my dad and I've never (and probably won't ever) forgive her; but I make an effort to be nice to her and she was well behave at Christmas.

We had 9 inches of snow today and I'm exhausted (as is Mark) from shoveling all day long. That and cleaning up after a sick dog; Cookie got into chocolate yesterday and had herself quite a good time until I caught her; she was sick last night and most of the morning/early aft. She's done nothing but sleep the rest of the day.

That was funny when I saw the Starbucks. I so debated on getting that for you but I wasn't sure. I didn't know there were other people that were hooked like me. I drive thru one every day and then Tuesdays and Thursdays a drug rep brings us one. And I hit the grocery store for lunch and get another. I'm totally addicted and to top it off we buy the Sumatra beans and grind fresh every day for work. We have a psychologist that works upstairs and I do things for him to help him out so he brings me a pound of Sumatra about every 2 months. He's knows my weakness too.

Poor little Cookie. I hope she is feeling better today. Princes will do that once in a while and do we all pay for it when she does.

I'm glad we didn't get that much snow to shovel. Ours is about gone right now but it is still really cold here.

Yes I visited my Mom yesterday and it was not easy. I know I've talked about our relationship on my thread several times. I figured when I hung up on her Friday evening that was not the right thing to do. But boy can she push my buttons.

We then went and visited with Don's mom. His Dad is having quite a struggle. They said a few days ago they thought he had about 2 weeks. We all know it's just a guess. For his sake I hope it's not drawn out much longer. He's in such pain and it is so hard on Mom. He knows no one (because of the cancer in his brain) and in constant pain. 17 years working for neurosurgeons makes one believe in euthenasia for people same as pets. He doesn't deserve this at all.

Back to work tomorrow. At least the boss is gone and hopefully it won't be too bad. I hope to get all my end of year work done.

Have a great day. Stay warm

Ginny

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter