What would you do?

What would you do?

• Stay at the CSR for five nights and then go to Marco?

• Stay at AKL for five nights and then go to Marco?

• Stay 3 nights at AKL, go to Marco, then go back to Disney and stay at CSR for three days?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Kathy
I'm glad to hear that Mark and you were able to get some sleep, finally!
I hope he finds some relief from his pain soon. Mom goes for her epidural inj Wednesday and leaves on her cruise Sat. She has never done and inj so close to a trip before I hope it goes well... I hope you and Mark are able to relax and enjoy the upcoming weekend.
:wave2: Connie

Hi! Kathy
I'm glad to hear that Mark and you were able to get some sleep, finally!
I hope he finds some relief from his pain soon. Mom goes for her epidural inj Wednesday and leaves on her cruise Sat. She has never done and inj so close to a trip before I hope it goes well... I hope you and Mark are able to relax and enjoy the upcoming weekend.
:wave2: Connie

Connie, thanks for checking in. I hope your mom's injection goes well and that she has a great trip. Keep us posted.

Good afternoon, Ginny. :hug:

I don't know about you, but I always feel so much better once my house has been cleaned top to bottom; I did that yesterday because we'll be in Dubuque the next two Saturdays to watch Mark wrestle and next Sunday we have dinner plans with friends (can't really afford it, but we've not been out to eat since vacation and we're going to PF Changs with our friends); the following Sunday, the 20th, it'll be time to clean the house again for the holidays.

Don deserves a big hug from you. :)

You need to do like I do. I had Andy (our oldest) bring every single box up from the basement and then I went in them and took what I needed and had Markie (the youngest) take the boxes back downstairs. That way I don't miss anything I need.

We both got some sleep this weekend. No shakes in the improvement department as far as the pain, but they said it would take 3-5 days and Mark worked all weekend with his show and was on his feet going through showroom and probably a lot of head turning which is what starts the bad pain. Hopefully by tomorrow or Wednesday we'll see some improvement.

Someone told me I should use a KitchenAid for my cookies. My grandmother would be turning in her grave if I did that. She taught me the old fashioned way and that is the way I do it (it's just getting harder the older I get ;) ).

Have a great afternoon.

:love:

I am so that way about my house too. When we went to Nashville for Thanksgiving I just did a fast clean so I would not be afraid to come home to it. But this following week we had my daughter's dog Riley over and a stray schnauzer found it's way to our house. She was very sweet but dirty and hungry so Don bathed her, I fed her then she sat on my lap for an hour. Princess even liked her. Just as I was deciding we could do 2 dogs the owners came for her. It was a good thing. I don't need 2 dogs. So then I knew the house neede a major clean. I haven't been able to do floors since 85 when I broke my leg. It has a plate and screws and all of the cartlidge and bones in the ankle fused together so I don't have flexion. No pushing off to push the vacuum, a broom or grocery cart. So that sweet Don has been the floor man for many years. We had never had hardwood before and when he put it in I made sure he didn't mind to do it every week and he says he can manage. It's been 3 years now. I love them.

I wish we had a basement but I would never go down, like I would never go up to the attic either. STEPS!!! I almost asked Austin and Andrew to go up and dig the stuff out but Don said he knew where he put the stuff so I believed him. I did not complain one time.

Austin's friend Joel had a wrestling tourney this weekend too. He got first. It is his senior year so last time to get 1st in state. He has been 3, 2, 2 in his weight class.

I use a Kitchen Aid. You will see when you get my age it gets really hard. I even do my bread with it.

Sleep helps. I do hope the shot kicks in and he starts to feel better tho.

Don't work too hard. It is our girls weekend out on Friday. We are going to Kansas City and staying at the Intercontinental Hotel at the Plaza. We have massages scheduled for 7 and stopping at Cheesecake Fact for carry out and then to the hotel to watch movies all night. It is me, Sheri, our friend Cindy and her sis Katie. We will hit PF Changs on Sat.

We ate at a place called Pei Wei in Nashville. If you ever get the chance it is verry good. It is like a cheap PF Changs. You order at the counter and pay then they bring it to you. It was 48$ for the 6 of us and we had 6 meals and 2 soups and 1 appetizer plus 3 drinks.

Ginny, hope you are on your way to your weekend trip and that you have a marvelous time.

I had to take off next Friday (the 18th) as Mark is getting another shot; this one is going to be more for the "arthritis" while the other one is working on the inflamation. Mark is sleeping better and feels okay in the a.m.; but as the day wears on the pain gets worse so they want to try this. He wanted to get it done before the holidays so next Friday worked best as far as both he and I taking off of work.

Spoke to a wonderful person that works at the CSR that we've met during our many stays there; she is such a wonderful gal and just emailed us to wish us Happy Holidays. I love the CSR!

I've not been on since early Friday evening--my computer crashed and I'm using Andy's laptop for now.

Mark's pain is a little better today, however, he fell on the ice last night and has a huge cut on his elbow (the man is driving me crazy!). Went to Dubuque yesterday--Markie's team won one dual 29-12 and lost the other 24-21. They would have WON the second one if they had given Markie the pin that he so clearly had if you watch the tape -- he had the kids shoulders down for more than the required three seconds. Markie won both matches (11-9 and 14-4). He is out of shape and was gassing in the third period of both matches and you can ntell his ankle is not right--he can't push off of it...but he is a determined individual.

Off to PF Changs for lunch/dinner with old friends. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Just saw a posting of the CSR Christmas tree on the CSR thread -- it's beautiful.

I've not been on since early Friday evening--my computer crashed and I'm using Andy's laptop for now.

Mark's pain is a little better today, however, he fell on the ice last night and has a huge cut on his elbow (the man is driving me crazy!). Went to Dubuque yesterday--Markie's team won one dual 29-12 and lost the other 24-21. They would have WON the second one if they had given Markie the pin that he so clearly had if you watch the tape -- he had the kids shoulders down for more than the required three seconds. Markie won both matches (11-9 and 14-4). He is out of shape and was gassing in the third period of both matches and you can ntell his ankle is not right--he can't push off of it...but he is a determined individual.

Off to PF Changs for lunch/dinner with old friends. Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Just saw a posting of the CSR Christmas tree on the CSR thread -- it's beautiful.

Kathy, that is such a shame about your computer! Hope you can get it repaired soon.

I am glad to hear Mark's getting better - sorry about the fall! I HATE winter and the ice and snow and sleet - yuck!

Your Markie sounds like some pro! Being that good even when out of shape is great!

Have a fun lunch and enjoy the rest of your weekend. I am going to check out the CSR christmas tree photo now! :lmao:

I am so sorry Mark fell. That is not going to help him heal faster at all.

Good job Markie. I know you are so proud of him. That is a big accomplishment. And yes, sometimes refs have preset minds as to who is going to win the match and for some reason that is how it ends. So not right but I don't think it will ever change.

I had lettuce wraps at PF Changs. I always get them. Sheri had mushu pork so I had some of hers too. It was delish laying in bed and eating and watching a movie. Is that lazy or what?

Have a great day. Stay warm and dry.

Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear about Mark falling and your computer crashing. Nothing good about either one of those.

Congrats to Markie though! And, you were able to eat some good food so those are two good things!

Good morning Kathy. Hope you are having a good Wednesday morning. So far so good here. And yes the boss is even back. I know you are anxious for Mark to get his inj. on Friday. Hope all goes well.

Ginny

Well, hopefully I can be somewhat helpful here, since you have been helpful to me in the past. We just returned from a 7 night stay at AKL, and when we checked into the room I could have cried. The room size is (or appears to be) very comparable to the room we had at POFQ. That was a lot of extra money spent for such a similar room. Please understand we were very happy with our room at POFQ, for the money we felt it was a nice room. This room for double the price was such a disappointment.

The reason we chose to try AKL was because we visited one day to eat dinner at Boma and were lost in the ambience. We enjoyed sitting on the overstuffed couches in the lounge (which have since been replaced with leather coated cardbord couches that slope downward so you constantly feel like you are going to fall forward) Now, we didn't fork out the extra extra bucks for the savannah view, we went for the pool view. The view was fine, and, like anyone who sets foot on AKL property, we could view animals from any of the numerous public viewing areas around the resort. The Mara serves a very small selection of food.

While some gripe about the location in relation to other parks, I don't see the issue. The drive from AKL to MK is straight highway. 15 minutes. No big deal.

We booked our bounceback at CSR for October. We will be returning to AKL as visitors, but not as resort guests. The value isn't there IMO.

So...to answer your question, I would stick with CSR, or if you are heartstruck on AKL, do the split. I just don't think it is worth the extra money...

Kathy, that is such a shame about your computer! Hope you can get it repaired soon.

I am glad to hear Mark's getting better - sorry about the fall! I HATE winter and the ice and snow and sleet - yuck!

Your Markie sounds like some pro! Being that good even when out of shape is great!

Have a fun lunch and enjoy the rest of your weekend. I am going to check out the CSR christmas tree photo now! :lmao:

It's always something--computer still not fixed. Markie will wrestle no matter how bad the injury as long as he knows he has a shot to win and it won't hurt his team (which has always been his top priority).

I am so sorry Mark fell. That is not going to help him heal faster at all.

Good job Markie. I know you are so proud of him. That is a big accomplishment. And yes, sometimes refs have preset minds as to who is going to win the match and for some reason that is how it ends. So not right but I don't think it will ever change.

I had lettuce wraps at PF Changs. I always get them. Sheri had mushu pork so I had some of hers too. It was delish laying in bed and eating and watching a movie. Is that lazy or what?

Have a great day. Stay warm and dry.

Mark still has a big scrape on his elbow, but it's getting better.

We're off to Dubuque tomorrow to watch Markie wrestle again (and Mark is going to work one of the tables because most of the students have left for winter break).

I had the sweet and sour pork at PF Changs when we went last weekend and it was delicious; Mark had the honey chicken. Sorry...no pictures...I'm only allowed to do that at Disney. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Kathy,

I'm sorry to hear about Mark falling and your computer crashing. Nothing good about either one of those.

Congrats to Markie though! And, you were able to eat some good food so those are two good things!

Thanks, Lisa. Markie is a fighter to the end.

Good morning Kathy. Hope you are having a good Wednesday morning. So far so good here. And yes the boss is even back. I know you are anxious for Mark to get his inj. on Friday. Hope all goes well.

Ginny

Mark had his shot at 9 a.m. this morning and then I took him to breakfast again. I did all of our laundry and also made another batch of sugar cookies and got my nails/pedicure done--a productive day. We hope by Sunday or Monday he feels better. I think he'll get the third shot because everyone we've talked to has said that after the third shot they feel great.

Well, hopefully I can be somewhat helpful here, since you have been helpful to me in the past. We just returned from a 7 night stay at AKL, and when we checked into the room I could have cried. The room size is (or appears to be) very comparable to the room we had at POFQ. That was a lot of extra money spent for such a similar room. Please understand we were very happy with our room at POFQ, for the money we felt it was a nice room. This room for double the price was such a disappointment.

The reason we chose to try AKL was because we visited one day to eat dinner at Boma and were lost in the ambience. We enjoyed sitting on the overstuffed couches in the lounge (which have since been replaced with leather coated cardbord couches that slope downward so you constantly feel like you are going to fall forward) Now, we didn't fork out the extra extra bucks for the savannah view, we went for the pool view. The view was fine, and, like anyone who sets foot on AKL property, we could view animals from any of the numerous public viewing areas around the resort. The Mara serves a very small selection of food.

While some gripe about the location in relation to other parks, I don't see the issue. The drive from AKL to MK is straight highway. 15 minutes. No big deal.

We booked our bounceback at CSR for October. We will be returning to AKL as visitors, but not as resort guests. The value isn't there IMO.

So...to answer your question, I would stick with CSR, or if you are heartstruck on AKL, do the split. I just don't think it is worth the extra money...

Thanks for posting and your opinion...it is most helpful. I don't think we'll be doing a trip in 2010 (except maybe a short four day trip to meet up with MickeyNicki for the holidays), but will do a split stay for our next big trip. I think, instead, I'm going to go with my hubby to Vegas in August with our younger son (he turned 21 in May and has been dying to go to Vegas).

Hello! Kathy
have fun watching Markie at his match....hope Mark is doing better.
Vegas sounds fun!! :yay: we have not done that since 1993...gosh that is a long time ago!
hope ya'll have a great weekend!!!
:santa: Connie

Just checking in on you Kathy. Hope Mark is feeling better after his 2nd injection. How did Markie do this weekend? Is your weather cold? We are having a 45 degree heat wave before the snow hits. Hope your weekend was good.

Ginny

Hey Kathy,

I hope that this week is better than the last few you've had. Let us know how you and Mark are doing when you get a minute.

Hello! Kathy
have fun watching Markie at his match....hope Mark is doing better.
Vegas sounds fun!! :yay: we have not done that since 1993...gosh that is a long time ago!
hope ya'll have a great weekend!!!
:santa: Connie

Thanks, Connie. We had a good time in Dubuque and Markie took 2nd place (I'm confident he would have taken 1st as he was wrestling really well, but coach had him "forfeit" his last match so as to not risk him injuring his ankle more than it is -- they have a lot of important duals coming up in January and February that are more important than Markie taking 1st place at an Open (he pinned his three opponents that he did wrestle!).

Just checking in on you Kathy. Hope Mark is feeling better after his 2nd injection. How did Markie do this weekend? Is your weather cold? We are having a 45 degree heat wave before the snow hits. Hope your weekend was good.

Ginny

Mark feels a tad better, but he's still not there yet. He goes back to the doctor on January 8 and I think he will schedule that last shot and hopefully that will take care of it all. See above response to Connie to know how my boy did. We got four inches of snow last Friday night, another two inches last night and they are predicting snow tonight, tomorrow and sleet, freezing rain, snow for Wednesday night through Thursday and snow on Christmas Day. I hope it stops by Wednesday, the 30th, as Markie HAS to be back at school for practice on New Year's Eve at 10 a.m. (of course, my birthday is the 30th and he won't be here for it :sad2:).

Hey Kathy,

I hope that this week is better than the last few you've had. Let us know how you and Mark are doing when you get a minute.

Thanks, Lisa. Still waiting for my computer to be fixed and now Markie's has 500, yes I said 500, trojans on it. He opened an email, not his fault, from a good friend of ours through Facebook. Unfortuntaely, it was a virus that the friend didn't even send...someone sent it on his behalf using his name. Now we have to try to get his fixed. Luckily, my boss gave us his old laptop that Markie can use at school if we can't get his fixed before he goes back.

Mark is better, but still not great (see message above).

Thinking of you, Kathy and hoping everyone is doing better this week. :hug:

Thanks, Christine. I'm tired, but the holidays do that to me. And I had a dream about my dad the other night...haven't done that in awhile and I'm assuming it is because of the holidays.

I'm cracking myself up over here..... :lmao:

I read your update and I saw the Markie had 500 trojans :scared1:. I had to re-read it like 4 times to figure out you meant viruses on his computer! LOL I'm glad he did great at his meet! Sounds like Mark is slowly getting there. Maybe the last round of shots will be the key. :confused3

We've been trying to get ready for Christmas over here. Juliana is getting very excited. Ever night she asks if the next day is Christmas. Then when she gets up she goes over to the tree to see if there are any presents yet! LOL:goodvibes

I'm cracking myself up over here..... :lmao:

I read your update and I saw the Markie had 500 trojans :scared1:. I had to re-read it like 4 times to figure out you meant viruses on his computer! LOL I'm glad he did great at his meet! Sounds like Mark is slowly getting there. Maybe the last round of shots will be the key. :confused3

We've been trying to get ready for Christmas over here. Juliana is getting very excited. Ever night she asks if the next day is Christmas. Then when she gets up she goes over to the tree to see if there are any presents yet! LOL:goodvibes

Gee....I didn't even think of that when I typed it. :rotfl2: But, knowing where YOUR mind was, I'm sure he has THOSE as well.

Watching him wrestle on Saturday, I got very depressed. It dawned on me that this will be his LAST year of competitive wrestling and I am going to miss it so much. We have been doing this since he was 7 years old (he's 21 now) and it has been one of the biggest thrills (and sometimes tears when he'd lost that "big" match) of my life watching him do something that is in his blood!

I can't wait to hear about Juliana's Christmas. We don't have any little ones anymore and I miss their Christmas excitement.

Thank you for the update on your precious family Kathy. I laughed over the Trojans also but figured out pretty quickly what you meant. And yes on the other type also. He is 21 you know.

I know Markie hated having to forfeit even for the better of the next meet because wrestling and winning is in his blood. I can so relate to it being over soon. You will have to find some way to fill your time after this. I know your boys will be successes at whatever they choose. It is so in their blood.

My computer is still broken too. I have no idea when it will be fixed.

Have a merry Christmas if we don't get a chance to chat again.

Ginny

Thank you for the update on your precious family Kathy. I laughed over the Trojans also but figured out pretty quickly what you meant. And yes on the other type also. He is 21 you know.

I know Markie hated having to forfeit even for the better of the next meet because wrestling and winning is in his blood. I can so relate to it being over soon. You will have to find some way to fill your time after this. I know your boys will be successes at whatever they choose. It is so in their blood.

My computer is still broken too. I have no idea when it will be fixed.

Have a merry Christmas if we don't get a chance to chat again.

Ginny

Thanks for the kind words about my kids, Ginny. I hope you and all of your family have a very Merry Christmas as well. :hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter