What was your first resort?

My husband and I volunteered to get off an overbooked flight on the way home from our honeymoon. We used the airline credit to fly to Disney about 6 months later and stayed at PO French Quarter (our first Disney trip together!)

Contemporary in 86 or 87. I still remember it quite vividly to this day because my parents had a reservation at another hotel outside of Disney but they didn't like it. They ended up inquiring about rooms at the Contemporary and they had one available in one of the wings. It was such an incredible experience that they never ended up staying outside of the park ever again. Crazy to think how different things were back then because I'm pretty certain this is something that would never happen today.

Last edited:

Our first trip on-site was in June 2007 & we went to our hotel ASM but were told at check-in that they moved our reservation to POR. I was put off because I had done so much research about ASM resort & knew nothing about POR BUT we fell in LOVE!! We have always incorporated on-site stays ever since even though family lives an hour away! 💓

Last edited:

Caribbean Beach and back then they had parrots on the "island". Being from the cold Northeast and going there with palm trees and flowers and colored buildings felt like it was paradise! We were hooked. :butterfly:sunny:

All Star Sports waaaay back in the 90s as a kid. I wanna say 1995. Then didn't go back to Disney until I was an adult with two kids of my own. First stay as a grown up was AoA in the Cars room. My son was obsessed with the movie when we booked it, not as excitable when we got there. That's what we get for booking a year in advance. 🤷‍♀️

We stayed at All Star Sports it was the only All Star Resort and I think it had just opened it was 1995. We got married in the gazebo at the Yacht Club, but the All Stars was more in our budget then LOL. We never stayed at the All Star Sports again not sure why, but have stayed numerous times at Movies.

Pop Century was our first and have gone many times and loved it. Then we stayed at Caribbean Beach and would love to be hooked! However, we got CB at a bargain rate that's not possible these days. We can barely afford POP or any of the values as their rates are anything but value anymore!

Contemporary 1987 with the GF's parents. The first onsite myself was in 1999 at Dixie Landings. Been onsite ever since.

Contemporary 1987 with the GF's parents. The first onsite myself was in 1999 at Dixie Landings. Been onsite ever since.

Since you were at a resort on the monorail line in 1987, I know they were constructing the Grand Floridian then. Did you take any pictures of the construction? I can still remember that every time we were on the monorail that year there was a recording about this elegant new resort being constucted "on the shores of the 7 seas lagoon". My biggest regret is that I never took a picture of the GF being built that year. Does anyone have pictures?

All-Star Music for 2 nights on a “test” run, then on to POFQ. Then, first Deluxe at AKL on a steal of a deal deluxe and from then on it was deluxe’s only for us. (see signature..)

First trip I remember: Contemporary Bay Lake Tower with my parents & friend. My dad was active duty air force, and Shades of Green was under refurb at the time. The military put everyone up at BLT during that time.

First trip that I planned as an adult: Caribbean Beach Resort in Oct 2015. I believe it was the last year before they started to do the differences in dining plans based on resort level, so we got the DDP for free :) I remember changing to CBR and saving $800. Big win for new college grads :)

Since you were at a resort on the monorail line in 1987, I know they were constructing the Grand Floridian then. Did you take any pictures of the construction? I can still remember that every time we were on the monorail that year there was a recording about this elegant new resort being constucted "on the shores of the 7 seas lagoon". My biggest regret is that I never took a picture of the GF being built that year. Does anyone have pictures?

I don't think I did. I wish I had. I was in college and my priorities were different then. We did rent Raycers around the lake during that period and I remember thinking that the cost of staying on site was going to be cost prohibitive for me for many years.

I should have looked before responding. Look what I found in my scanned history from that year. One from monorail with cranes and one from Raycer.

When I was little, my family stayed at Fort Wilderness.
My first "adult" trip in college was Riverside Landing.
Then my first trip with my husband was Wilderness Lodge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter