What was your first resort?

Dixie Landings was my first when I was 2. Our first adult trip was CBR. Our first with our daughter was AKL.

Dolphin - we had a wonderful teacher rate - $200 a night !

Caribbean Beach Resort back in 1993. I haven't stayed there since. We usually like to try a different resort, based on our budget. We mostly stay in the values because that's what we can afford. I would sty at Caribbean Beach again if I had a bigger budget.

1992 - Dixie Landings!!!! POR is my absolute favorite place to stay. I'm not sure if the nostalgia factor has anything to do with it or if it's just because it is so gorgeous. :)

POFQ....in 1999 and it's still one of my favorites. Will be going back to POFQ 11/29, can't wait !

I'm just curious where everyone stayed for their first on-property trip. Have you stayed at that resort again? Is it one of your favorites?

The first time we stayed in the bubble was at Coronado. We haven't stayed there since, but we're going back in May and I'm so excited!
We stayed at Fort Wilderness for our first trip to WDW in 1974. We have been going every year since for our wedding anniversary ( 61 years last June ) We were Fla res. then last 30 years in Wa. State.

POP in 2010! It was fun, but we've never returned to that hotel. We've stayed somewhere different each time since then. After we try all resorts on my bucket list I'll return to my favorites :)

My first two nights at Disney were at Port Orleans French Quarter then we switched to Coronado Springs. Previously we had stayed off site at the old Nickelodeon hotel. But after a miserable recent experience at Sassalouga I don't think we'll go near any of the PO hotels.

Dixie Landings was my first when I was 2. Our first adult trip was CBR. Our first with our daughter was AKL.

I know you didn't mean to, but now I feel so old! That's like the person who came in to have her income tax done (I do income taxes). She was the first person I'd met doing taxes who was born after 9/11. That's as bad as at WDW, every character meal we attended on that first visit, at the FW Trailer Homes, no longer exists.

Caribbean Beach Resort in 1992 and then Wilderness Lodge in 1994. Never been back to CBR since

Fort Wilderness just after EPCOT opened. It is also where I stayed for my first adult vacation.

Boardwalk in 2000. I loved the location but DD at the time was 2 and completely freaked out by the clown setup in the pool. We have avoided it ever since. Went the DVC route at Beach Club Villas 8 years later since she loves EPCOT and it is so convenient to walk there.

My first stay on property was at the Polynesian back in January. Lake view DVC room in Moorea. It was an incredible experience. Room was great and the view was incredible. Got a 3rd floor room and were able to watch the fireworks from Magic Kingdom half the nights we were there. Along with the electric light show. Since it was so recent we obviously haven't been back yet. We will be though. The trip was so great we bought a resale DVC contract shortly after we got back. We bought at Bay Lake Tower though, because for longer trips we would really want a 1 bedroom. However the poly was great and I expect we will be back there at some point again.

First time on property was in a pup tent, Fort Wilderness in 1976.
First time in a building was Tree House Villas, 1989.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter