What was the strangest interaction you ever had with a character?

After I took a picture with Piglet I was about to walk away when all of a sudden I kinda bent down and KISSED his nose. I don't know why I did it. Piglet didn't know why I had done it. It was this awkward moment. Of me and the character just staring at each other and then I basically ran away. I was 21 at the time and it was just weird :headache:
Afterwards my mom goes, "...Did you...KISS that costume?"

Not Disney but Canadas Wonder Land My DH and I (boyfriend at the time) had our picture taken with a character mountey -like what youd find at disney Large soft head ect. He/she put their arm around each of us at the same time and then RUBBED BOTH OUR BUTTS! We still laugh about it today and it was 20 years ago!:)

Dale smacked me over the head....accidently of course!! I was laughing my head off but because it was Disney...everyone apologised over and over again.

This was more funny than strange, but quite exciting.

Last year we were walking through the castle, and I was carrying one of my twins who was 3 1/2 at the time. I kept feeling someone tap my shoulder. I figured it was just my DS because he kept saying over and over and over "Mickey, Mommy, Mickey". He kept on laughing too. I just kept saying over and over "Yes we will see Mickey. This kept going on for a few minutes. I just kept on walking the whole time.

Then I noticed people staring at me. Some were pointing at me too. I stopped walking and looked around. Guess who was behind me. It was Mickey!! Mickey was the one who had been tapping me on the shoulder. He had been following us. My DS said, "See Mommy I told you... It's Mickey". Mickey then gave my DS a high five and a thumbs up.

My DS says now... Remember Mommy when Mickey was following us.

Not really a strange interaction as much as a funny one. I decided to get autographs of the charcters and bought an autograph book and one of those oversized pens. First characters of the day were Chip and Dale. Chip signed fine and I moved onto Dale, as he went to sign the pen broke, without missing a beat Dale walked over to a cart in MK put the broken pen in a display cup and signed with a brand new pen and then gave me that pen! I went to pay for it and Dale stopped me and motioned for me not to pay.
It was real cool!
Disney Rocks!!!!:thumbsup2

This is not entirely a Disney character story but a few years ago when my oldest ds was 2 we went to WDW, bought the autograph book and the big pen with the Mickey Head on top. So after a few days of getting Disney characters' autographs we spent a day Universal Studios. My son wanted to have the characters there autograph his book too, so we used the same Mickey pen and autograph book. So we go to get Mr. Grinch's autograph and he took one look at the Mickey head pen and then wiped his butt with it. It was so funny. He was so into character. My ds had no idea why he was doing that.

In March of 2004, my DD8 was having her picture taken with Stitch at AK. As my DH goes to take the picture, Stitch sticks his finger up in his nose. My daughter doesn't see this or when whe walked away he "wiped" his finger on her back. It was so funny - my DD and I laughed and showed her what he had done on the digital camera. .

I don't know if it constitutes "strange" but my father tells me that when I was 3 he took me to WDW, and that he was trying to get me with Mickey to get a photograph. Being a single father it wasn't easy, so he set me behind where Mickey was standing, and ran back to get the shot. He says that he called out, "Hey Mickey, look behind you!" and Mickey turned and played with me for about a minute and a half, allowing my father to snap many wonderful photos (I have to try and get them from him).

The neat part of the story is that apparently, a month or so later my grandmother took me to the mall one weekend and they had a small Disney parade. I saw Mickey leading the parade and said to my grandmother something like "Look, it's Mickey. Do you think he'll remember me?"

Well, wouldn't you know, Mickey, by some stroke of chance or cooincidence, came right over to me, and patted me on my head and I went crazy with the "He remembered me!! He remembered me" for hours. Apparently it made my year, and I'm told that my undying love of Disney World stems from that moment. I can believe it :goodvibes

I was at Hong Kong Disneyland, trying to get an autograph collection started. But looking at the princesses in front of the castle, I thought about how boring it must get having pictures taken with people who dont speak English and neither know nor care who you're supposed to be. So when my turn came to meet Snow White, I introduced myself and as innocently as I could, asked her "Do they call you Snow White because you have dandruff?"
She started to laugh for moment at the sheer unexpectedness of it, and then regained her composure and began to tell me the origin of her name (which I already knew, but decided not to say anything).

I didn't about it again for while. Then, on the next day (or the same one? I forget) I got my picture taken with Aurora. As she was signing my autograph book, she asked me for my name (so she could sign it to "Prince So-And-So"). When I told her, she told me without missing a beat "Oh, Snow White told me about you! Don't worry, she doesn't have dandruff!"
This totally caught me off guard. I'm completely sure that the friend of Snow White wasn't also a friend Sleeping Beauty in this instance.

I was almost too embarrassed at this point to face another princess that day, but the Disney nut in me just had to get Cindy's autograph. I told myself that there was no way something like that was going to happen again. Sure enough, after I had my picture taken, she asked me if my name was So-And-So. Embarrassed, I told her it was. She then proceeded to remind me that Snow White washes her hair very thoroughly.

If nothing else, that totally made my trip. It was so cool how after I had given someone a funny and unexpected moment, I got two back. Gotta love that Disney magic!

I have 2-

When I was little (i'm guessing it was one of my first trips so maybe i was 2 or 3..) my family went to the Hoop dee doo revue- now i dont' remember any of this but my mom tells me this story all the time. I had my Minnie Mouse dress on and one of the girls from the show (I believe it was the Claire) came up to me and said "You have Minnie's dress on! What's she wearing?!" Supposedly everyone around laughed. I think it's one of my Mom's favorite Disney memories.

Second- this one is just a CM but was too funny for us to not tell- We were going on the Haunted Mansion in WDW. Now we had just found out that the stretching rooms at DL and WDW are different- one the floor goes down, one the ceiling goes up. My mom really wanted to figure out which one it was and so she kept staring at the ceiling and walls. Unknown to her, the CM working the room was moving towards her. He got right next to her ear and whispered "Find something interesting madaam?" She jumped sky high and let out a shriek. He then just moved away ominously... :) it was too funny and to this day we watch our backs when we're in the stretching room!

While in high school and college, I attended Disneyland frequently with my annual pass.

One afternoon ride in the Haunted Mansion is one I'll never forget...

While in my doom buggy with my friend, we cruised backwards through the hall of doors as is the process in that ride. Photos peered at us, doors knocked and breathed, and statues stared as usual. We passed by the knight in shining armor when, out of nowhere, he lunged at us -- reaching into our doom buggy and scaring the pants off of both of us!!! Not a fan of anything scary or any incident that causes me to jump, I screamed and yelled, flailing my arms around frantically at the poor actor, hitting him several times. Lucky for him he had is armor on...

Still, I was left wondering how it was possible -- I'd never had that experience at Disney before!

I later learned that the "live" knight in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion was only implemented for a few short months in the park's history. The poor knight actors were assaulted numerous times by unsuspecting riders who "freaked out" when approached by this out-of-place character-come-to-life. The live knight was soon eliminated from the Haunted Mansion ride.

While it scared me to the bone -- and I still have a hard time riding through that corridor in the ride with my eyes open -- I am extremely happy to have experienced one of Disney's very brief but impactful park experiences!

LOL! I guess that is why the character WAS A man in Armor, he needed all the protection!

While in high school and college, I attended Disneyland frequently with my annual pass.

While in my doom buggy with my friend, we cruised backwards through the hall of doors as is the process in that ride. Photos peered at us, doors knocked and breathed, and statues stared as usual. We passed by the knight in shining armor when, out of nowhere, he lunged at us -- reaching into our doom buggy and scaring the pants off of both of us!!! Not a fan of anything scary or any incident that causes me to jump, I screamed and yelled, flailing my arms around frantically at the poor actor, hitting him several times. Lucky for him he had is armor on...

Still, I was left wondering how it was possible -- I'd never had that experience at Disney before!

I later learned that the "live" knight in Disneyland's Haunted Mansion was only implemented for a few short months in the park's history. The poor knight actors were assaulted numerous times by unsuspecting riders who "freaked out" when approached by this out-of-place character-come-to-life. The live knight was soon eliminated from the Haunted Mansion ride.

While it scared me to the bone -- and I still have a hard time riding through that corridor in the ride with my eyes open -- I am extremely happy to have experienced one of Disney's very brief but impactful park experiences!

LOL! I guess that is why the character WAS A man in Armor, he needed all the protection!

Not exactly a character interaction but the first time I went to Disney I was 10 going on 11 I think for my birthday and I was scared of flying. So my parents decided to take Amtrak down to florida on a sleeper train. It was fun and our porter was a man from Yugoslavia and he started practically every sentence with "Only in America..."
Well when we were down there my mom bought me a black and white polka dot dress that had a sunflower on it and one of my birthday presents was a large stuffed animal of the dalmation Perdita from One Hundred & One Dalmations. On the day we were leaving we got back on the train and I was carrying Perdy and wearing my polka dot dress.
Guess who was our porter on the train again? And do you know what the first thing he said was? "Only in America could a girl dress like her pet pooch!"
Well, I just thought that was the funniest thing ever. It still makes me chuckle when I go in the attic and see Perdy sitting on the shelf.

Not exactly a character interaction but the first time I went to Disney I was 10 going on 11 I think for my birthday and I was scared of flying. So my parents decided to take Amtrak down to florida on a sleeper train. It was fun and our porter was a man from Yugoslavia and he started practically every sentence with "Only in America..."
Well when we were down there my mom bought me a black and white polka dot dress that had a sunflower on it and one of my birthday presents was a large stuffed animal of the dalmation Perdita from One Hundred & One Dalmations. On the day we were leaving we got back on the train and I was carrying Perdy and wearing my polka dot dress.
Guess who was our porter on the train again? And do you know what the first thing he said was? "Only in America could a girl dress like her pet pooch!"
Well, I just thought that was the funniest thing ever. It still makes me chuckle when I go in the attic and see Perdy sitting on the shelf.

ok THAT was cute!

I really think character interactions have changed drastically in the past few years, and not for the better, with less spontaneous interactions and too many "meet and greets." But we have several fond memories --
went with our two kids when they were little -- 1 and 4. At (then) MGM, they were doing the Toy Story parade, and Toy Story was my oldest son's favorite. During the parade, the red monkeys rolled right up to him and patted him on the head and the toy soldiers stopped in front of him and saluted. At Chef Mickey's on that same trip, Mickey came up and took my son's "blankie" and held it and sucked his thumb just like my son did.

And in another memorable trip a couple of years later, DH and the boys were walking around tomorrowland discussing if they should go on Space Mountain. The Mad Hatter came up, grabbed their arms, and said very seriously (and imagine the lisp), "Sthpath Mountain, Sthpath Fountain. You're going on the Teacupth!" and started to drag them off.

The Red Queen took my son's autograph book and walked off with it -- it took us several minutes and quite a bit of groveling to get it back.

Erin

PS LOVED the story about Minnie giving you the finger...:rotfl2:

Last month, while at WDW, I was determined to find Mike and Sully for a picture. I had decided that I wanted to stand in front of Mike for the pic - as in Monsters Inc., every time he has his picture taken something is covering up the front of him.

So, that was my plan... but things didn't go to plan. I walk up and Mike makes a big deal of looking me up and down... and then he proceeds to move in front of me. He stole my idea! He stood in front of me to block me out of the picture. I was never able to move in front of him - he wouldn't let me.

CIMG3533.jpg

I really think character interactions have changed drastically in the past few years, and not for the better, with less spontaneous interactions and too many "meet and greets."

It's safer this way though, and easier for people to meet their favorite characters.

But I don't think character interaction has gone down just because they have set spots. I've had plenty of memorable ones myself in set spots.

I love this thread and I have had several memorable moments with the characters over the past few years. Here are some of my favs:

Stitch took off DS's hat and threw it down, then grabbed the autograph book and threw it as well. Lilo was so upset, but you know how Stitch can be! :stitch: They were both so in character!

Next was with Hook and Captain Smee. DS was really into pirates at the time and had on a gold coin pirate necklace. Hook made a big deal over this and really wanted DS to give it to him. Then he kept hitting DH (not hard) once he saw there was a Peter Pan pin on his lanyard. Smee just kept making googly eyes at me and trying to put his arm around me.:rotfl:

Then there was Chef Mickeys where Goofy kept stealing DS's food and sticking it in his pocket. DS was actually kind of annoyed, but we thought it was hilarious.

Oh and when we saw Pluto, DS asked we he kept making those phht (fart) sounds when they aren't supposed to talk. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter