What Time Do You Eat Dinner?

Growing up we ate around 6, but I eat much later now. I usually work until 6 or 7, and go to the gym immediately from work. At the gym for about 90 minutes, shower, then cook dinner. So I'm easily looking at 8-8:30. I don't like eating that late, but I digest too slowly to work out after dinner. I'm NOT a morning person so early work out doesn't work either. Overall it works well enough for me, but I live alone so I don't worry about anyone else's schedule.

I grew up eating around 7 and watching Jeopardy as we ate, so that's kind of carried over. We usually eat around 7/7:30.

Between 9 and 9:30. I get home from work at 6:15, run for an hour or so, go food shopping and cook for DH.

Growing up Supper was always at 5 when dad and I got home from work (he was a teacher at my school so we went together). I now work in a very seasonal business so in winter dinner is at 6 or so when I get home but in the spring it might not be till 7:30 when I get home.

T

Like several others, growing up we ate shortly after 5pm...as soon as my dad walked in the door.
Later in life, when our kids were still at home, it changed through the years. When they were little, and throughout the grade school years we ate at 5:30. When they were teenagers with lots of school activities it varied between 6:00 and 7:00.

Now that we're empty nesters it's usually between 7:00 and 8:00 because I go to my fitness center late afternoon and by the time I get home and prepare dinner it's always at least 7:00.

Between 9 and 9:30. I get home from work at 6:15, run for an hour or so, go food shopping and cook for DH.

I probably ate around 5-5:30 before moving to NYC....now, 7 or 8! I teach religion at my local church and one of my kids (she's home-schooled) eats at 10-10:30!

We usually eat around 6:30 but I seem to miss dinner at least two or three nights a week. I think it all comes down to your work day/sleep cycle.

We eat late if DH and I eat together. I work retail and generally work the closing shift all but 2-3 days a month. That gets me home between 8:30-9:15. DH works from 3-9 ish and gets home later than me most nights. We eat around 9:30 when he gets home, if were lucky. A lot of the time we just eat something quick when we get home.

Like a lot of you I ate at 5-5:30 growing up - when my dad got home. When I got married my DH (at the time) liked to eat late. He got home at about 6 and liked to "chill" (ie nap) for a while so we ate at 7. So we still eat at 7. Now I'm working and I don't get home until almost 6, so it gives me a few minutes to relax before I start dinner.

Here we call it supper and similarly eat as a family at 5.30pm, unless I am working late. In those cases I eat alone when I get home as we have always thought it right to have children eat at the family table :goodvibes

I usually feed the kids around 5 pm. During the week, I spend that time at my mom's house and feed my younger siblings too. Then, I have dinner after we get home, around 7:30-8:00 pm. DH rarely eats dinner at home unless it's just a bowl of cereal or a couple of yogurts. He works all different shifts, but usually he's not home before 8:30 pm and sometimes not until 2 am.

On the weekend, we all eat together between 5 and 6 pm, depending on when I finish cooking.

I eat supper around 4:00pm. If I have a class that night during my dinner time I will eat at 2:00pm.

We used to eat on the later side (between 7 and 8). Then our son was diagnosed with Type1 Diabetes and all of that changed. He was on shots for many years so regularly scheduled meals were important - around 6 p.m. weekdays, 5:30 weekends. Now that he is on a pump, we have kept the 6 p.m. dinner time. It is the one time of day we all sit down together. DH and I make a point of being home from work, even if it means more work later in the evening.

I must say this schedule has served us well when visiting WDW and DL. We had no issues getting 5:15 or 5:30 dinner reservations. The restaurants are relatively empty when we arrive, so no wait and, when we are done and ready to head back to the parks, many people are just sitting down to dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter