What Time Do You Eat Dinner?

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
I come from a middle class, suburban family in NJ. We always ate dinner at 5:30 as a family. This is totally programmed into my daily life. I find more and more of my friends eat dinner at 7 or 8 at night, and I just can't wrap my head around that. What time do you eat dinner?

4:30-5 usually sometimes 5:30 but always before 6. My kids would flip without food for that long.

We have various times depending on day of week and vacation.

M-F.... usually between 945pm-1030pm depending on DH's arrival from work
S/Su...between 7pm-9pm...depending on errands

Vacation...usually early like 5ish or past 7/8pm, on our first cruise...6pm

Visiting family...typically between 6-8pm range

Usually around 5:00 when I get home from work. When we are on vacation though its more like 7:30.

We also eat between 5:30 and 6:30. When I was a kid we almost always having dinner by 6. Sometimes we end up eating after 7, but I don't like it that way! Anything past 8 is waaaaay too late for me to even consider eating.

On the nights we eat together, DH would like to eat by 5:30 or so (since he has lunch at 11:30am), but we wait for our son to get home from work around 6:15.
But because of all of our schedules- we only get to eat together about 3 times a week, 4 if we are lucky.
About twice a week, I end up eating in my car on my commute home. Some of those days I have a 2.5 hr drive- so I might as well get dinner out of the way while I drive. It's too late for dinner when I get home (7:30 or 8:00).

Growing up- we ate at 6pm sharp every night.

Between 6:00p and 6:30p usually. When I worked full time, I wasn't even home from work until nearly 6pm. I had a minimum drive of an hour to get home from work and that's if the traffic cooperated.

I tried making dinner earlier now that I'm home earlier but the kids hated it. They said they weren't hungry at 5:30pm.

My husband doesn't eat dinner with us. He normally gets home around 8pm. I always put a plate in the fridge for him and he heats it up when he gets home.

Growing up in MN, dinner was at 5:30p. Dad would walk in the door from work then, Mom would hand him his cup of coffee and we'd sit down for dinner.

We usually eat between 7 and 8 unless I am home from work earlier. On weekends closer to 6.

We always ate at 5:30 too. My dad got home from work at 5 and we ate at 5:30pm. Now, I work second shift, so I eat breakfast around 11am, lunch about 4pm and dinner 9-ish. Lunch is my bigger meal.

Growing up in the south, we ate "dinner" around noon. Supper was whenever the food was ready.

We usually eat around 6, but if DH is working from home it will be earlier, like 5 or 5:30. The kids definitely like earlier dinners...

I aim for 6, but since DH works 3rd shift it depend when he gets up. Often is is close to 7, that is too late for me during the school year.

For us is 5:30 - 6 p.m. After DH gets home from work. Too much later than that and we have issues with kids needing snacks and then not eating dinner. And bed time is 8 p.m. so we would also run into bedtime issues.

I get home from work at 5:30.
I have dinner ready for the two of us by 6:00. Sometimes we are done eating by 6:00!

I was a little concerned about have late dining on the cruise. Eating the big meal that late (8:30 by the time we got food) just didn't seem right for good health and digestion. But I survived.

We eat "supper" at five. I leave for work at 6:00am and each lunch around 11:00. I'm generally starving at 5:00 when I get home.

Try to eat by 7 does not always happen. I just ate this evening about an hour and a half ago, so 11pm.
If I am working on stuff I forget to eat. When I finish then I realize I'm starved.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter