What sounds do you commonly hear coming from outside your home?

Was this question for during a full moon or other times?

During a full moon, like everyone else, we hear such frightening things outside the house and cower together in our bedroom with our cloves of garlic scared to look out the windows and of course don’t open the door no matter what.

When no full moon it is absolutely quiet.

Working from home I hear a lot more now than I did in the office.
Lawnmowers and weed wackers. I think we're one of the few houses on our street that does their own lawn.
Vehicles- UPS, Amazon, USPS, FedEx, some personal vehciles, but they're quieter.... I'm like "Squirrel" when I hear one entering our court.

Children playing basketball. Dogs barking. The people "I buy old steel, I pay in cash"'s recording from their van (it's a mantra) :/

At the back of our neighborhood, there is a ranch/farm. At night, we sometimes hear the cows mooing frantically. That's because they just heard the coyotes howling....nearby.

Daytime: birds, insects, my chickens, occasional lawn mower from the neighbors

Nighttime: frogs, insects, coyotes, owls, foxes, and fisher cats

my 21 yr old neighbor revving the engine in his car to put on his Tik Tok. He does it everyday for the last two years. I don't understand why he ust doesn't use the same video. No one is gonna know. LOL

Have you ever heard a fox scream? We are surrounded by woods and at night we can hear the foxes scream. The first time we heard it we thought someone we being killed.

We have heard that! It does sound like someone screaming!

We have also heard a bobcat. And packs of coyotes, sometimes in front of and behind our house at the same time. Makes the hair stand up on your neck!

During the day we hear a few cars, cows and once in a while neighbors doing yard work but it’s not loud because we aren’t close.

Coyotes - I hate that sound
Trains - we live by railroad tracks
The girls next door jumping on their trampoline

Ambulances. The fire station is actually 2 blocks away, but if they have to take the ambulance onto the highway to respond to an accident they cut down our street, as it is the most direct pathway between the station and the Interstate highway on-ramp. (The Interstate is 8 blocks away, but the connecting streets nearer the station are one-way in the wrong direction.)

House sparrows build nests behind our shutters and can hear them tweeting loudly starting around 6am. And there is a grate in road in back alley and can hear cars drive over. Roads haven't been finished (paved top layer) so the grate sticks up and cars make clunky rattle when driving over. Also live near quarry and at noon many days you hear a boom and the house vibrates. It's a quick vibration/boom but first several months living here I was going nuts trying to sus out what it was.

Last edited:
Often a train - there is a CSX track that runs through the Kennesaw Mountain National Park that is right behind my house. Also kids playing.

Mostly just birds, squirrels and near neighbors lawn tractors, leaf blowing (in summer), occasional car going by. Live outside city in a watershed suburb with min. 1-3 acres so pretty quiet. People very considerate about dog barking (continual dog barking really sets my teeth on edge for some reason, so thankful for considerations)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter