• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What rides are typically open during MM at Disneyland???

First off - How exciting for the family!!! Your kids are the perfect ages for enjoying the park and the Disney magic.

I agree with hitting Fantasyland during MM. If you are literally at the rope drop (think, very first in line), you can stay ahead of the crowd and ride EVERYTHING in that first hour, then head over to Space, errr Hyperspace Mountain and pick up Fast Passes. I have never done Jedi Training with my kids, but knowing how quickly the lines form in Fantasyland, I feel that if you go to Jedi Training first, you may not be able to avoid long lines for PP, and consequently everything else. My experience at PP - after 5 min, the wait is already about 20 min. IMHO, after 35min, Fantasyland feels nearly full. Do others disagree?

So, if you go to Jedi Training first, I would then hit Dumbo, Alice and then get in line for PP while someone takes tickets to get FPs for Hyperspace Mountain. You will encounter lines, but PP is the highest in demand, so try and stay ahead of it. One year we skipped PP and rode everything else - then got in line for PP for an hour... but we were also a tad late.

My family and I are rope droppers on multi-days. One day our order is PP, Mr. Toads, Dumbo, and then Tea Cups - then head over to Adventureland for Jungle Cruise, FP for Indiana, Pirates and then HM (not a fan of Alice). Another day it's run to HyperSpace Mountain, Nemo, Matterhorn, and Buzz Lightyear - then head over to Adventureland. No joke, we usually ride everything we want in 2 hours, and then just rely on FPs for everything else the rest of the day and enjoy ourselves without rushing around. Few people are willing, or able, to get in line 45 min beforehand, so to each there own.

It's a shame that more can't be done to reduce the lines in Fantasyland. But, I know I would never want to skip them :-)

First off - How exciting for the family!!! Your kids are the perfect ages for enjoying the park and the Disney magic.

I agree with hitting Fantasyland during MM. If you are literally at the rope drop (think, very first in line), you can stay ahead of the crowd and ride EVERYTHING in that first hour, then head over to Space, errr Hyperspace Mountain and pick up Fast Passes. I have never done Jedi Training with my kids, but knowing how quickly the lines form in Fantasyland, I feel that if you go to Jedi Training first, you may not be able to avoid long lines for PP, and consequently everything else. My experience at PP - after 5 min, the wait is already about 20 min. IMHO, after 35min, Fantasyland feels nearly full. Do others disagree?

So, if you go to Jedi Training first, I would then hit Dumbo, Alice and then get in line for PP while someone takes tickets to get FPs for Hyperspace Mountain. You will encounter lines, but PP is the highest in demand, so try and stay ahead of it. One year we skipped PP and rode everything else - then got in line for PP for an hour... but we were also a tad late.

My family and I are rope droppers on multi-days. One day our order is PP, Mr. Toads, Dumbo, and then Tea Cups - then head over to Adventureland for Jungle Cruise, FP for Indiana, Pirates and then HM (not a fan of Alice). Another day it's run to HyperSpace Mountain, Nemo, Matterhorn, and Buzz Lightyear - then head over to Adventureland. No joke, we usually ride everything we want in 2 hours, and then just rely on FPs for everything else the rest of the day and enjoy ourselves without rushing around. Few people are willing, or able, to get in line 45 min beforehand, so to each there own.

It's a shame that more can't be done to reduce the lines in Fantasyland. But, I know I would never want to skip them :-)

I read somewhere you cannot get fast passes during MM, is that true?

......and that is the other advantage of MM.... while general admission is walking to Tomorrowland, you can already be there waiting for the tomorrowland FP to open, then grab a bite to eat, ride the matterhorn, then FP your day away, 20-30 mins ahead of general admisson . That is why early is important, to have the opportunity to collect more passes

I read somewhere you cannot get fast passes during MM, is that true?
Yes, after you have taken advantage of Fantasyland that first hour, immediately grab FPs closest to you - in this case you wanted Hyperspace Mountain. Another option is Indiana Jones.

if you can have everyone at the gate 45 mins before opening, then PP is doable. grand parents will be your golden ticket. One will have to watch 2 year old in the stroller. You can be at the rope, do the fast walk, run, whatever the folks around you are doing. and you will gain traction in line because you don't have to park the stroller. here are the unknowns. PP is the last ride to be ready because of inspection and trial runs. second, the chain area is very seldom open, so folks bunch up and line down to the castle, which is where you will encoutnering cutting from the stroller parkers. third, it may not open, and that is the risk you are taking with the jedi, because all the kids who were doing MM thursday, are now over signing up for jedi. So you have to know how long you will wait for an unopend PP before heading kids over jedi traiing. What is most important, child with jedi for a long duration or short ride on pp

Sorry to be so dense right now, but does this mean you can register for Jedi Training during EMH? I'll be staying on site and it's top of the list for my kids to do. And we will be there during the dreaded Spring Break time period, so the early morning hours will be a HUGE asset to us. Thanks!

Sorry to be so dense right now, but does this mean you can register for Jedi Training during EMH? I'll be staying on site and it's top of the list for my kids to do. And we will be there during the dreaded Spring Break time period, so the early morning hours will be a HUGE asset to us. Thanks!

I believe we did sign up DD during EMH, but it's all kind of a blur now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter