What rides are typically open during MM at Disneyland???

Most of tomorrowland and fantasyland. Main st too. Nothing else.

Some attractions in fantasyland open later though like storyland boats and Casey jr.

Note, here is a list, but understand that every ride must pass a morning test before they can operate to the public, so no guarantees all attractions will be open when you visit. Also, the FastPass machines are turned off until official park opening.

Alice in Wonderland
Astro Orbitor
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Disneyland Monorail
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Hyperspace Mountain
King Arthur Carrousel
Mad Tea Party
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue

Note, here is a list, but understand that every ride must pass a morning test before they can operate to the public, so no guarantees all attractions will be open when you visit. Also, the FastPass machines are turned off until official park opening.

Alice in Wonderland
Astro Orbitor
Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters
Disneyland Monorail
Dumbo the Flying Elephant
Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage
Hyperspace Mountain
King Arthur Carrousel
Mad Tea Party
Matterhorn Bobsleds
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Peter Pan's Flight
Pinocchio's Daring Journey
Sleeping Beauty Castle Walkthrough
Snow White's Scary Adventures
Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Thank you so much for the list! Do you have a ride order strategy that would help me? We may not have a MM because we got out tickets through the Disney Performing Arts program our son's Jr. High band is a part of Feb. 2nd-4th. We are thinking of going to Disneyland on Friday with our 5 kids (ages 2,5, 7, 9 &11) when there is no MM & want to try to ride first thing PP, Dumbo, then Alice & then maybe divide up to take my older 3 kids ages 7,9 & 11 to sign up for Jedi Training Academy for the latest time slot(4:35pm). Could we go even later to sign up since it might not be that busy or not risk it? Any thoughts & advice you could give would be great! My kids want to ride everything! We will probably not be coming back for several years because a family of 8 is quite $$$!

5 kids, two spouses who is number 8? ..to give ideas for the split

skip peter pan, you have a stroller, a large group to herd to be touching the rope, go to the training registration first, if you do peter pan first, 30 mins on a friday then do buzz, autopia, nemo while in the area. by then the wait times will be ressonable for dumbo and alice and storybook land and casey, then head off t toontown. small world. maybe by then 2 &5 year old will be crashed in the stroller and you can do the dark rides snow

Number 8 is my 14 yr. old who will be off with his band friends doing his own thing! We will have a stroller but will also have my parents(aka best grandparents ever) with us as well! Wondering if we could park our stroller somewhere before rope drop OR one of us adults could park the stroller while the adults quickly herd the 5 kids to the PP line first thing? Also I'm assuming you chose autotopia & Nemo because they are slow loaders also with no FP?

5 kids, two spouses who is number 8? ..to give ideas for the split

skip peter pan, you have a stroller, a large group to herd to be touching the rope, go to the training registration first, if you do peter pan first, 30 mins on a friday then do buzz, autopia, nemo while in the area. by then the wait times will be ressonable for dumbo and alice and storybook land and casey, then head off t toontown. small world. maybe by then 2 &5 year old will be crashed in the stroller and you can do the dark rides snow
Thank you for the ideas! See my ?'s/comments in above post please. :)

if you can have everyone at the gate 45 mins before opening, then PP is doable. grand parents will be your golden ticket. One will have to watch 2 year old in the stroller. You can be at the rope, do the fast walk, run, whatever the folks around you are doing. and you will gain traction in line because you don't have to park the stroller. here are the unknowns. PP is the last ride to be ready because of inspection and trial runs. second, the chain area is very seldom open, so folks bunch up and line down to the castle, which is where you will encoutnering cutting from the stroller parkers. third, it may not open, and that is the risk you are taking with the jedi, because all the kids who were doing MM thursday, are now over signing up for jedi. So you have to know how long you will wait for an unopend PP before heading kids over jedi traiing. What is most important, child with jedi for a long duration or short ride on pp

They're both equally important! My 5 year old is so anxious for PP to be her first ride. :) This is essentially her first trip that she remembers because she was only 15 months for her first trip & I know my kids will all want to ride this one although they are anxious to ride all the thrill rides too! Basically they are ride junkies...lol. We have only 3 days-Thursday, Friday & Saturday with most likely no MM but do have park hoppers. I just don't want them to miss out on Jedi Training either because when we were here last in 2012 my 3 kids were all picked to be in the same show & they still talk about it! How many kids per show & how quickly do you think it will fill that first Friday in Feb.(hours 8am-midnight)? Which showtimes are more popular-morning or afternoon? Was tenatively planning on eating our Aladdin's Oasis dinner on the go during the 4:35pm show. Kind of want to use the first hour at least to ride rides that have really long lines all day long ie. PP, Nemo, etc. Thoughts???

if you can have everyone at the gate 45 mins before opening, then PP is doable. grand parents will be your golden ticket. One will have to watch 2 year old in the stroller. You can be at the rope, do the fast walk, run, whatever the folks around you are doing. and you will gain traction in line because you don't have to park the stroller. here are the unknowns. PP is the last ride to be ready because of inspection and trial runs. second, the chain area is very seldom open, so folks bunch up and line down to the castle, which is where you will encoutnering cutting from the stroller parkers. third, it may not open, and that is the risk you are taking with the jedi, because all the kids who were doing MM thursday, are now over signing up for jedi. So you have to know how long you will wait for an unopend PP before heading kids over jedi traiing. What is most important, child with jedi for a long duration or short ride on pp
Ok this sounds doable! See my thoughts above. :)

I signed up for Jedi training first thing in the morning during magic morning, I was the second in line. I don't know how fast it fills up, but you should get there as soon as possible. By the time the first training starts, there are usually only standby spots for all times during the day.

Also, if the weather is poor, they will cancel. If the weather was poor for previous days, there will be lots of people that were signing up for previous days there too. So plan accordingly.

Note that whatever kids want to participate have to be with you during signup in the morning.

After signup, I went to PP and the line wasn't bad.

I didn't know only certain rides were open for MM, but I was planning on using it for Fantasy/Tomorrowland anyway. Do any posters suggest hitting one or the other first?

The main reason to hit fantasyland is to get on Peter Pan and dumbo with minimum wait. No fastpasses for either.

The main reason for tomorrowland is space mountain, which has a fastpass option. Maybe secondary is star tours.

Note that you cannot get fastpasses during magic morning.

So it depends on your group.

I personally would choose fantasyland in most cases, unless the rides I mentioned are not of interest. Peter Pan is a neat ride, but I can't see myself waiting more than 10 minutes for it, which pretty much makes it a MM ride, or the first thing to hit at ropedrop on a non-mm day.

Last edited:
I signed up for Jedi training first thing in the morning during magic morning, I was the second in line. I don't know how fast it fills up, but you should get there as soon as possible. By the time the first training starts, there are usually only standby spots for all times during the day.

Also, if the weather is poor, they will cancel. If the weather was poor for previous days, there will be lots of people that were signing up for previous days there too. So plan accordingly.

Note that whatever kids want to participate have to be with you during signup in the morning.

After signup, I went to PP and the line wasn't bad.
This is very helpful info! I didn't even think about the weather being a factor that cause it to cancel & that is a very real possibility in our case since we will be there in early Feb. Do you know how the standby spots work for Jedi Training Academy?

If you have a standby spot, your child will only be in the show if another child doesn't show up. I can't remember, but you have to show up around 20 minutes before the show starts. At some point before the show, any openings are given to the standbys.. in my experience, you generally can't count on no shows.

Most of tomorrowland and fantasyland. Main st too. Nothing else.

Some attractions in fantasyland open later though like storyland boats and Casey jr.
I never knew those 2 rides weren't open first thing! This explains why on our last trip it felt like we were waiting forever to ride the Storyland boats--they weren't even open yet lol. :)

If you have a standby spot, your child will only be in the show if another child doesn't show up. I can't remember, but you have to show up around 20 minutes before the show starts. At some point before the show, any openings are given to the standbys.. in my experience, you generally can't count on no shows.

It's definitely worth a shot if there are no spots left. My DD went standby, and we came back around for a show and she was one of 6 alternates they got in. Plans change, kids chicken out, etc.

I guess on my day it was after 2 to 3 days of rain, and there were no standbys, but yeah, i suppose in different circumstances there definitely could be openings. I was just going by my experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter