What is your KIDS favorite resort?

BC is a must do for everyone as more than anywhere else it feels like “home.”

DD (10) loved Riviera (lazy walker so she appreciates the skyliner) and the animals at AK

DS (13) would say poly bungalows but also really liked VGF.

About 130+ on property.
Stayed all values but AoA (though visited plenty).
Stayed all moderates including Cabins (I don't consider them moderate).
Stayed WL & AKL, love them both.
No real desire to stay anywhere else.

Their favorite last 20 years = CSR.

DD (3y)- Loved the RR for the proximity to the Skyliner but AKL completely stole her heart! She is still talking about it.

Question for everyone- which is the best resort for recreation activities? At the RR they’re virtually non-existent but Poly and AKL both seemed really vibrant. Which do your kids find the most fun and engaging? Thanks!

DS (19) has been going to Disney with us since age 7. Hands down his favorite is Poly (started with the pool, but the deal was sealed with Dole Whips).

We have stayed at (from most to least Favorite): Poly (5x), Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Caribbean Beach (2x), OKW, Saratoga, POR, Grand Floridian, Boardwalk

Beach club/yacht club because of the pool. Riviera because of the skyliner and the bocci ball. Poly because of the overall environment

My kids love the Poly the best, they like the pool area and theming and closeness to MK. My youngest son likes the monorail and being able to see the castle from the resort. My oldest girls like to hop on the monorail and visit the other resorts. We’re a big family and usually stay in 2 br villas so we sacrifice a lot of space to stay here because they love it (did the bungalow once and it was ok, not worth the points imo). Their least favorite was GF. We own some points there and actually never stay there because they dislike it so much (they think it’s stuffy and undisney).

When our kids were in elementary school, they loved ASM and POFQ. At ASM, we requested the Mighty Ducks section so that we could be close to the quiet pool and walk to Music to catch the bus.
At POFQ they loved the dragon slide. This was before the Splash Pads were installed.

As teens until current DS21 - Boardwalk. Loves the whole Crecent Lake area. Loves the freedom to do so much on his own.
Teen until current DD18 - Wilderness Lodge. It was love at first sight for her. (DH and I, too).

Stayed all over WDW in all levels of resorts. Only one the kids request over and over again is Fort Wilderness, even as teens now.

My 8 year old loves Art of Animation and the cabins at Fort Wilderness. We have been to the Poly (she was only 5 months), Contemporary, Boulder Ridge, POP, French Quarter, A few of them she's been too young to remember though. We have Beach Club booked for the end of August.

When kids were little, they only knew WL. 🌲It was a very special place for our family. Now that they’re adults + a DIL💕 They only know the Poly🌺 and it too has become a very special place for our family!❤️

Next family trip we will do CL at WL and CL at the Poly. How fun!!☺️🌲🌺

Although they'd probably have a different opinion now that they're older, when they were 5 and 7 they were THRILLED with the Toy Story statues in front of our room at All Star Movies.

Overall for kids + parents, I'd say Fort Wilderness was the biggest hit and brought the most happiness overall.

Our son has stayed at all the deluxe resorts but he’s stayed at Polynesian and grand Floridian most often. His preference has always been the Polynesian. When he was little and now (14). Our daughter has stayed at Polynesian, contemporary, grand Floridian, beach club, and animal kingdom lodge. She asked to stay at beach or yacht for the pool in July. Not sure she really has a favorite. She is 7.

DD (3y)- Loved the RR for the proximity to the Skyliner but AKL completely stole her heart! She is still talking about it.

Question for everyone- which is the best resort for recreation activities? At the RR they’re virtually non-existent but Poly and AKL both seemed really vibrant. Which do your kids find the most fun and engaging? Thanks!
My kids love the resorts with the Community Halls. Saratoga has a kiln and they made mugs there and things that they use every day and even my teenager who at first was hanging out outside, came in and made a mug he uses every day too! You have to do them the first day or so you're there in order to be able to pick them up a couple days later. They also made two Christmas houses that you can put a light in (it came with the light) and those are their favorite things to take out and decorate the house with.

When they were all younger together, we almost missed our time to leave so they could finish their charms or whatever they call them at AKL, those were awesome activities there.

They all love their Mickey tie dyes and as they used them over the years we then had to return back to make bigger ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter