• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What is your earliest "where were you when" story?

President Reagan being shot. I was in 3rd grade, and my mom had just picked me up to go to an orthodontist appointment. We were behind a car waiting to make the turn out of the school parking lot when that car's driver jumped out and ran back to our car to tell my mom to turn on the radio because Reagan had been shot.

I would have to say Challenger. I was 4th grade but my parents had taken me out of school for a ski trip. I still remember that when I first heard, I thought maybe they could have landed on an island somewhere and been okay. We used to live in FL near there, and my school would have been outside to watch the launch.

But, I also remember the release of the Iran hostages, and also the assassination attempt on Ronald Reagan as the first news stories that I was really aware of.

Seeing on the news about the assassinations of Martin Luther King, Jr., and Robert Kennedy. I was 6. There was only one tv in the house so we all had to watch what our parents were watching.​

But even more vivid was watching the Apollo 11 moon landing and Neil Armstrong taking his first steps onto the moon.​

My parents made sure that we were awake and in front of the tv for this, and I’m glad they did because I can clearly remember it. I was 7 years old at the time.​

Reagan was shot and it was just hearing Reagan was shot and seeing it in the newspapers. Not really memorable, I just remember Reagan was shot.

The Challenger explosion is the one that hits the earliest memory because we watched it live in History class in 7th grade.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter