What have you seen on the EA? (running thread)

arrived around 8 PM, 12/3. Very slim pickings. We took a Grand Am, since my DH won't drive chevrolet...(don't ask...he's weird). We were able to fit everything in, but that trip from the airport was cramped. Other than that, it worked fine for us.

Coincidentally, we had a flat tire the evening before we left. Long story-short, after they came to change the tire they told my husband he could go to National at the Car Care Ctr and trade cars. Our trip back to MCO was far more comfortable 'cuz we had an Aztec.

Arrived on 12/25 at 4:00pm on the A side. Many cars in EA, mostly intermediates. Looked at the Aisle when I dropped off the car on 12/31 at around 5:00pm. Again lots of cars, mostly intermediates.

I just reserved car (intermediate) on EA for end of August 2005. Could someone tell me what constitutes an "intermediate" car?

Thanks
Jane

An intermediate car = a grand am class. or equivalent. :rolleyes: If your on the Emerald Aisle, hopefully your might luck out without something slightly bigger or nicer? You never know. If you read through this thread some people get Impalas, grand prix's, or smaller suv's. These of course are NOT guarranteed but we can still wish. :wizard:

MKY princess:

I was in Orlando 12/30-1/3. Arrived on the A side; there were lots of choices - several Azteks, PT cruisers, and vans. I took an Aztek, they're easier to spot in the parking lots.

Arrived on 1/6 terminal A. There were lots of cars on the EA, 2 Aztecs, lots of 4 door cars and 2 PT Cruiser. Since I own an Aztec & we only had two small bags with us we picked a silver PT Cruiser, my 4 year old named it the "mini-car". It was a great little car, National was great.

This is a little old but anyway...
We arrived on 12/4 and there were tons of cars, but spotted one G6, which we grabbed! It was a great little car. When we returned, we noticed one Jeep Wrangler amongst all the cars.

not at orlando, but just got back from las vegas....

was offered and took a buick la cross ( not sure of the spelling ) from the aisle ....

what a nice car...leather seats and satellite radio to boot....hope they start showing up in orlando too...especially the end of the month

smilawgs

1.) Trunk space of the G6? 4 door? Is this still only on "excutive" ?

2.) On the Aztec (or other suv's) is there a shade or "cover" for the trunk area? Don't want our stuff in plain view.

Thanks, Mky princess:

We arrived on 1/2 around 11 a.m. and I noticed mostly Grand Ams in the EA. We booked full size and had very few cars to choose from. There was a PT Cruiser, Buick Century and a 2 door Monte Carlo on the aisle at the time. We chose the Buick. Loved the trunk size and ride, hated that it didn't have remote entry. This was our first time using the Emerald Club service and it was terrific. Just putting our stuff in the trunk and driving away was great.Returning the car was just as easy and the price from Jan 2-14 was $240.

Most of the better full sizes are now on the Executive Aisle (the frequent renters club). If you have full size booked and can't find a good one, I would ask an attendent to see if you can get one from the executive. When I was there last month, the Executive Aisle must have had 25 cars parked on it, mostly Impalas and Grand Prix's. The full size aisle was almost empty.

You cannot book a full-size on the EA, only an intermediate. If you want a full-size you should choose EC. The last time I was in MCO the attendant was very clear, you book EA you pick from what is available on EA.

If you want a full size, you have to do it as Emerald Reserve if you are an Emerald Club member.

Arrived on A side Friday 1/14 at 10 pm. Aisle was almost full with all chevy intermediates. But there were two new Aztecs, which we managed to snag one.. It was great for size. Long line at check out this time. Mostly full size on executive aisle and not much else. For the person who asked if Aztec had a cover over back, no, they did not plus alot of glass back there to see what is in the back. We had no problems with this as we didn't leave anything back there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter