• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What has happened to the room location options in online check in?

Dizjunkieee

Mouseketeer
I had this same issue when trying to do online check in for our OKW stay last month, but thought it was just due to the fact that it was a DVC point rental that it gave me no options. I am now trying to do online check in for a regular room stay at Pop and the same thing is happening where the two drop downs have no options in them, just "select". Anyone know what the deal is and how to remedy??

TIA!

Rumor has it they're getting rid of the option entirely due to complaints about room requests not being granted.

I hope you mean getting away with the room request option on online and not doing away with room requests totally. At OKW, almost none of the buildings have elevators and DVC told me (in answer to my Email) that if I needed first floor due to bad knees (and can't climb stairs), that was a request, not a guarantee. Frankly, if we can no longer make requests at all, our OKW days would probably be over.

I hope you mean getting away with the room request option on online and not doing away with room requests totally. At OKW, almost none of the buildings have elevators and DVC told me (in answer to my Email) that if I needed first floor due to bad knees (and can't climb stairs), that was a request, not a guarantee. Frankly, if we can no longer make requests at all, our OKW days would probably be over.

Just during online check-in (as far as I've heard). I'm guessing a lot fewer people call to make room requests and won't bother doing it at all if it's not easy and during online check-in.

I called about our upcoming reservation and they added my room request for me. Depending upon who you ask, the online feature either never worked correctly, was disabled or had technical issues. The dropdown box is empty when you first make your reservation which makes it seem like it is no longer available. Most likely it wasn't programmed correctly or the choices needed to vary based on resort and they didn't want to bother updating the software.

Online check in hasn't worked for me for several days. I keep getting a message that they can't process it due to technical issues. Looks like I will be checking in the old fashioned way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter