What do your Teenagers Eat for Breakfast?

Zandy595

DIS Veteran<br><font color=green>The other day I f
What do your teenagers and older children eat before going to school?

Cereal, pop tarts, peanut butter toast, bagels

Usually a granola bar or a package of the Entenmann's Little Bites muffins if they are running late and need to eat in the car. If they have time to eat at home then a bagel with cream cheese or butter is the preferred breakfast.

My son is 15 and generally eats about 4 to 6 toast with Peanut Butter. He is a creature of habit, so this only changes on the weekends, where he adds some eggs to that.

My daughter is 12 and I have the hardest time getting her to eat anything in the mornings. Lately it is either cereal or Carnation Instant Breakfast shake. The shake is great because it goes with her to the bus, as we are always rushing in the AM.

I ate grapenuts cereal. Every morning. LOVE them. DH always said they smelled like catfood but they really filled me up the whole day.

My teens are out the door at 7am, for 7:30 school day start. They are not hungry at 6:30, so they have Instant Breakfast each morning.

fruit then bagel with nutella or pop-tart or toaster strudel or english muffin - once a week eggs. We always start with fruit.

Most days they eat cereal. Jimmy Dean has those healthy egg turkey sandwiches and they eat that sometimes. If they are running late they grab a banana.

Pop Tarts or frozen waffles. It's a bonus if I can get some peanut butter on the frozen waffles for protein!

Send him out the door with a bag of Kashi Go lean Crunch. He loves that stuff. I buy a box- portion it out so he has a serving in each bag.

For a while he was eating granola bars- but then the cereal seemed like a better option- he could snack on it throughout the morning vs. Shoving the bar down his mouth all at once.

Or he likes a fruit cup if he has time to eat it at home.

Jimmy Dean breakfast sandwiches, Carnation Instant Breakfast shakes, yogurt, cereal, bagels and cream cheese, leftover pancakes or waffles (usually on Mondays, after Sunday breakfasts), English Muffins, leftovers from dinner sometimes, sometimes even cold pizza. Granola bars if they are running late and need to grab something quick.

Every Friday I get up early and make them omlettes or eggs however they feel like having them.

My dd usually grabs a pop tart or granola bar so she can eat on the go. I am concerned that she isn't getting enough nutrition so I'm going to start giving her the Instant breakfast shakes. Dh and I were just talking about this the other day so I'm glad to see we aren't the only ones who would do it. I kind of feel like I've given up trying to force her to eat a healthy breakfast.

My boys mostly eat cereal, waffles, or bagels with yogurt in the mornings. Sometimes they want breakfast in school so they eat there and the choices are pretty much the same as home.

Usually a cereal bar, but his preference is meat. If there's meat left over from the night before he'll inhale it. Preferably cold. :crazy2: The kid is definitely a carnivore. :rolleyes:

My 16 year old DS is consistently running late, so he never has time for anything more than a fruit bar. On the rare occasion that he gets up on time, he will have waffles (Eggo Nutrigrain), frozen pancakes, yogurt, cereal, frozen bagel with cream cheese, and sometimes I buy those Jimmy Dean pancake sandwiches (if I have a coupon).

He usually brings some sort of packaged thing to eat in 1st or 2nd block too...I don't buy these every week, but we've tried the oatmeal squares, breakfast cookies, and breakfast to go pouches. He also will take a granola bar, or special K bar...something like that. Or, he eats part of his lunch...the fruit or the veggie. He is long and lean, and he needs to eat small meals more frequently. That is just how his metabolism runs. Thankfully, his teachers this year have been pretty lenient about food in class.

Pop Tarts, Pancakes, waffles, omelettes, sausages, smokies, cereal, nutella, etc.. She gets up and eats breakfast first thing.

My 14yodd is a breakfast eater.

Nothing - neither of mine like to eat first thing in the morning. They have a mid-morning break at school and get a muffin, etc. then. Their high school has a great cafeteria and there are plenty of healthy snack choices.

Nothing ....usually sleeps so late he has to just run out the door.

He says he is not hungry in the morninig , but he eats almost his whole lunch at first break...:laughing: Don't know what he will do next year in High School.

My nutritionist took my son off of white sugar (especially in the morning) when he was 10. He's been a different person since then!!

I used to make him eggs or a cheese quesadilla everyday for breakfast. Now he makes his own and it's usually brown rice or oranges. He makes the boil in bag rice and can eat it all day!

In highschool I used to eat a banana or a granola bar every morning, even if I wasn't hungry. If I was hungry, I'd have a bagel with vegetable cream cheese or poptarts if I was in a hurry and needed to eat in the car. Now in college, I'll sometimes grab a handful of pretzels or a granola bar, but more often than not don't eat anything. I could go to the cafeteria for breakfast, but I'm just not hungry in the mornings, and I prefer to sleep in over eating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter