• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What do you like to get from Room Service?

Hey guys! I am going on my 6th Disney cruise and I have never gotten room service. Every Disney cruise I try to do something different (mixology, sit down breakfast, etc.) and after hearing all of the wonderful things about room service I wanted to know what do you guys get from room service and how much do you generally tip since the food/drinks are "free"? Is there something you get every day? Is there a must have? Is there a best time of day to get room service? Give me all of your know how about room service on the Disney cruise. If it varies from ship to ship (or itinerary) I'll be on the Magic for the Fjords this summer.

I am sort of relieved that you started this thread. We are going on our 8th cruise in 5 days and have NEVER ordered room service.
I feel much better about admitting it now. :)
After reading all the great responses, I think we will go for the cheese plate and some Mickey Bars for the kids (especially my turning 50 at CC birthday boy husband) And Cake of the day sounds right up my alley. :)

Thanks for the great thread!

We ordered a lot of room service this trip...AHOD a couple of times( remember there being Gouda,Blue Cheese,babybel, cheddar, and I think Swiss), chicken fingers, breakfast at least 4 days (fruit, bagels, muffins, pastries, hot chocolate,coffee), and I think the cheeseburger. You can fill out your breakfast order the night before, mark a delivery time, and hang it on your door handle. The form is in the desk drawer & must be filled out and hung on the by 3am. This was on the Magic 2 weeks ago.

We would order breakfast every morning. It was our wake up call for the day. We ordered a carafe of coffee, a couple of pastries and a fruit bowl and enjoyed on the verandah before heading for "real" breakfast.
We ordered a couple of all hands on deck platters while we were getting dressed for the show (we had late seating) and sometimes late at night to enjoy with a glass of wine on the verandah while kids slept. I ordered cookies for the kids once but they were very hard and the kids didn't like them. We also didn't like the chicken wings, they were salty and mushy. I tipped $1/item ordered.

I am sort of relieved that you started this thread. We are going on our 8th cruise in 5 days and have NEVER ordered room service.
I feel much better about admitting it now. :)
After reading all the great responses, I think we will go for the cheese plate and some Mickey Bars for the kids (especially my turning 50 at CC birthday boy husband) And Cake of the day sounds right up my alley. :)

Thanks for the great thread!
There's so much to do and see. Room service wasn't something we ever thought about doing until we started hearing how good it was.

There are also chicken wings that aren't on that menu above. My son is all about the chicken wings, my daughter loves the BLT. Every night at 1 or 2 AM after the Vibe closes.

I was just going to mention this. We totally got buffalo wings one night. This was last month.

It's a carafe of coffee, but enough to get me started in the morning and it usually stays hot. I get several cups of coffee out of it before I head out of the room.

Now, I am really upset that I TOTALLY missed out!!!! :oops:

We use room service a lot. Most things are pretty tasty.
We don't like the cookies though. They have always been really hard when we ordered them.

If you have a cabin if 5 people, would they send 5 Mickey bars... Every night... If you requested??

We ordered AHOD a few times, tons of Mickey Bars, warm cookies were a must, and fries!!!

Add us to the list of folks who likes the All Hands on Deck. We usually ask for extra crackers with ours. We spend a relaxing hour or so on our veranda with a glass of wine while consuming the AHoD and watching the ocean go by.

The only thing I've ordered from room service was Uncrustable sandwiches to take on an excursion. I knew kids would be hungry, so I ordered them and asked them to keep the packaging on. I will say, they were prompt and courteous!

Great idea! I'm totally doing this!

DW surprised me with concierge last November. We chose to have room service bring dinner every night. We were able to order from any rotating restaurant and service was exceptional. Because we did not avail ourselves of the regular dining arrangements, we tipped our server everything that would have normally gone to the rotational crew, plus some extra for the fantastic individualize attention.

That was a "one and done" concierge cruise. Thanks for this thread for giving me ideas for our next DCL cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter