What do you like to get from Room Service?

Anisum

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! I am going on my 6th Disney cruise and I have never gotten room service. Every Disney cruise I try to do something different (mixology, sit down breakfast, etc.) and after hearing all of the wonderful things about room service I wanted to know what do you guys get from room service and how much do you generally tip since the food/drinks are "free"? Is there something you get every day? Is there a must have? Is there a best time of day to get room service? Give me all of your know how about room service on the Disney cruise. If it varies from ship to ship (or itinerary) I'll be on the Magic for the Fjords this summer.

I'm like you - never tried room service until trip 6! We were just never hungry after stuffing our faces all day and night in the MDRs, etc. Now we do order at least once during the cruise, just because we can, to be honest. I'm a huge fan of the cheese plate and we typically get it late at night after the adult clubs. There is always room for cheese, right?! Enjoy whatever you get.

I'm fairly certain the room service menu is the same on all ships. Some drinks aren't free with room service. Sodas come in cans and are not free. I usually tip $2-$3 per order but I'm usually only ordering a couple items. I order the All Hands on Deck platter (cheese and crackers) for myself almost every day. We've also ordered the cookies and Mickey bars. Mickey bars aren't listed on the menu but they are available. DD has ordered the chicken tenders.

We got quite a bit! Chicken tenders and fries where good. Chicken Noodle soup wasn't so good. Key Lime pie and cookies and Mickey bar)to make an ice cream sandwich) were good too! We did $2 each time since there were 2 of us.

Last edited:
our must have on the first night is the All Hands on Deck cheese platter...fun way to start the cruise. The chicken tenders are also very good and who can pass up a Mickey bar???:mickeybar

We always order the All Hands On Deck platter. We also get the continental breakfast and save the items for snacks. I need my pot of tea in the morning.
The salads are fine. My daughter loved the mac and cheese. The meat was a little dry on the burgers. Panini's are ok not great. We did love the cookies.

In the past, we have been able to order peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for DD. I don't know if they still have those. The did last January, though I don't remember them being on the menu, we could still order them.

My 12 year old loved ordering room service every night of our cruise. We would sit on the verandah (around 11-12) and she would order the All Hands on Deck cheese platter, a bowl of fruit and warm cookies and milk. I'm not sure if they would be warm if you didn't order them warm, because she specified "warm" cookies every time she ordered. One night she added Mickey Ice Cream Bars to her order. It quickly became a tradition and the night we got off the boat we were staying in an Embassy Suites in Orlando and she sadly announced "I miss my nightly room service order."

We ordered All Hands on Deck (cheese platter) and we packed our own GF crackers. We ordered continental breakfast on all port days. We ordered pizza lunch a few times. We also ordered Mickey Bars most nights and some afternoons.

From what I understand, the menu has changes since last year when we sailed. Not sure if the All Hands on Deck is still off the menu now or not. I remember rumblings of it being replaced with one that had an upcharge.

We tipped $1 per item up to $10.

From what I understand, the menu has changes since last year when we sailed. Not sure if the All Hands on Deck is still off the menu now or not. I remember rumblings of it being replaced with one that had an upcharge.

The All Hands on Deck platter was returned to the free menu very quickly, within a week or two of its removal if I'm remembering correctly. I had it on our March cruise.

All hands on deck++ We also do breakfast room service every day except debarkation morning (and even then only because you can't, lol). We get granola, fruit, coffee and a pastry to split.

Don't they have a "cake of the day"

Yes they do! At least, they did as of yesterday... ;)

Great Thread!!!

Filing this info away for Novemeber. I'm planning on doing coffee and continental breakfast almost every morning.

The cheese plate and cookies and milk sound great..my son will be happy :)

Oh and the Mickey Bars- maybe he'll ask for less while we're at WDW after ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter