What do you collect?

Jakesmom1

The Tag Fairy shows herself to no one
Im just wondering what everyone collects when they go to the world? :earboy2:

I have two passions, Kitchen magnets (have a ton of them). :crazy:
They cover almost evey inch of my side by side fridge.

Coffee mugs, I buy one from each Park and everywhere else in the real world I go. :confused3

Whats your passion ? :goodvibes

I like to collect postcards. Both new and used. I also like to collect keychains but sometimes that can be too expensive.
I was thinking about collecting the pressed pennies starting this October when I head down. Sounds like a fun and cheap hobby! :earboy2:

I love to get a WDW t-shirt and/or golf shirt. It must be the embroidered logo; no decals for me. :sad2:

Now here is the insane part . . . I won't wear them very much because I don't want to get them "worn looking". Go figure! :confused3

I know, I know. I need to work on that. :earboy2:

I have a pretty good assortment of Disney music cds :earsboy:

Eyeore. He's my favorite! Usually just small things -- pin, sm. stuffed animal. Have fun looking at all the possibilities though! :)

Oh boy....

The three main Disney items that I collect are:

1. Pins

2. Christmas Ornaments

3. CD's

I just started the Cd collecting, I try to get exclusive ones to WDW, I bought the wishes, and the Parade music one. Looking forward to adding to that collection.

I need to buy one or two ornaments each time I go. Bought the pack of 12 Mickey heads to add some variety to my character ornaments. May get another 12 pack this July.

The pins, I NEVER should have started that but I am now hooked. I try to get pins that have an attraction name, a Park name or a resort name on it. Other than that, I get the Mickey and Chiip N dale ones ( my 2 faves ). I have to be selective as to what kind of pins I buy or else it would cost me too much.

My mom collected spoons from everywhere she went.

Since her death, I collect them for her.

coffee mugs, keychains, anything Tigger related, shotglasses (toothpick holders, lol), ornaments, fridge magnets, collectable teaspoons, and others that I can't think of at the moment.

Jules

My DW and I always get a Christmas Tree Ornament each (on each trip.) We also have developed quite a Disney Christmas Village in the last year or so.

Key chains!! I have 420 of them, they take up three full size bulletin boards, (and now there's a fourth, smaller one just for keychains from WDW!). We also buy a coffee mug or two each trip, try to find a new CD of parade or fireworks music, and everyone gets some type of a shirt. We wear our shirts all the time. :wave:

I collect magnets. Our frigde is almost completely covered. Time to move on to the frigde in the garage, I suppose.
My dad & stepmom also collect magnets. They have two fridges and two upright freezers FULL of magnets.
I collect Christmas ornaments as well. I have an absolute FIT if anyone puts an ornament on the tree other than Disney. And that includes any my kids make at school. (I know, No "Mother of the Year" awards in my future! That's a sacrifice I'll just have to make!)

Oooooooooo, my 2 favorite things...Disney and collecting! -- I am a born collector, so my list might be a little long....

1. Coffee mugs - I've got probably about 200

2. Pens/Pencils - I love the character shaped ones

3. Sweatshirts and T-shirts, we dress casual at
work and most days I've got Disney on!
(only embroidered for me too!)

4. Magnets - of course!

5. Keychains - Only really cool/unique ones

6. Pressed Pennies

7. Disney World Prints - I try to stick to only
theme park related ones.

8. The tourist Mickey beanies. I love these!

9. I just started collecting some pins

10. I also like to pick up parks maps, resort
cocktail napkins and swizzle sticks and all
kinds of brochures and things. (I scrapbook)

Needless to say, my suitcase comes home MUCH heavier than when it left! :rotfl:

Pins
Ornaments
CD's
DVD's
Mugs
Shirts
Pressed Pennies

What I really would love to start collecting are the snowglobes!! I just don't have the room to display them properly. :sad1:

Myst

I like to collect beach towels from the resorts... then use them at home, they are nice quality and bring back memories of the resort.

:)

Anything with Mickey Mouse on it that cathes my interest usually ends up in my suitcase.

funny you should ask...

just the other day my friends and I made a discovery at our imfamous local lake (Onondaga Lake) It is the 3rd most polluted lake in the country last I knew...yet we discovered a diamond in the rough the other day.

We were taking a stroll as normal and came across what looked like broken shards of china---you know how most beaches are sand or rock, this beach was broken china. Well let it be told that the pieces of glass were marked none other than "Syracuse China." I almost died. So with a little bit of collecting, I we went home to do a little reaseach and find that over 60 years ago Syracuse China dumped their broken or disfunctional china into the lake.

We learned that you could tell how old the marks were by the # and the stamp.
We haven't found one less than 50 years old yet!

Just this after noon we found a piece of a plate that had the presidential seal and said "Hoover Administration-1930" So we looked it up online and there was the presidential plate for the Hoovers. We almost died. Some of the pieces were as old as 1920!!!

So we have been collecting these pieces for a few days now and are going to make a Mosaic to hang up in our kitchen one day to pay homage to our treasure hunt pirate: and to have a little bit of heritage in our homes always.

Mr. Potatohead parts...we always must visit Once Upon a Toy Store and MouseGears to look for the latest.

I also collect anything I can put into my scrapbook...coasters from the resort, photo claim tickets, those picks that spear lemons for your tea at the restaurants, confetti from special events....if I can put it in a scrapbook, I keep it :)!

My 3 main things are:

1. Arribras Bros. items (I love the little fish, turtles, snails, etc they have)
2. Pins (I like Mickey's (ones where Mickey is dressed up (ie scuba mickey, golfing mickey, cowboy mickey), attraction, and Sleeping Beauty pins)
3. I recently decided to start collecting ornaments as well so I can have a Disney Tree

I collect everything :) everything and never get rid of anything :)
as far as what I cant leave WDW without a new,,,
magnet
snowglobe
pins(strange because I Im not a big fan of pins but yet come home with gobs of them every trip)
stuffed animal
photo album
a year t shirt that I never wear
a watch
something figment
something from the store that sells hello kitty
a big figure
a raku animal from africa
Ive recently become addicted to those little 4 dollar charms too

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter