• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What are your Top 3 DVC Resorts? NOW WITH OVERALL RANKS - SEE OP

We love to mix it up when we go to Disney, often doing a split stay at 3 hotels in 14 nights. The order of are 3 faves is a tough call, but after some thought it would be:

1/ Kidani (Savannah view) - beautiful hotel. Location isn't ideal, but we always have a car so no biggie.
2/ BWV (garden view) - love walking round Crescent Lake and proximity to Epcot.
3/ Saratoga Springs (DTD view) - lurve to walk around the grounds and down to DTD.

In fact, we're staying at all in September - can't wait!!

1) BCV................Location, SAB, dining (includes EPCOT/BW and S&D).

2) BWV...............Location, dining (includes EPCOT/BW and S&D).

3) BLT.................Location, Views, dining (includes CR/WL/MK/Monorail Resorts).

Actually we now only stay at these resorts, (split stays with BLT), and fill in missing/extra days at S&D/BWI/BC/YC. To much time and money dedicated to the trip. We will only stay where we really want.

If I had to have one removed/closed each year until only 3 were left, it would be in this order:

1. HHI
2. Aulani
3. VGC
3. VB
4. OKW
5. AKL
6. SSR
7. VWL
8. VGF
9. BLT
10. BWV
11. BCV

1. BWV - love location and views. Love using the boats as well as the activity on the boardwalk and ability to get to Epcot and HS easily.
2. BLT - location, location, location. Love being on monorail line and ability to walk to MK.
3. AKV - animals and theming of rooms. Very peaceful and quiet.

Now if I were to choose the 3 resorts next to Universal Orlando (don't get me wrong I like the resorts there) and was told I had to pick from DVC-the location suddenly isn't as important-all 3 are right there, as is City Walk.

Then I would choose:

1) BCV in place of RP, for beach theme and SAB (assuming it's tied to BC/YC).

2) VGF in place of HRH, for luxury (assuming it's tied to GF).

3) TIE. In place of PBH, AKL for theming and views(assuming its tied to AKL) and VWL (assuming its tied to WL). Either would be a great 3rd addition to the other 2.

We have stayed at:
OKW
VWL
VGC
BW
AKL
SSR

Our Favorites are
OKW - love the large open areas and the vibe
VGC- love the resort and accessibility to the parks
AKL - can't beat the animals on site

We have stayed at AKV Kidani and Jambo, BCV, BLT, OKW, SSR, VGF, & VWL.

Our list is;
1. VGF-location is wonderful, the resort has everything we could want, even the standard views are great, the service, food and stores cover all our needs. We have the monorail, boats and buses.
2. SSR- love the walk to DTD, lots to do at the resort, tree house villas are awesome.
3. Third is a 3 way tie between
AKV, what can I say the animals are amazing and the second bathroom is great but the location not so much and for a girl who is not an adventurous eater the food options are limited.
OKW room size is great and I love, love, love the huge balconies with the ceiling fans, I could sit out there all day but the resort is just too big for me and I find it hard to navigate if I am not near the HH.
WLV, location is great but no monorail, the lobby and atmosphere of the resort is stunning. I was not happy with the look of the rooms pre-refurb but the pictures I am seeing I really like so that may change.

Let me preface the following with the statement this is just my humble opinion and is meant in no way to offend those that love BCV or BLT. it is just different strokes for different folks.

I would stay at BCV again if it was my only option but believe it or not I felt it was super stuffy and like I needed to prove I made enough money to stay there. And please don't flame me I was not in love with SAB. I know most people love it but I just couldn't get into it with how crowded it was. I guess I am a quiet pool kind of girl.

BLT is the one resort I will probably never stay at again. While everyone was nice and the location cannot be beat I could not get into the theme. The whole building felt sterile to me and as crazy as this sounds the convince of MK made me spoiled and I started to either avoid the other parks or get easily annoyed at how long it took to get to them.

1. BWV, location, Boardwalk View, theming.
2. VWL, location, theming, WL.
3. VGF, Theming, location, GF.

We have not stayed at HH, Aulani, VGC.

We own BCV, BWV, AKV, VWL, VGF, and BLT

:earsboy: Bill

For me it is fortunately the resorts I own at:

1) BCV - love the area, love the proximity to Epcot, love the pool
2/3) Can't choose between AKV and BLT. They each have their own plus points, to some extent it's location vs style.

We have yet stayed at HH, VB, VGC, VGF or Aulani

Out order would be
BLT for the views
AK Savannah View
BCV for the quiet

This is a tough one!

1) Aulani -- it's just a very special place. This is our unwind and relax heaven with just enough Disney but it's very low key. Gorgeous grounds, gorgeous views and wonderful, friendly CMs. We weren't even there a day and my husband was ready to buy points. Wish we bought them when they were first released and had the much lower dues LOL

2) BLT -- this is our WDW home. We equally love the Lake View as we do the MK view. We love how we can get to MK so quickly and have easy access to spend evenings in the lounge. ((I will add however, sometimes the bus sharing with Poly and GF does tack on quite a bit of travel time to the bused parks))

3) Boardwalk Villas -- if we aren't home this is where we love to be in a Boardwalk View villa. There's something about relaxing in the morning with a cup of coffee, sitting on your villa and watching the comings and goings below. It's just a lively resort with something always going on the boardwalk. It's become our second favourite DVC location on property.

In saying all the above we haven't stayed in all the DVC properties yet so the above may change at some point but for now this is it. We did tour GFV just to see the villa models, they are gorgeous and while we want to try them I don't think they'll trump BWV or BLT.

1) BWV - i think of Goldilocks when describing our favorite ;) ....the others are just a bit too noisy or quiet, a bit too far, a bit of something that doesn't suit us. BWV is the perfect combination: gorgeous views (very important), serene, elegant, friendly, with lots of active options close, but not in our faces.

2) we love SSR - simply beautiful, quiet, great access to DTD.

3) we haven't stayed at VGF, but really enjoy the GF so its getting this spot.

AKV is near #3 - the resort, dining, and CMs are fantastic. however, we usually stay 11-14 days, and find it gets boring. one of the best resorts for a short get-away tho :thumbsup2

we own BWV, BCV, & SSR.
BCV is a bit too noisy & busy for our tastes, BLT a bit too sterile, VWL too dark, OKW too vanilla.

if they closed BWVs, we would likely no longer go to WDW.
if they closed all the others but left BWV open, we would continue our 2-3x a year vacations there.

thankfully, everyone doesn't have the same favorite :)

1. BWV. Hands down our favorite.

2. Probably BCV, because it's so close to BWV.

3. AKL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter