What are your Top 3 DVC Resorts? NOW WITH OVERALL RANKS - SEE OP

We've been members since 1993. At WDW, we've stayed at all of the resorts except BC and GFV. We have reservations at GFV in September. (We've also stayed at HH, Vero, and the Grand Californian.) We tend to stay in 1 bdrms unless we have additional family with us. We do not stay in studios. We always have a car. Our experience would put the ranking at:

1. OKW (it's our home resort so there's some nostalgia there; we like the space, the views, and parking right outside your door)
2. Kidani (we initially stayed here for a grandchild and I didn't think I'd like it, but we did; the unit was nicely laid out; love the additional bath; there are wonderful restaurants on site; the pools are lovely; and parking is convenient. Oh, and then there are the animals!)
3. VWL (proximity to MK is a plus; love the feel of the place; both pools are nice; didn't like the parking situation; )

SSR
BLT
BWV (parking difficulties here outweigh any benefits!)

1. Aulani - just beautiful, relaxing, so nicely done
2. BCV - love the location, the feel, the size, and SAB
3. SSR - love Congress Park with view & easy walk to DTD
(Though we have not yet stayed at GFV, and I'm thinking it's likely to move up.)

Stayed at SSR, OKW, BCV, BWV, GFV, BLT, VB

Our List
1.) OKW (near HH) - For a trip that we plan to visit all the parks we find it the most centrally located DVC resort to all that the World has to offer. We also have had great experience with transportation to all parks from OKW. In addition, largest rooms, great point value, best self parking, and awesome staff.
2.) BCV - Location, location, location! This is our go to resort for F & W. In addition, the parking is much better than BW, there are two elevators, the resort is small, and SAB.
3.) Whichever resort we are staying at. We escaped this past winter twice by heading to DW and stayed at the new GFV then about two weeks later SSR on a last minute reservation. Obviously the resorts are completely different but we enjoyed SSR just as much as the GFV. We really do enjoy all the resorts and can't wait to try AKV and WLV.

We have stayed at all the WDW DVC except GFV and BLT. We have zero desire to stay at BLT, it's really just not our thing, and we still haven't been able to get a room at GFV. We own at AKV and SSR, which is good as our list is:

1) AKV - Jambo: We love everything here, the ambiance, the views, the restaurants, the smells, the decor, it is hands down our favorite resort.
2) SSR: We love the room decor, the open layout, and our favorite section is Grandstand and we love the pool over there and the proximity to Downtown.
3) OKW or VWL: I honestly can't choose, I love both of these and would gladly own points at either. That's probably why we're staying at OKW in August, and VWL in December.

We've stayed at VB, VGF, OKW, BCV, VWL, AKV, BWV, SSR,

1st for room decor would be Grand Floridian
1st for space would be Old Key West
1st for all over resort would be Wilderness Lodge
1st for view would be GV cottage at Vero Beach

We love the choice that DVC offers.

We own at AKV and BWV. We have stayed at BWV, SSR and BCV once. Twice at AKV & BLT. Our next trip in December will be at BCV. We have stayed in 2 bedroom every time except our most recent trip which was BWV in a one bedroom.
My favorites are:
#1. BLT (feels magical to me, love being close to MK and watching fireworks from resort)
#2. BWV & BCV tied ( love the feel of the boardwalk area and being able to walk to two parks )
#3. AKV - the resort is a vacation in itself - very relaxing and the rooms are wonderful

1. Beach Club (location, theme, and pool)

2. Animal Kingdom (theme, animals, and pool)

3. Old Key West (lowest points, larger rooms)

We have also stayed at Saratoga Springs, Boardwalk, Vero Beach, and Hilton Head.

1.BWV-location, plus we love the area
2.AKV-Kidani-Savannah view-beautiful rooms-beautiful views, great bus service
3.BCV-location-pool

OKW - long time members. The units are roomy, we love the relaxed vibe, great staff and Olivia's!
BCV - fab location, lots of restaurants to choose from, Stormalong Bay
BLT - we don't care for the studios, but the proximity to the MK and monorails is fantastic, quick trip to get to California Grill, Top of The World (just the name brings back wonderful memories)

Stayed in VBR, HHIR, and all of them at WDW except VGF.

My favorite is BLT. WDW always will be represented by MK and the castle for me. At BLT, I can wake to see the castle and walk to the MK. The monorail resorts have great dining options to travel via monorail or boat. Then, there is the whole bay lake and Electric Water Parade. Plus, there is the sand/fake beach option, nice community hall, and pools there and CR.

BWV - my home resort. Low point options (standard views) and walking distance to two parks. Nightime entertainment, the energy of the Boardwalk, and the relaxing green space make for a nice combination. There are so many dining options within walking or boating distance, including the other resorts. I also enjoy the Clown Mouth water slide at the feature pool and great community hall.

VWL - great theming, proximity to MK, nice beach area, and a boat ride across the water bridge to MK. Pools are lacking.

BLT - Location location location.
VWL - Love the theming
OKW - Our first stay was there and it will always have a special place in our hearts.

Own at OKW, VWL and VGC

Have stayed at those plus SSR, AK (Jambo) and BWV

1) VGC..........the reason we bought DVC to start with. To be sure we could buy here when it became available.
Love the location, the architecture.

2) VWL......love the decor and peacefulness of it

3) OKW....boats to DtD, large rooms and quietness.

OKW - long time members. The units are roomy, we love the relaxed vibe, great staff and Olivia's!
BCV - fab location, lots of restaurants to choose from, Stormalong Bay
BLT - we don't care for the studios, but the proximity to the MK and monorails is fantastic, quick trip to get to California Grill, Top of The World (just the name brings back wonderful memories)

Same for us, as well (Love Olivia's.... :thumbsup2:thumbsup2)

It will be weird but here it is:
#1, OKW, why? We are in Florida and want to feel like it. It has mature landscaping, large rooms and a boat to DTD. The bus system works very well and it has a very relaxed feeling. Also parking in front of your villa.

#2, BCV, we like the feeling of the beach, even it if is suppose to upstate. We like the beach theme and the pool is our son's favourite pool. I really like the quick access to Epcot and the majority of good restaurants and quick food.

#3, AKV, we love the lodge and art work. Also Boma's has food with flavour.

Great question BTW.

I like VWL - I think it has the best theming and the best quiet pool.

We own BWV and its home - its were the vast majority of our trips have been.

The only other one we've stayed at in twelve years has been BCV and I wouldn't book it again. We are staying at HHI starting next week and I think probably VAKL in two years.

A Dedicated Studio Dweller
Top Favorite: BCV - Location to parks, boardwalk and restaurants - not quite as 'used/worn' as BWV
2 - AKL - :hug: Value rooms, Saana, pools (my goal is a value 1BR - less pts than many studios - alas my inner cheapskate :sad2:)
3 - BL - Location to MK and monorail resorts plus TOWL - very worn

Runner ups
SSR - location to DTD, great main pool, Turf Club, Spa, golf
BWV - great location/restaurants - incredibly worn with adverse CMs
WL - lobby :thumbsup2 & MK location - not a fan of any of the restaurants
OKW - good when you need a room w/ 2 beds

HHI - beautiful, great veranda's (too nice to be called balcony's) - ~ 2H SAV
VB - Great Pool & CMs, Green Room, Ocean Views - 70 minutes from MCO

Coming Attractions: GFV
High Probability of never enjoying: GCV and Aulani
Completely off the radar: Paris, Tokyo, China

Winning the Lottery or Retirement Present - AbD :wizard:

Guess which are our home resorts :rotfl2:

We've stayed at all the on-property DVC resorts. Our favorites are:
OKW (see screen name) for its large units and away from it all feel
BCV for its convenience to Epcot and relaxed feel
AKL for the views of the animals

We've only stayed at OKW, AKV Kidani, AKV Jambo, GCV, and the THV at SSR. Out of those four I'd have to say that my top three are the GCV, AKV Kidani, and the THV but honestly they are all fabulous and I'd happily stay at any of them again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter