What are your "Last Day" traditions?

craiggers

Mouseketeer
We have been taking an extended family trip (at least 7 days) for years. We have fondly named the day before check-out "last day." I think it was a play on something from the old movie Logan's Run. lol. For those of you with similar traditions, what do you do on last day? We try to turn this into a great day to deal with the depression that comes with "envelope on the door knob day."

We always stay at an MK resort, so we begin with breakfast at either Kona Cafe or Trails End. We enjoy the day at the resort (pool and adult beverages, shopping, bowl-a-rama in game room) and plan for a late night at the MK (We always plan "last day" on an extended hours night at the MK). We have a family cookout at a resort grill and picnic area. We watch the final parade, Wishes, and ride Pirates, Splash, Space Mountain many times, tea cups until someone gets queasy, and raceway. We end with the Haunted Mansion, move to the Tree House (and get the organ song stuck in our heads), grab the BIG cookie ice cream sandwiches on Main Street, shop at the Emporium, and take the final group picture with the castle in the background on an uncrowded Main Street.

We then take a boat back to the resort and dread the impending envelope delivery...

I'm just wondering what other's traditions are.

The only consistent last day tradition we stick with is we eat lunch at Pecos Bill's. We can end up in any park that day doing anything a last time but we always head over there for lunch b/c we crave that the most when we are at home.

We also plan our last day for a EMH PM MK night. We have gone before and not done MK last and were sad. So we always stay as late as possible (even if we have a ridiculously early flight the next day!) and take in that last look at the castle as we leave. We buy plenty of rice crispie Mickey bars to take home too.

We have a big Kona or Kouzzina breakfast then head to Downtown for a marathon shopping trip! :cool1:

We go to Epcot, bypass Future World, and spend however much time wehave before we have to head to the airport in World Showcase.

Magic Kingdom is always first day (Fantasyland and Tomorrowland) and last day (Frontierland and Adventureland). Dole whip on the last day too.

Our last day is one I dread, we go to Epcot in the morning, spend the afternoon at the pool and then EMH at Magic Kingdom, eat at Pecos Bills for dinner, shop on Main Street, watch the fireworks and then slowly walk out of the park and with tears in my eyes, myDH always has tissue at the ready.

We go back to resort finish packing those last minute gifts, and walk around the resort, grab a cocktail and sit and reflect, while I have tissues in hand.

I always wake early on the day we leave, and I go and sit by the pool and watch the sun rise, it is peaceful, and magical and at the same time so sad, but I also sit there and plan the next trip back to our Magical Place. 115 days till I get to my Magical Place....:cool1:

Gotta be MK and I can't explain why and it wasn't planned but it seems I always end up saying my mental "goodbye" to WDW that night on the Astro Orbiter. Something about the view, the lights, the atmosphere. There's plenty of other rides that I like better but few moments that I enjoy more. Doing it one last time before leaving feels like closure.

Our last day - we get up and have breakfast and spend the early part of the day by the pool. I try to get some laundry done so I don't have to come home to suitcases filled with dirty laundry. Once we have finished up with the laundry we usually go back to the room, pack up and then head to MK. We try to plan last day with EMH at MK. We spend the night there as late as we can. Then the next morning, we check our luggage at the hotel and head to DTD for some last minute shopping and then head to airport!!

we always end with MK. we used to have a "last ride" tradition, but the kids have changed their minds on what that ride should be on our last two trips. so, they each pick their last ride and we do those again at the end of our last day.

On our last full day, we do a "hard core park hop day". We go to each park and ride the highlights. All 4 parks in one day is our goal and we have always been able to accomplish this! The kids love it and it has become our tradition.

We leave in 9 days! :banana::banana: So excited!!:goodvibes

Happy planning everyone!

Ann Marie :laundy:

Our very last day we leave for the airport usually by 5 am. So that doesn't count :) Our real last day in WDW is spent in the morning at MK and afternoon/night at Epcot.

we are up and gone very very early while its still dark...no parks. i think it would break my heart visiting the parks one more time...i couldn't bare to leave...;)

I should have defined "Last Day." It is your last full day of the vacation, not the travel day. If we have any time on the travel day, we hang out at the Marketplace.

Get up, pack up, and hit DTD for shopping. We then eat at Wolfgang Pucks for lunch.

I would like to visit MK once more, but, I can't get my crew to cooperate.

The last full day varies but the last day we fly out as late as possible (flight around 6 has been normal, but this year there is a 10pm flight...so excited!). Drop bags at ME really early and head to MK. At 11 we eat at Tonys. We do as many things as we can before having to get back to the hotel for the bus.

Our last night we go to DTD for shopping, dinner at Fultons and ice cream from Ghiradellis

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter