What are you doing with your tax refund?

We try and get back as little as we can so we have more throughout the year. This year we are still getting a small refund so it will going toward the emergency fund we hope to have done by this summer.

-Def paying on our CC
-possibly putting some of it toward fixing squirrel eaten wires in my car (if it's over $500 though, insurance will pay for it)
-possibly getting a laptop
-possibly buying a new couch
-possibly new tires for DH's car

I think that's it. We try to put our refunds every year toward our CC (right now, it's pretty much maxed...BUT we have like a 10% interest rate so our payments every month do leave us with a bit open on the car every month). Hoping upon hope we can get it paid off so that early next year we can book our Christmas Disney trip. :)

We're getting about $900 more than I thought we'd be getting, so I'm super happy! :cool1:

We need:

-A dining room set
-A new tv for our bedroom

That's all we really need, then I figured we'd put a little in our Car fund, a little in our emergency acct, some for Disney, and some for us!! :yay:

We paid 2/3 of our Disney trip balance, paid all the household bills for February, bought airfare to Disney, a new desktop pc, and upgraded my iPhone to the 4. The rest is in savings.

We got a good chunk back this year.

I am paying off DS#2 tuition for next year (preschool), paid off our one credit card, bought myself some new clothes, new shoes for DH, and the remaining all went into savings. I split what was left into 4 accounts - 25% to vacation, 25% to my boys school savings, 25% to our general savings account, and 25% to our "house" account...which is what we use for home improvements, things that need fixing, etc. Nice to see it all add up.

And, just found out I will be getting over $1000 back from my school for overpayment on my student loans, and my company announced a realllly good profit sharing this year, so I will be getting a nice check from that, too. February has been a good month for my savings accounts.

Some of it will go into our vacation fund, the rest will be going towards bills and savings. Usually we take a bit out to get things like spring/summer clothes for the boys and replace dishes and what not.

I was not expecting to get anything back but because I paid for schooling I could take advantage of the American Opportunity Credit and got back a nice chunk. I got it last friday and put all but $150 into savings. I used the $150 to buy a few items we needed around the house and some new jeans for myself since I have lost weight.

This is fun :-)

We got waayyy more than we expected.

We are making large payment on RV
Buying DD and I season passes for Hershey park this summer
Replaced a dead TV
and all 3 of us get something cool that we would have normally had to pay out of personal allowance money (yes everyone has an allowance, saves worrying about who spent what at starbucks) We are still deciding a limit on this item

Might have enough to get a couple of combo meals at McDonalds. I am filing the state return this weekend and using most of that state refund to pay what we owe to the Chinese, I mean the IRS.

We made over 20K more than we ever have before last year, and underestimated the Fed tax a little.

We over paid taxes on a mutual fund sale so we did better than expected. We paid off all or cc ( they were all small amount) and saved the rest for our down payment for our new dream house!

We're moving to Germany!!....ok well actually the Army is moving us, but we will need a new (used) car when we get there, as well as replacement batteries,spices, cleaning supplies etc that we need to get rid of before we move :( And we are going to Disney with the rest!

I like getting back the smallest amount possible without having to pay. This year it was $20 ..... I'll probably buy 1/2 tank of gas :thumbsup2

About $1000 is going to help "pay off" Disney trip...rest of room only reservation, tickets, and a bit more spending money.

The rest...new computer for DH so I can have his! :woohoo:

Beyond that....don't know. Some in savings for sure.

Mostly paying off bills, but some of it is going towards buying new baby gear. We sold/gave away everything "baby" we had from our girls because we werent planning on having another baby for at least 5 years. SURPRISE...we're expecting at the beginning of Fall! So we have to re-buy everything! And Dh is buying me a new sewing machine for my birthday!

Ours is going in the bank...Husbands contract at work is up in August. If they go on strike it will come in handy. If they don't strike we are refinishing our basement with it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter