What are you doing with your tax refund?

I understand apples to oranges here, I have a tax guy so don't worry that I don't understand how we are taxed here in America...:lmao: but we are getting about 1/2 back this year as what we got back last year...

why?

We make more money.

What were we able to do last year with it?? SSR 2BR over Spring Break for a week with DDP and tickets and driving to FL from the midwest.

PLUS put half towards bills.

This year...

nothing fun...it's really not enough. I was planning on another June WDW trip but we will be going next June/May instead...

so maybe some furniture (got some saved back for that)...

we used to rely heavily on credit, cleaned that up and now NEVER put anything on credit that we cannot afford to pay off immediately. Including furniture, appliances, and even vacations....paid cash for all of those this year and I love the feeling of having everything paid before I bring it home!! Our huge expense is daycare and my car will be paid OFF this year (4 months!!) and now we are working on building a savings account for emergencies, I have a pension plan and a nice 401B....

so we went from the working poor in 2008-09, literally, to taxable and I am very proud of that!! :dance3:

My plan was to get tile for the hall,kitchen and dining area. Plus pay off some small creditcards,some $$ towards a vacation and the rest in savings

BUT....

the new plan is paying off Dh's $4500 creditcard thats 18.24% costin $65 a month in finance charges:sad2:
and maybe tile for the house(depending on cost) and if theres any left then into a savings account.

I'm really thinking of skipping the tile until next year though so we have $$ into a savings account.

I told dh if his debt doesnt go down by next year then no tax more money towards his debt for next year. :sad2:

I have about $2000 saved for emergencies in my savings

DH just asked me what I wanted to do with the money a few days ago.

I laughed and reminded him our 5 month old is probably going to need a VP shunt placed.

So my response was "Brain surgery!" and he pouted and said that was no fun.

I told him the "fun" part is that we'll eat dinner out that night someplace new because we'll be in Pittsburgh. :rotfl:
Not a fun way to spend the money, that's for sure. I hope it all turns out well. He's an adorable little guy!

Tax money out... tax money in...

Paid our property taxes in Dec (out of savings, not escrow)
Put tax refund back into Savings in Feb (to cover what property taxes took out)

Haven't gotten ours done yet because I need the business returns done first - but I'm anticipating around $3000 - and sadly it's going towards cc debt ( and even more sadly, there will still be more!)

I want to join the 501st which is a Star Wars fan organization. I will be buying myself a Star Wars Imperial Navy uniform, all accessories and boots.

The rest will go on my CC.

I wanted to put new carpet in the house, but it'll all go towards our CC debt. No fun!! But I'll be a happy camper once we're finally out from under that. It seems like no matter what we do, we always have $6,000 in credit card debt. :(

One of the biggest blessings I ever did was get rid of credit card debt, this is our 2nd year of not putting tax returns to credit cards!! Unfortunately our tax return is going towards a new ac unit and furnace. I putting the remainder of the money into savings.

Just got the word that we were approved for a new apartment. We move next month!!! So DH gave me permission to use a set amount to DECORATE!!!! :cool1: Super excited!!! Ross here I come!!!!

Have not done the taxes yet (which is unnatural for me!).

We were lucky enough to get a large gift from my Grandma for Christmas. That went to pay off bills/downpayment on a new car/WDW. So, our tax return will go to savings...except for the $300 I pre-spent on a Rug Doctor:)

Ours will make the last payment for our sons 2 week European tour this summer.

I just did ours yesterday and we are getting back pretty much what I thought we would.

federal return- pay for the rest of our disney trip, airfare, kennel/vet cost for dog and spending money for trip. anything left over will go to savings

state return- 2 new tires for my car, new glasses for ds, pay off doctor bill, pay off personal loan, pay for upcoming surgery for ds and what ever else is leftover will go into savings.

I'm hoping we can get season passes for Hershey Park again this year, but will try to save for that instead of using our tax return.

I got a little more back than usual this year ($1500 new window credit) :thumbsup2.... So I will put some in savings, CC's, & put a small dent in our August Disney fund...:cheer2:

I don't think we're getting anything back this year. DH has a side job which is subcontracted - so we don't pay taxes on that income until we file....so that will probably eat up any refund we would have gotten and then some.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter