What are we missing on Main Street?

With the new welcome show there will be more opportunities for early people to browse Main Street and not sacrifice other time in the park.

To me, Main Street, USA is the most Disney place in WDW. I think I could easily spend the entire morning never even getting past the castle. The shops, the entertainment, the details. I just love the atmosphere on Main Street, USA. I'm especially looking forward to seeing it all decked out for Christmas this December (and so glad I can finally say THIS December, LOL!)

My must-do list includes: riding a Main St. vehicle, watching the Philharmonic and the Trolley show, catching the Dapper Dans, hopefully seeing the Mayor and his wife, and definitely watching the glass-blowing at Crystal Arts.

I always regret not spending more time on Main Street. Seems that whenever we get to the Magic Kingdom we need to rush to a ride to make our Fast Pass...and miss out on a chance to watch the Main Street Citizens and the Main Street Philharmonic. Always big regrets after a vacation. Both of those groups make the Magic Kingdom so special to me. Every trip I have to make a promise to myself to s-l-o-w down and enjoy Main Street USA.

I've tried to plan the last few trips to Disney on both coasts so on the last day, right after the fireworks (or right around closing), I hang around up the stairs at the train station and watch everyone file out of the park for a while. It's always been pretty empty when I do it, the crowd thins, and I can take in Main Street without all the craziness of being down in the crowd. Maybe it's kinda cheesy, but I enjoy it.

We do the same thing - the Train Station platform is where we hang around to watch the kiss goodnight.

Favorite spot to relax is the alley between the jewellery store and crystal arts, there are a few tables and chairs back there and if you're lucky you hear a singing lesson happening on the second floor.

....... with our favourite flavour of of ice cream from the Plaza - so relaxing!

To me, Main Street, USA is the most Disney place in WDW. I think I could easily spend the entire morning never even getting past the castle. The shops, the entertainment, the details. I just love the atmosphere on Main Street, USA. I'm especially looking forward to seeing it all decked out for Christmas this December (and so glad I can finally say THIS December, LOL!)

Agree 100%. Main Street USA is by far the most magical place on WDW property. pixiedust:

My advice - Slow down and enjoy folks!

We usually stop by the confectionery at least once per visit, and not necessarily to buy any candy. It's just interesting to see the open kitchen and how they make things like toffee bars, Mickey caramel apples, and more.

This! #Yum

I love the Windows on Main Street - the Legend windows and the decorated ones for the stores. The ones for the stores change often and are fun to look at.

Once I was looking at the Legend Windows and a tour guide CM stopped by and started talking to me about them. I knew who it was by the outfit - plus he was my tour guide for a tour on a past trip. LOL After 10 minutes or so he told me I should take the Keys to the Kingdom tour and went on his way.

I still have never taken that tour........

Back in April, my DH, DD, and I were headed into MK for a PPO breakfast at CP right around 8:00am. The vehicle was empty, there was no wait, and one of the vehicle operators asked us if we wanted a ride. I told them we were headed to CP and they said they could drop us off, so we got on. A couple right behind us was also headed to CP and decided to ride along. It was so much fun! I had no clue what the "procedure" was for riding the Main Street vehicles before that day, but I was so glad the CM encouraged us to ride.

Just realized I never responded to your awesome tip! I have often wondered what the procedure is too - definitely on my "To Do" list for April! Sounds so fun!

Just a note - if you miss the glass blower on Main Street, you can catch the one at Disney Springs in the Arabas shop. Unless it's moved in the last year, it's right next to where the old Guest Services was behind the Ghirardelli chocolate shop.

We were hanging out on one of the side streets at a table having a snack while some members of our group were shopping, and suddenly we heard someone singing scales. We looked up and on the second level there was a sign that said "Singing Lessons" next to a window! It was so fun! I've never sat long enough on Main Street to notice some of those little details.

I love this thread and reading all about the nooks and crannies of Main Street!

One of my most favorite memories is discovering the alley that some other members above have already mentioned. It was a few years back after the park had closed, and we were slowly moseying out.

We turned into this alley and NO ONE was back there. We could hear all of the special effects from the windows above...the singing lesson, tap dancing lesson, and music! It was so magical and peaceful. I almost felt like we weren't supposed to be back there!

But that's the beauty of Disney...details, details everywhere. Never be afraid to wander. Poke around. Look deeper. If you're not supposed to be there, don't worry, a cast member will politely redirect you. ::yes::

There is a guy who hand cuts silhouettes on the "side street". If you're heading to the castle from the entrance, he's on your right, about 1/2 way down the street. It's really inexpensive and we will cherish that forever. We did the 3 of us. We got a copy and I framed it for my mom for Christmas.

The Plaza ice cream shop has a peanut butter sauce that will knock you down. It's so amazing.

I also second Tink. Great meet n great.

Does anyone know if the silhouette guy is out before park opening now that Main STreet is open early?

We had silhouettes of each of our daughters made on each of their first trips when they were 2. They are so good and were very cheap. Maybe $8 and you could purchase a frame. We stumbled across it with our first daughter and I couldn't wait for my second daughters. A very special keepsake!

I 'love' Main street, and all the ambiance of just strolling down it taking it all in. Would not miss it ever, even though we don't usually do it first thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter