Westjet At IT AGAIN

So I just looked and the flight I was on in May was cancelled. But we were moved to one an hour earlier ( which actually works better for me) .

However I can’t see our seats anymore and that bugs me. I paid for them and I specifically chose the ones I did. Is my only option to schedule a call back and see where they are putting us now? It won’t let me change them online. Anyone else have any experience with this ?

Ugh, our direct flight in May was cancelled (without notice to us) and now we're on a flight with a tight layover in Toronto. Definitely not ideal but at this point, every other flight option is way more expensive. This is the third time Westjet has done this to us, so after this trip, I'm thinking I'll never book with them again. Terrible customer service.

So I just looked and the flight I was on in May was cancelled. But we were moved to one an hour earlier ( which actually works better for me) .

However I can’t see our seats anymore and that bugs me. I paid for them and I specifically chose the ones I did. Is my only option to schedule a call back and see where they are putting us now? It won’t let me change them online. Anyone else have any experience with this ?

That happened to us when they changed our flights. A few days later our seats showed up and the change seats option was back.

They totally cancelled the one flight, onl alternative that whole week now is an overnight in Toronto :( I guess since a slower time? If we were going for Easter those flights are still good. Argh! Maybe if anything we can leave a day earlier now to make up for lost time…
They will definitely let you change your out-bound flight if you want and if your original return flight was completely cancelled, you are entitled to a cash refund, NOT just a credit. Maybe try getting your money back and booking on another carrier. Good luck! :hug:

Heads up — I just had 3 flights for June changed in my WJ app this morning. One was just a few minutes, no biggie. One decently changed but still can make it work. And the other outright cancelled; now to figure out an alternative. And of course after I booked them a couple of weeks ago all at very good pricing.
Ugh, our direct flight in May was cancelled (without notice to us) and now we're on a flight with a tight layover in Toronto. Definitely not ideal but at this point, every other flight option is way more expensive. This is the third time Westjet has done this to us, so after this trip, I'm thinking I'll never book with them again. Terrible customer service.
That’s how I feel too. They’ve cancelled my flights a few times now so I can’t seem to get away from them. Even with my travel credits, I booked with another airline because I can’t stand the stress with WJ anymore.

They will definitely let you change your out-bound flight if you want and if your original return flight was completely cancelled, you are entitled to a cash refund, NOT just a credit. Maybe try getting your money back and booking on another carrier. Good luck! :hug:
Hmm, would that work for me? They cancelled the flight I was on ( one way) and moved me back 1.5 hours. If I can get a cash refund I would happily take it and fly out of Buffalo instead.

Hmm, would that work for me? They cancelled the flight I was on ( one way) and moved me back 1.5 hours. If I can get a cash refund I would happily take it and fly out of Buffalo instead.
Call and ask. I actually got through to the call centre in a very reasonable time (about a 30 minute wait on hold) last week. The Rep was efficient and knowledgeable and I got exactly what I wanted accomplished in short order. Best experience of it's kind I've had since pre-Covid. :)

We had some May changes that I discovered in the app, no email.

The best thing I’ve learned is that when they change your flight to something completely unworkable for your plans (ie. not just the few minutes here or there type of changes) then picking new options usually won’t end up costing you money. Even if the new flights cost more, they’ll usually just put you on them because the change wasn’t your fault.

We had one non-Disney trip in May where the outbound was canceled entirely, since it was supposed to be a short trip and they cancelled one of the only two flights to GCM each week. Changed dates a bit to enable us to do a full week instead of a long weekend and I know the new flights would have been more but there was no charge. And for the other May change, where they’d changed my mom from one layover to two, they had to cancel and rebook since the new shorter route contained a Delta flight, but on that one the price went down so I ended up with some WJ$ and travel bank refunded.

If you’re polite and friendly with the agents, they’ll generally do whatever they can to help solve the issue. Yes, every once in a while you get Agent CrankyPants, but I leave the call and try again later in that case. It’s just important to remember that the poor phone agents aren’t the ones that made the mess, but they’re stuck hearing the complaints and cleaning it up.

I just wanted to update. I couldn’t cancel for a refund because the current federal aviation rules have changed back. It has to be 3 or more hours that the flight was moved by. The agent was great though and made sure we got the same seats we had.

For August I opted to fly out of Seattle. Only a 3 hr drive for me and I have extended family to overnight with as our flight is at 9am. We’ll drive down the night before. Whenever my daughter gets off work.
We fly Alaska. The problems have been for the YVR - SeaTac connection with all the flight changes. So until things get back to normal I’m not trusting the connections. It’s a direct flight from SeaTac.
Bonus is we don’t need to test driving into the US! So saving $ on testing plus cheaper flights!
I did check last night to see if there was any flight changes. Only a 5 min change for arrival.

Just happened to go into my account and noticed all our flights for August are cancelled (Newfoundland to MCO). No email, no idea when they were cancelled. They rescheduled them but now instead of 2 hour layovers we have 13.5 and 16.5 hour layovers. Sigh. Mostly pissed that there was no email, like tell me that you have completely changed the day I'm leaving.
Like someone else mentioned, now I can't see my seats, nor does it give me info. I have to schedule a call back just to see if I still have the premium seats we paid for. It's been 3 years since I booked these tickets originally, I'm slowly losing my mind over this and Westjet isn't helping.

Just got an alert that my Delta/WJ codeshare flight MCO-YWG May 25 has been changed, and I cannot make my connection. Opted for the call-back (1hr 24mins estimate) and now I wait. 🙄
FYI: I was at the 2hr 30min mark with no callback. I pulled up my reservation in the app, and noticed a tiny "change flight" button on the impacted connection. I was suspicious because all the alternate flights were MUCH more expensive now than they had been when I booked. I gave it a try though, and it artificially populated each flight with the same price I had paid (I know the current prices were different because I had another window open). I was able to change it myself with no extra fees. I got my confirmation email JUST as the Delta agent called me back 😆

Anyway, I tell this long-winded story because everywhere I looked the info said "you have to call us" yet I was able to change it online. Not sure if non-codeshare WJ flights will be the same, but worth perusing the website/app and your reservation just in case 🤷‍♀️

Well add us to the list. Our YYZ-YHZ flight for July just got bumped from 8am to 6 am ugh. Not the end of the world but man I hate that first flight of the day!

Just happened to go into my account and noticed all our flights for August are cancelled (Newfoundland to MCO). No email, no idea when they were cancelled. They rescheduled them but now instead of 2 hour layovers we have 13.5 and 16.5 hour layovers. Sigh. Mostly pissed that there was no email, like tell me that you have completely changed the day I'm leaving.
Like someone else mentioned, now I can't see my seats, nor does it give me info. I have to schedule a call back just to see if I still have the premium seats we paid for. It's been 3 years since I booked these tickets originally, I'm slowly losing my mind over this and Westjet isn't helping.
We are booked for NL too. Booked air Canada because I have no trust in Westjet anymore. They sure are destroying their reputation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter