Westjet At IT AGAIN

After reading this thread, checked our flights for December from Toronto. Our flight home is no longer on our reservation, and I cannot find it on their booking system. No email and nothing on our booking about how we are getting home. On hold for 8 hours yesterday and did not get to speak to anyone. Had to finally hang up at 11:00 last night to go to bed. Going to have to try again today

Looks like WJ just changed/cancelled our December flights. We have 3 different reservations for our family group. Only got an email for one. If we cancel and rebook, the price is 3X what we paid.

Call and have them make the change. One person can do all the bookings if you know the email, phone number, etc as well as the booking number and name. If it’s because of their change they should put you on the new flight for what you paid for the original.

We had half of one of our December flights cancelled entirely, the outbound, and when we called to rebook premium was full on the new flight and economy cost the same as what we had paid for premium. The rep booked us in the economy and then said to watch for seats opening up in premium and call to switch. If nothing opens up, we are supposed to fill in an online “downgrade” form and then that department would issue a credit/refund for the fare difference.

They have cancelled my direct Toronto to Orlando once and the return twice in December. I was told it is free for me to change the flight time within 24hrs of my flight time.

Looks like WJ just changed/cancelled our December flights. We have 3 different reservations for our family group. Only got an email for one. If we cancel and rebook, the price is 3X what we paid.
I had a similar experience with flights from Calgary to Vancouver return, this September. Keep trying until you get an actual CSR on the phone and insist (politely but firmly) that you want similar flights for the same price you paid. If you already know the flight numbers you want, that helps. If the CSR you talk to says (s)he isn't able to do it, ask to speak to whoever is able, and be persistent. I was satisfied with the resolution I got but I doubt I would have been if I hadn't taken the initiative.

I think mine changed too, I will try and figure it out later today. At this point we have flights with west jet and JetBlue out if Syracuse and that’s prob the route we will go anyways ..

I have no idea whats up with them. We have direct Pearson to MCO got first direct flight for like 7am. It then changed to 10am but i figured the issues with customs and covid made sense. But now every week it keeps going 10mins later. Unsure what it will be by time Nov 29 rolls around.

You and I are on the same flight from Pearson. I am also leaving on the 29th, returning on December 6th. I was not happy when they bumped the return flight back from MCO to 1:40PM. I wish they’d change the departing flight to earlier, but the returning to later so we could have more park time.

I just checked my flights for early January and they are still the same but my daughter and her fiancé had a change on their flight home by 3 hours. The time works out better for them.

The big issue for me is that I’ve already booked a car service which would be an inconvenience to change a bunch of times. But what about people with car rentals ? They are astronomical right now, and changing them last minute because of westjet will make them even worse cost wise.

Just had our return flight back early January to Pearson bumped from 21:40 to 13:50, and like pigletto it works out much better for us.

Only booked the later flight as at the time they wanted something like $400/head more for the earlier departure time :-).

Our flight home dec 27 got moved up 20 minutes. Not a big deal but hoping this isn't a trend and we don't have more changes coming! first time giving Westjet a try in many years so hoping I don't regret it.

Our flight home dec 27 got moved up 20 minutes. Not a big deal but hoping this isn't a trend and we don't have more changes coming! first time giving Westjet a try in many years so hoping I don't regret it.

I wouldn't worry too much; at this point the airline needs to firm up it's departure and arrival windows with the airports so I would assume you're locked in unless there's a weather or maintenance delay.

WestJet just emailed and cancelled our return flight home in early January, they changed our flight to two days after our original date. I’m worried now, can they change the flights dates again?

WestJet just emailed and cancelled our return flight home in early January, they changed our flight to two days after our original date. I’m worried now, can they change the flights dates again?

Yup.

I don’t understand why it takes them 3 days to send the email after a change, it should be instant.

Mine was minor, pushed 30 minutes later. I’m sure I’ll get an email again for my return when they adjust February flights pushing that one 30 mins later.

But what about people with car rentals ? They are astronomical right now, and changing them last minute because of westjet will make them even worse cost wise.

Just had this happen today with Swoop - which I just remembered is under the WestJet umbrella. My flight in to Orlando now lands after the car rental place closes... Not super impressed.

I don’t understand why it takes them 3 days to send the email after a change, it should be instant.

Mine was minor, pushed 30 minutes later. I’m sure I’ll get an email again for my return when they adjust February flights pushing that one 30 mins later.

You are lucky if you got an email. Many people don’t even get notified when their flights change. And this isn’t a covid thing. They did this to use a flight pre covid.

Just an update. WJ cancelled our short flight to Calgary. It took them 3 days to email and a few more days to assign us new flights. Looks like they changed to a smaller plane and the timing only changed by 10-30 minutes. Happy it is all sorted

We want to book WJ for our Florida trip in Feb. We want to use at least one of the companion fares before it gets cancelled. I told dh we are just going to have to watch like hawks and double check each week on our flights so we have no surprises when we get ready to leave

Make sure that if you do have a change and you need to get ahold of them you start early.. Ive now waited for 2.5 hours (system hung up), 3.5 Hours (I hung up, couldn't stay awake, it was 12:30am. Dialed in at 7:30am MST, after 4 hours the system automatically tried to send me to a call back for NEXT Saturday. Dialed in again at 11:30am MST, its currently 5:00pm and still on hold.. If I wasn't a 5 hour round trip to the Airport I might just stop by there and see if anyone there could help.

Make sure that if you do have a change and you need to get ahold of them you start early.. Ive now waited for 2.5 hours (system hung up), 3.5 Hours (I hung up, couldn't stay awake, it was 12:30am. Dialed in at 7:30am MST, after 4 hours the system automatically tried to send me to a call back for NEXT Saturday. Dialed in again at 11:30am MST, its currently 5:00pm and still on hold.. If I wasn't a 5 hour round trip to the Airport I might just stop by there and see if anyone there could help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter