• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

We're Graduating High School, Spring Break - Mishaps, Mayhem & Magic! *COMLETE*SEE YA REAL SOON! 7/8

Ok... I'm back and finally read through the updates.

Welcome back! :goodvibes

I guess somebody always has to be the responsible one.

Yeah especially with a trip like this. If anything went wrong, I was the one they turned to....

I like this plan. I'd want to do the same thing rather than wait around for bags to show up eventually. I guess it all depends. Maybe if I was doing DME and going straight to the parks I'd let them deal with it, but I tend to be anxious about making sure my bags come off the belt at the airport before I want to leave!

Exactly, since we had an afternoon flight, we were going straight back to the resort. If we were going to a park, I would have thought about DME delivering our bags to AoA. It just gave me piece of mind having all of our luggage in one place when we arrived there.

Um... you probably weren't old enough to rent one anyway. :rolleyes1

Your absolutely correct, none of us were, and still aren't! It was just something good to tell them. Gosh, if any of us tried to drive down there, I could only imagine what would happen...it would have not ended well! :rotfl:

Looks like a good start! I'm looking forward to seeing what's not supposed to happen when you check in... :scared:

Oh yeah, it's pretty interesting all right, partly my fault, but mostly just overall bad luck! :confused3

following! - I turn 18 in January and I am going in May for a birthday trip. Love your backpack and can't wait to see what you get up to! xx

Day 1 - Part 2
We can Fly - but not through check in! :sad2:

So when I last left off, my friends and I were walking into AoA, exhausted and ready to check in and go to the room! It was about 6pm, as I think I can recall
SO we walk over to the check in desk (we did not check in online).

*A note about our check in, Since were were splitting the price of the room 6 ways, earlier in the trip I had to find the best possible way for all of us to pay for the room. After talking to multiple CMs on the phone, I decided that my 5 friends would pay for their share once we got ot the resort. My share had been taken care of when initially booking the room for the week. I figured this was the easiest option, but I found out later my friends could have called up Disney and paid with their credit card that way! A rookie mistake on the subject of group travel...*

Which brings me to the problem of the whole process of check in:

So my friends paid in various forms of payment, which was fine with the resort (I had confirmed prior to check in). I explained our whole situation of what we were doing to our lovely CM named Patty. :lovestruc She was THE BEST! She split up what remained for our stay. (As I learned the night before, Caroline already paid for her share on the phone a few nights before so she was done) KellyAnn paid with her credit card first, which went fine. Danielle then tried to pay with her debit card, this is when things got bad.

Danielle's card wasn't going through. Patty explained that sometimes when you use a card away on vacation and don't call the card company, the card might not work. So, she said Danielle would have to call the credit card company. While she was trying to call them to see if they could take the block off her card, Natalie and Alessa paid their share,. Thankfully, they were both paying in cash, so their transactions were fine.

After they were through, Danielle had been contacting her parents for her card info and such. She also kept calling the credit card company. This took about 30 mins.:sad2: Danielle was very upset by this whole thing, apologizing to me and everyone. I calmed her down, saying it was fine and it would all work out.
*Everyone was getting very stressed at this point , especially, one of my friends, who I will not mention, was practically yelling at me like this was all my fault. Now I am a person who does not snap back at my friends often, but in the moment, I was being blamed for something that was not my entire fault, so I told her to calm down as well, in a sightly harsh voice. It was neccessary, trust me! ::yes::* Honestly, I was stressed too. This was the last thing I wanted to happen when we first arrived to Disney! I tried my best to keep calm.

Back to Danielle! Long story short She then learned the problem with her card was it only had a $400 limit per day, and she owed about $500 as her share. She got the block off her card and was able to pay. Patty was able to set up that Danielle's debit card would be able to charge the $400 the first night and then the rest of the payment the second night.

This was music in my ears! :worship: After being at check in (including the line, and at the desk) for just under an hour, I was so relieved to finally be finished and have everything worked out! At this point is was after 7pm. Patty really saved the day though. She was calm and sweet the whole time and was very helpful. I couldn't thank her enough. She gave us our celebration pins and magic bands (I ordered too late so they had to be delivered to the resort) and we were on our way to the room!

Lets's just say Patty brought the magic to our group after a stressful situationpixiedust: It's CMs like her that make Disney as amazing as it always it!

Patty had such neat handwriting and did a great job writing on our pins - :lovestruc
IMG_3266.jpg

Along the way to our building we saw our lovely mascot Crush!
IMG_0845.jpg
(the picture was taken later in the week lol)

This is the hallway:
IMG_1127.jpg
(also taken later in the week!)

FINALLY, we arrived to our lovely Finding Nemo Suite!

IMG_1981.jpg

Room 5612! :jumping1:

**continued in next post with room pictures!***

Attachments

• IMG_1982.jpg
    IMG_1982.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Day 1 - Part 2 (continued)
We Can Fly! - But not through check in!

As we entered our lovely room #5612, we were immersed into the magic of a home that would be ours for the next week!

***I had to quickly take these pictures since all my friends were very tired and wanted to get settled in!***

IMG_0071.jpg
This was the master bedroom. Caroline and I slept in this room the whole week. The bed you see is a queen bed, and I can say it was very comfortable for the whole week we were there. The Tv was right in front of us and the master bathroom was to the right of us in this picture. I do not have a picture of the bathroom but it was very nice and very normal looking.

IMG_0079.jpg
Of course I saw this on our bed and was very excited! :goodvibes

IMG_0074.jpg
This was the kitchenette. It was right off the living room. It was great! As you can see we had a fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker and it came with plenty of paper goods! IMHO this is one of the best things about the suite! ::yes::

IMG_0075.jpg

This is part of the living room. That was a comfy chair and that was the TV obviously lol. :rotfl:

IMG_0076.jpg
This is the couch in the living room and the nice school of fish above it. I thought I had a better picture of it, but this will have to do. Alessa and Danielle slept on this every night and had no problems with it, they said it was very comfotable. Every day when we were out of the room and got the room cleaned, Mousekeeping always folded the couch back up for us, which was great! We were able to use the room as an actual room then!:thumbsup2

IMG_0077.jpg
This was the famous table bed pulled out! I don't have a picture of the table itself, but it was orange, and what you would expect though! KellyAnn and Natalie slept on this bed and loved it! I honestly think this is the best bed, since you have the beautiful picture of Nemo and Merlin above you! KellyAnn and Natalie were so excited they were able to sleep in their own anemone for the week! ;)

IMG_0078.jpg
This is the second bathroom, it was right when we walked in, as was the table/bed. I love this shower curtain!:goodvibes

IMG_0080.JPG
This was the sink, I love this detailing! I would give the whole room an A+ for detailing and theming!:thumbsup2

After checking out the room and getting settled in, we wee all exhausted and my friends were very hungry. I was honestly not hungry, I think due to the whole stress of checkin and was feeling a bit nauseous. I was fine, I just needed to relax a bit! ::yes::

Caroline, KellyAnn, Danielle, and Alessa all went to get food from the food court. Natlie decided to come with me to Bell Hop serives o pick up our Garden Grocer Order. We walked over and I told the Bellhop my name and our room number. Natalie and I then went to the food court to get food. When everyone got back to the room, we ate and then the bellhop came. She brought us our Garden Grocer order which consisted of:

• 3 packs of water (my friends love drinking water lol ::yes::
  • a few bananas
  • a pack of strawberries
  • a 1/2 gallon of milk
  • a box of honey nut cherrios
  • a box of cocoa puffs
  • a box of cinnamon toast crunch
Basically we got all breakfast foods sent to the room! I was very happy with Garden Grocer, and would definitely use them again in the future! I 100% recommend it to everyone! Buying all this breakfast food in advance was great and saved us a lot of money on the trip! :thumbsup2

After we all ate, we went straight to bed. Our first day had been pretty stressful, but we were finally in Disney, and all very happy - for the most part.:rotfl:

Now, I couldn't be too stressed, because I was finally back home. And I mean who could be stressed when they have this beautiful view outside of their window!

IMG_0082.jpg
Our lovely sister resort, POP was right across the way! I didn't know we had a lake view!:lovestruc This night was getting better and better already! ::yes::

All in all, even with the stressful travel day, we were all excited for what was to come tomorrow, a day full of Magic! pixiedust:

Last edited:
After they were through, Danielle had been contacting her parents for her card info and such. She also kept calling the credit card company. This took about 30 mins.:sad2: Danielle was very upset by this whole thing, apologizing to me and everyone. I calmed her down, saying it was fine and it would all work out.
*Everyone was getting very stressed at this point , especially, one of my friends, who I will not mention, was practically yelling at me like this was all my fault. Now I am a person who does not snap back at my friends often, but in the moment, I was being blamed for something that was not my entire fault, so I told her to calm down as well, in a sightly harsh voice. It was neccessary, trust me! ::yes::* Honestly, I was stressed too. This was the last thing I wanted to happen when we first arrived to Disney! I tried my best to keep calm.
Oh wow... definitely not a good way to start things off!

This was music in my ears! :worship: After being at check in (including the line, and at the desk) for just under an hour, I was so relieved to finally be finished and have everything worked out! At this point is was after 7pm. Patty really saved the day though. She was calm and sweet the whole time and was very helpful. I couldn't thank her enough.
Well, it stinks that it took so long, but I'm glad that Patty was able to be so helpful and get everything to work out for you. Hopefully things get better from this point on!

This was the sink, I love this detailing! I would give the whole room an A+ for detailing and theming!:thumbsup2
::yes:: They did an absolutely phenomenal job on this resort. It is incredible!

After we all ate, we went straight to bed. Our first day had been pretty stressful, but we were finally in Disney, and all very happy - for the most part.:rotfl:

Now, I couldn't be too stressed, because I was finally back home. And I mean who could be stressed when they have this beautiful view outside of their window!
That's a good way to put it all in perspective! Yes, things could have gone a little bit smoother, but in the end, you've made it to Disney World!

Just caught up and so happy to be here! Can't wait to hear about the rest of your trip!

fullsizerender-jpg.111897

I think I've said this to you before, but YOUR HAIR. The colour AND the length is just :lovestruc

While there I saw a Dylan's candy bar - yum!:goodvibes
img_0038-jpg.111899

Oh yay! I remember this from when I visited NYC! Thanks for the extra non-Disney nostalgia :thumbsup2

Eeeep! :hyper: The Magical Express gets me SO excited!!! Even photos of the bus on TRs makes me feel all giddy!

*Everyone was getting very stressed at this point , especially, one of my friends, who I will not mention, was practically yelling at me like this was all my fault. Now I am a person who does not snap back at my friends often, but in the moment, I was being blamed for something that was not my entire fault, so I told her to calm down as well, in a sightly harsh voice. It was neccessary, trust me! ::yes::*

Ugh this is annoying. Why on earth would this be your fault?! I guess some people do get particularly stressed out on travel days. Hopefully it didn't put a downer on your first night!

LOVE these pictures!! The Finding Nemo suite is so precious!

And this is the most adorable picture ever :lovestruc

Can't wait to hear more!

I'm a little late but I'm all caught up now. This looks like it will be a great trip. I also just graduated and took a celebration trip in June. I have also traveled with my friends before and found I had a similar problem; we had 2 that had never been, one that had been a couple of times and knew the big things, and me, the expert. I felt like there were a couple of time that if something didn't happen according to plan or I wasn't' quite sure about something then they got upset with me because they felt like I was suppose to be this all knowing Disney fanatic. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!

Ok im here to answer some replies lol!

Oh wow... definitely not a good way to start things off!

Yes, you are right, definitely not what I was expecting to happen, but you live and you learn!

Well, it stinks that it took so long, but I'm glad that Patty was able to be so helpful and get everything to work out for you. Hopefully things get better from this point on!

Yes!!! Patty was wonderful, she saved the day.

They did an absolutely phenomenal job on this resort. It is incredible!

:thumbsup2
That's a good way to put it all in perspective! Yes, things could have gone a little bit smoother, but in the end, you've made it to Disney World!

Yup, that always makes things better :goodvibes

I think I've said this to you before, but YOUR HAIR. The colour AND the length is just :lovestruc

Thank you Katie, you are such a sweetheart! :goodvibes

Oh yay! I remember this from when I visited NYC! Thanks for the extra non-Disney nostalgia :thumbsup2

Your welcome! :D

Eeeep! :hyper: The Magical Express gets me SO excited!!! Even photos of the bus on TRs makes me feel all giddy!
I know!!!! The same thing happens to me, it just reminds me more of how I want to be there so badly!

Ugh this is annoying. Why on earth would this be your fault?! I guess some people do get particularly stressed out on travel days. Hopefully it didn't put a downer on your first night!

No, when I'm in disney, nothing can truly put a downer on me - but some people are just over dramatic all the time, and it drives me crazy!!!

LOVE these pictures!! The Finding Nemo suite is so precious!
Yes the rooms were beautiful, I would love to stay there again one day

And this is the most adorable picture ever :lovestruc
I know, too precious :-)
I'm a little late but I'm all caught up now. This looks like it will be a great trip. I also just graduated and took a celebration trip in June. I have also traveled with my friends before and found I had a similar problem; we had 2 that had never been, one that had been a couple of times and knew the big things, and me, the expert. I felt like there were a couple of time that if something didn't happen according to plan or I wasn't' quite sure about something then they got upset with me because they felt like I was suppose to be this all knowing Disney fanatic. Can't wait to read about the rest of your trip!

Welcome! :wave2:
Thank you for understanding, it's pretty difficult being in a situation like that - you want everything to go right, but being a person who knows disney you know things do happen and you just have to deal. And then theres some people who are just over dramatic and the littlest things bother them and they go crazy!:confused3 Oh well, let them be i suppose!!::yes::

Thanks for joining along with me! :goodvibes

Wow its been a long time since I've updated my TR! Life has just been super busy - with school and such. But I'm back, and plan on trying to update this as much as possible!
Away we go!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2 - Part 1
BEST DAY EVER - Stepping through the Land of Fantasy!

Today was the day! My friends and I were off to - in my opinion the best place in the world!

:woohoo::goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibesTHE MAGIC KINGDOM!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes:woohoo:

I was so excited, as were my friends. They weren't totally at my level of excitement yet because since all of them hadn't been there in so long they didn't know what to expect. It was also our first park day! Me on the other hand - I was off the wall excited...like c'mon - it's the Magic Kingdom!!!:cool1:

The night before I made sure we all got to bed - because I knew we would be waking up early and it was going to be a long day. I also wanted to get there for RD which was at 8am. My intention was to get there for the Welcome show, as I've never seen it before...but that didn't work out so well...

We got up at around 6:30. Then we all had to get ready....which for 6 girls would be interesting lol.;)

6 girls had to get their hair done. Some showered. Getting dressed. Makeup.

and then breakfast! :rotfl2:

By around 7:25 I was pushing everyone out the door - because we had a bus to catch! We got down to the bus and only had to wait about 5-10 mins!

****Side note we had very good luck with the busses for the entire trip!***

We were on the bus by 7:35 and we were off! We got to MK around 8am ... so sadly we missed the Welcome show. I knew on the bus we were not going to make it, but one can dream!

We walked past the turnstiles and finally saw this beautiful sight.IMG_0086.JPG

We kept walking and then

I could feel the tears start to come ... and I had my friends behind me saying "Don't cry Alison, it's ok."

And then.
IMG_0193.jpg
The tears. I was finally home :goodvibes

Best view in the world

FullSizeRender.jpg

My friends were amazed as well. Everyone stood there in amazement for a few moments. We were soaking in all of the magic.
We were walking right down the middle of Main St! It made us all smile with glee.:goodvibes

But then - I knew we had to get moving. We did come to RD for a reason, and that reason was to be able to go on some wonderful rides without some waits! I guided my friends and we walked right through Cinderella's castle - heading to Fantasyland!
We were going to head to a ride I knew had just gotten a very nice referbishment

Peter Pan!
I had been reading the ride queue had been recently redone so I was so excited to go and see it. I also knew that the ride would get very busy as the day went on, so I thought it was a good place to start.

When we arrived, there was only a 15 min wait listed, so it was basically a walk on!
We walked on inside excited for our trip through Neverland!

(Sorry for the quality of these pictures, the lighting inside isn't the best!)

Such a magical shot. I would love to have this picture in my room!!!
IMG_0092.JPG

Mr. and Mrs. Darling.
IMG_0096.jpg

Nana :lovestruc
IMG_0097.jpg
Wendy, John and Michael
IMG_0098.jpg
The children'es bedroom. I love how realistic it looks!!:goodvibes
IMG_0099.jpg
And the effects inside are amazing as well. Tons of shadows and lights and such!
IMG_0100.jpg
I see some Pixie Dust...you know who that is!:tink:
IMG_0105.jpg

We had a wonderful ride through Neverland. I love Peter Pan's Flight!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I did not take any actual ride pictures, because as hard as I try, they never seem to come out good!:confused3

After we finished everyone exclaimed how they absolutely loved it. Everyone was freaking out over how cool the ride was - and it was only our first! :rotfl2: KellyAnn told me that since it was our first ride of the trip it had special meaning. I agreed with her completely!:goodvibes

We didn't have to go far for our next spell of fun - because it was just a few steps away!!

I bet you can guess - it IS the Happiest boat ride that ever sailed! :rotfl:

(continued in the next post):thumbsup2

Joining in! Can't wait to read more! We were at AoA this month and we really enjoyed it! Great theming everywhere you turn at the resort! :D

Wow its been a long time since I've updated my TR!
::yes::

Welcome back! I hope school is going well!

I could feel the tears start to come ... and I had my friends behind me saying "Don't cry Alison, it's ok."
I think we've all been there. :rolleyes1

We had a wonderful ride through Neverland. I love Peter Pan's Flight!:goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes I did not take any actual ride pictures, because as hard as I try, they never seem to come out good!:confused3
Excellent choice for a first ride. I'm glad you got to check out the new queue!

Joining in! Can't wait to read more! We were at AoA this month and we really enjoyed it! Great theming everywhere you turn at the resort! :D
Thanks for being here! :goodvibes

Joining in!
Hi! Thanks for joining me!!:goodvibes
::yes::

Welcome back! I hope school is going well!

Thank you!! And yes school is going well. :)

I think we've all been there. :rolleyes1

Yes I believe so, but no one should be ashamed though, we are just greeting our home!:thumbsup2

Excellent choice for a first ride. I'm glad you got to check out the new queue!

Thanks! Yeah I thought so too. Knowing that MK was going to get a lot busier that day, I knew we should start with something that was going to have a long wait later. My friends also love Peter Pan, so everyone was in agreement that it would be a good one to start with! :goodvibes

Totally joining along for this trip report!

My kids totally want to stay at Art of Animation! I don't know if they would ever be able to decide between the different themes though. The Nemo suites are absolutely adorable!

Totally joining along for this trip report!
My kids totally want to stay at Art of Animation! I don't know if they would ever be able to decide between the different themes though. The Nemo suites are absolutely adorable!

Thanks for being here!!! :) Yes, my friends and I absolutely loved AoA! Yes, I know choosing is very hard. hat we loved about Nemo though, is that it was right near everything, the lobby, gift shop, food court, busses. And what's great about the resort is you can visit all the other sections and pools! I will be posting more pictures from our adventures with that!:goodvibes If you have any questions at all feel free to PM or ask me right on here!

Joining in! Never stayed on Disney property the couple of times I've been, but I think we're finally going to next trip! :)
Thank you for being here!! Yes, staying on Disney property is awesome!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter