Went too hard at MK yesterday...owwwww...need advice

It's likely only muscle soreness. I'd power through with lots of sitting breaks, after taking Ibuprofen and a hot bath.

Eat a couple bananas for potassium and some nuts for magnesium. Both will help your muscles relax and repair. I did this at Stone Mountain many years ago and I was in such pain, I crawled in my mom's lap and cried. 4 bananas, some Aleve and a couple handfuls of nuts later and I was able to do Six Flags without much pain and I ate more bananas and nuts before bed and didn't get cramped up the next day.

If you can make it to a large grocery store or pharmacy, Arnicare gel works great for bruises and sore feet, and I have heard good things about the Arnicare homeopathic pills. The gel worked wonders for my husband's foot when someone pushed something heavy over his foot last year just before a Disney trip and left it horribly bruised and swollen. It was still bruised, but didn't hurt. I tried it a few days later on my feet after making the mistake of trying new shoes and inserts on the trip. It completely took away the pain, and my feet felt great for the rest of the vacation. I also stopped wearing those inserts in the new running shoes. I am definitely packing it again next time.

Are you just sore, or do you have blisters? For soreness, I completely agree with everyone else about Aleve, it is wonderful for muscle soreness.
For blisters, which my wife is prone to getting, cover your feet in Vaseline, double up on socks, and try to walk as slowly as possible.
Let everyone know how it goes and have fun!

ditto for me.. you need to get moving and ibuprofen will take the edge off so you can. Ibuprofen is free at first aid if you didnt' know. they will give you 2 doses.

When my legs are killing me, I start by stretching, and keep stretching every chance I get. I take my prescription ibuprofen (800mg every 4 hours) and then keep moving. Like Aleve, ibuprofen is a non-steriodal anti-inflammatory, which should help those aching muscles.

Get out there, girl, EPCOT is waiting for you! Cue Rocky music again. Actually, YouTube Rocky 2 training montage. You will be jogging to the bus stop by the end! (I'm only slightly less obsessed with Rocky than I am with Disney.)

Seriously though, like everyone else said, get some form of NSAID on board, work out the kinks, and take it easy. Hope you have an AWESOME EPCOT day! :flower1:

I'm so worried about this for my trip in a month. I hope it's just soreness and not blisters. I'm bringing some foot massage thing and some good foot lotion. And of course Aleve. Hot tub and ice packs helped me the last time.

I'm so worried about this for my trip in a month. I hope it's just soreness and not blisters. I'm bringing some foot massage thing and some good foot lotion. And of course Aleve. Hot tub and ice packs helped me the last time.
Moleskin. Get some moleskin and put it in your suitcase now.
I keep it and some of that wrap that sticks to itself. Forget the name, but they use it when you give blood. Anyway, I'll put the moleskin on backwards, so the soft side is against my skin and then put a layer of the wrap on to hold it on. That has saved me several times when I make the mistake of getting a pedicure to close to the trip. Can't go having those callous spots removed at trip time ever again.

I recommend that you walk it off. You'll be having so much fun before too long you won't even notice. I usually find that after day 2 is about when my feet just stop hurting at all. They may just be numb a that point, but it just becomes the new normal. My recent solo to Anaheim meant a LOT of walking. That first night was tough, but if you keep going it will pass. Have fun!

Moleskin. Get some moleskin and put it in your suitcase now.
I keep it and some of that wrap that sticks to itself. Forget the name, but they use it when you give blood. Anyway, I'll put the moleskin on backwards, so the soft side is against my skin and then put a layer of the wrap on to hold it on. That has saved me several times when I make the mistake of getting a pedicure to close to the trip. Can't go having those callous spots removed at trip time ever again.

That is a good point about the pedicure. I'm planning on a pedicure, but I think I'll tell her not to file off those callus.

My first solo trip, no one else's needs to consider...it all went to my head. I went around 12 hours yesterday, 30,000 steps or so and my legs are killing me today, especially feet and calves. I am so stiff and really hurting. I am supposed to go to Epcot today. This is a really short trip and tickets are so expensive that I don't want to light money on fire by not going. At the same time, I don't want to hurt myself. What is the best thing to do? (Just checked my Fitbit and it was almost 13 miles...I don't really exercise at home much, I know, I know. I'm gonna do better in future.)

I always put Bengay on my legs and feet before I go to bed, and that helps a lot. Reapply in the morning. And take Tylenol.

My husband is a fan of soaking his feet in hot water. He does it in a dishpan at home, but when we are at the resort, he sits on the side of the tub to do it.

Make sure to hydrate a lot. That should help as well.

I recently discovered a new Achilles stretch I didn't know about before. When you're sitting in a chair, stretch your leg out in front of you with your toes pointed to the ceiling, but then lean over and actually stretch your big toe back toward your body. That extra stretching of the big toe really helps loosen the Achilles. I've developed new post-40 body aches and for some reason my Achilles has become really tight on one side, so I've been doing this stretch for a few weeks and it really, really helps.

I did the same thing at Universal last month. I have to agree with the other poster on wearing a different pair of shoes. It made a huge difference for me. Good luck!

If you're really concerned about it, another good thing would be to stretch out both before and during your visit. If you're not used to walking a lot, it's easy to get sore or pulled muscles. This is especially true if you're walking around, then stop for 45 minutes (say you ride Ellen in Epcot), then right back to hustling again. I'm not saying you need to do 15 minutes of stretching after each ride, but if you've been sitting a while, take a few seconds to limber up a little...or at least make your first minute or two of walking more leisurely paced. As everyone knows, WDW can get really tiring. We're in really good shape and we get tired if we're there too long.

Agree with the others:
* some form of anti-inflammatory, be it ibuprofen, aleve, etc.
* hot bath, hot tub, etc. Bonus if the hot tub has some jets that hit your feet and calves.
* if you can get some Epsom salts, grab some and take a hot bath with those in there. It'll help with the soreness.
* keep moving but don't push to the point of serious pain.

GL and hope your days go better!

Epcot is the perfect park to enjoy solo and at your own pace. Take some breaks in World Showcase for the pleasure of people watching and getting off your feet for awhile. I particularly enjoy France on this basis. We also like to take a break at the QS location in Norway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter