Well...I finally got the NO I was expecting.

LOL - listen - I'm as big a Disney fan as is out there (pretty much been there every year for last 15) but I love travelling and there are lots of other places in the US and World to see as well. Other than the last couple of trips that were for full weeks since we now have 2-year old twins and Disney is really an easy and relatively inexpensive vacation to take with them, we've gone mostly for long weekends so we didn't get "Disney-ed Out" and we had time to travel elsewhere.

So plan a fun non-Disney trip somewhere and then push for that 3-day weekend! If you go at an off season, you can do almost everything you want in those 3 days.

LOL - listen - I'm as big a Disney fan as is out there (pretty much been there every year for last 15) but I love travelling and there are lots of other places in the US and World to see as well. Other than the last couple of trips that were for full weeks since we now have 2-year old twins and Disney is really an easy and relatively inexpensive vacation to take with them, we've gone mostly for long weekends so we didn't get "Disney-ed Out" and we had time to travel elsewhere.

So plan a fun non-Disney trip somewhere and then push for that 3-day weekend! If you go at an off season, you can do almost everything you want in those 3 days.

I agree.

OP, If you want her to ever want to go back to WDW, do something completely different. If I told my husband that I was "Disneyed out" and he suggested Disneyland, or a Disney cruise, or anything else Disney related, I would be insulted. Marriage is about compromise, and it seems like you've gotten your way for the last few years. Maybe in the future you could take turns selecting the destination.

You could always try a Disney cruise.

My husband is also tired of Disney but he agreed to a Disney cruise. This will be our first Disney cruise. We were going to go to Universal after but I talked him into a couple of days at Disney instead ;) I just couldn't bear the thought of being in Orlando and not going to Disney.

DW said to me last night..."honey, I all Disney'ed out. Next we have to do something else." I knew this day was coming so I'm not as sad as I thought I would be. This would have been the 3rd time in 4 years that we've gone to Disney. She IS open to hitting US so we'll see.

But I am a little bummed. :sad1:

DISNEY'd out ...!!!..thats un-American...are you serious. Man if I ever say that..put me in the ground right now..I cant imagine ever saying that...My wife and 14 yr old son..are wavering...SO im trying to keep them straight..me and my 10 yr old daughter could live there..and never get bored. We are travelers and have been many places over the last 20 years..but nothing compares to WDW!!..

Eh, just do something else for once and I bet that she'll be ready to go back. There is a lot to see out there....honestly! ;)

2nd this...My Dh said the same thing, so this we are doing a Universal Orlando trip only in Jan..I am actually quite excited now to try something new, though at first I was sad .Next year he will be ready to go back to Disney again..Marriage is a compromise and if I don't want to turn him into a Disney despiser, it is time to let him pick something .Disney will always be there.:goodvibes

We've done 45 trips to WDW since 1977 but have thrown in a few trips to other places....and nothing stacks up to a WDW vacation.....other places were too much in the car and going here and there to see something for a while then moving on....same with meals, in the car and driving someplace to eat and then back to a boring motel/hotel until the next day...Same oges for the beach....there's the ocean, sit in the sand, lounge and then what? Back to the car and driving around looking for something interesting to do....we got that out of our system long ago...

Disney holds the interest for us, even after the many trips we've taken...it's all inclusive....4 parks, 2 water parks....ding galore..never have to leave the property, use a car its all provided and we know what there is to do, where to do it and what it's going to cost...We added to our adventuresof doing Disney by taking Amtrak and riding the train to and fro...not for everyone but very relaxing for us....something different than crossing the US at 35,000 feet or behind the wheel in an auto for endless hours stuck in a seat.....

We also found our stays at Disney different than in the 80's and 90's....park commando gone, no more getting our moneys worth out of tickets and dining...more resort relaxing, pool time, drinks, leisure activities (golf, horseback riding) or just strolling say FW, gift shops....so many possibilities at your finger tips...

Yes, been there and done that but we found that Disney has everything we want, at a very reasonable price considering all the other places we've been....never want to see Hawaii or overseas and at the rate of plane tickts, not half the fun of WDW....we're Disney vacationers.........

I agree that you need to try other places, too. Compromise! Disney is great, but there are some other amazing places to see!

We've done 45 trips to WDW since 1977 but have thrown in a few trips to other places....and nothing stacks up to a WDW vacation.....other places were too much in the car and going here and there to see something for a while then moving on....same with meals, in the car and driving someplace to eat and then back to a boring motel/hotel until the next day...Same oges for the beach....there's the ocean, sit in the sand, lounge and then what? Back to the car and driving around looking for something interesting to do....we got that out of our system long ago...

Disney holds the interest for us, even after the many trips we've taken...it's all inclusive....4 parks, 2 water parks....ding galore..never have to leave the property, use a car its all provided and we know what there is to do, where to do it and what it's going to cost...We added to our adventuresof doing Disney by taking Amtrak and riding the train to and fro...not for everyone but very relaxing for us....something different than crossing the US at 35,000 feet or behind the wheel in an auto for endless hours stuck in a seat.....

We also found our stays at Disney different than in the 80's and 90's....park commando gone, no more getting our moneys worth out of tickets and dining...more resort relaxing, pool time, drinks, leisure activities (golf, horseback riding) or just strolling say FW, gift shops....so many possibilities at your finger tips...

Yes, been there and done that but we found that Disney has everything we want, at a very reasonable price considering all the other places we've been....never want to see Hawaii or overseas and at the rate of plane tickts, not half the fun of WDW....we're Disney vacationers.........

This describes my dh and I as well, our kids not so much! OP, I understand where you are coming from but I also understand your wife's view on things. We now go every other year and in between we do a majority rules kinda vacation. Everybody gets the chance to throw their choice in the mix. Its been fun to do other things. We have one in the group, should their choice get voted in next time, will have me rock climbing and skydiving.:lmao: But we all love WDW and are glad to go back when we can.

Kelly

That sounds like how DW and I envision our WDW travel pattern a few years down the road. We have two teens now, and we still enjoy our family WDW vacations. But there will come a day in the not so distant future when, good health and good fortune provided, we will be enjoying lots of relaxing trips and taking advantage of all the many great things there are to do at WDW

If you do Universal Studios, make sure to stay on-site. It makes all the difference. :thumbsup2

Also, consider something completely different, vacation-wise. Old Orchard Beach, Maine, is a LOT of fun, especially if you can rent a cabin on the shore. Prince Edward Island is a great place to visit - try to get a room in Charlottetown. You can walk to practically everything from there, and whatever you can't walk to is only a short drive/shuttle away. And there's always European tours. Heck, maybe your wife would be open to a Disney foreign tour or cruise as a compromise - you get your Disney fix, she gets variety.

Crap, we are doing US but not staying on -site..can you message me why we should? :<(

Since DH and I can't seem to ever agree on a trip location, we have started alternating who gets to choose the destination (unless it's something we both have planned).

I've been wanting to go back to Disney for a few years. Last year was his choice, and as much as I tried to "sell" Disney, he chose Cuba. I went, and it was fun. However, this year is my choice! Where are we going? You guessed it, DISNEY! LOL :lovestruc

This seems to work out for us, and if I want to go to Disney, I have the option of going every other year (provided the bank account allows it!). :worship:

I feel your pain. My DW told me the same thing on our last trip. I figure we could go on an adult only trip in a couple years when the kids graduate from high school.

Crap, we are doing US but not staying on -site..can you message me why we should? :<(

You MUST stay onsite! The perks for staying at a Universal resort include front of the line passes...kind of like Fastpass for every attraction, only better!

This happened to me recently as well. My wife said to me "I am tired of these trips to WDW. We either go somewhere new or i am going to leave you".

Man, I really am going to miss her :lmao:

I'll be going on my third trip with my DD and another mom (or two) and their girls...without DH. He did come with us in October, but her really hates having to use the scooter...it takes a lot of the fun out of it for him.
I hope we an get his knee fixed somehow so he can enjoy doing things that require walking again!

I've messaged you. There's a number of different perks (early entry, package delivery, really nice deluxe-quality resort hotels), but what it really comes down to is the unlimited "fastpass-like" access that on-site Universal guests get. You can practically walk right onto any ride you like, even when it's busy! All you have to do is show your room key.

I've messaged you. There's a number of different perks (early entry, package delivery, really nice deluxe-quality resort hotels), but what it really comes down to is the unlimited "fastpass-like" access that on-site Universal guests get. You can practically walk right onto any ride you like, even when it's busy! All you have to do is show your room key.

:thumbsup2
There is NO free "fastpass" at universal .Either you stay at a Universal resort and get unlimited express pass( not good for Forbidden Journey,Rip,Ride Rocket ,ollivanders or Pteranodon flyers), or you have to BUY the express pass. The cost of the express pass depends on the prjected crowds for a day.The crowds go up, the price of the Express pass goes up.Plus unlike Universal resort guests, it is limited to ONE ride per attraction.As a universal resort guest you also get early entry into Wizarding World of Harry Potter, one hour before everyone else

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter