Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge

For everyone starting today, good job getting going and good luck! I know we can do it together!!!!

I did pretty good today. I was at work so not a lot of time to snack!:hyper: I was starving about 4pm and I had some of my string cheese I brought, but otherwise no snacking. I just finished dinner and I will be off to TaeKwonDo in a few minutes so I should be able to avoid any snacking this evening as well.

I am looking forward to class, hope it is a good one!:thumbsup2

Oh, and by the way, I am on day 5 of no McDonalds and no regular potato chips! Not bad! Love the idea of posting the goal somewhere, because I saved a space and am making tally marks for the days I don't eat McDonalds and chips. It kind of is a daily reward for good choices!:woohoo: thanks for a great idea Brenda!:idea:

I think I might need to try the early morning workouts again, but I am just not a morning person. If I don't get the exercising in this week, then I'll set the alarm for next week.

Just popped in for a quick check during my last coffee break at work and realized I'm not done today's water yet, so I'll sign off and drink my water. When there's lots of meetings I go through lots of water, especially when I'm tired like today. Drinking in meetings keeps me from nodding off when I'm not directly involved in the topic. ;)

I am a morning person but I have gotten out of exercising. I am working at trying to better about it. It is the only time during the day that I have no one else around to bother me (except this morning when ds2 came downstairs because was sick and couldn't sleep. (he does have strep))

I know what you mean about drinking water to keep from nodding off. It has helped me more than once or twice in boring classes and meetings.

I am doing pretty well with my eating but my biggest challenge is excercise. I did 25 minutes on the treadmill on Friday, 30 on Saturday, 35 yesterdy, and willed myself to do 30 minutes today. I am really feeling it and hope my weight goes down on Friday or I will be so frustrated!

My screen name is because I love to play the piano and was born in 1973.

can i crash the party and join? i know i'm late, but i'll make a peace offering by making a clippie sometime today :) pretty please?

i have not weighed myself, i think it will discourage me; but i'll go do it. bleh! it's not going to be pretty -- but i want to be pre-holiday weight by Valentines Day.

Brenda -- thank you :thanks: soooooo much for being weight keeper again!!

Molli :hug: How are you doing. So glad to see you here. Now that I'm back from Vegas I've been thinking I have to e-mai your mom. Tell her to come sign up, and I'll try to remember to e-mail tomorrow. Glad to see your joining us!!

Monday Question of the Day - Explain your DIS screen name.

Mine's a no brainer, lol!

I'm sure you all get it, my first name and last initial :)

For those of us who are technically challenged, how do we add the clippie to our signature?

And by the way, I just haven't been able to get my eating under control yet...I think it has something to do with knowing I'm going on vacation in 3 days. I am crazy busy packing and working, and I just seem to eat...Sigh. I am firmly committing that when we get back, things are going to change, in a big way. I have the new WW magazine, and I'm going to hit it with a veangance!

TIA!
Maria

Normally you would just right click on the image you want to insert and go to properties and copy the path.

I've done that for you here - so copy the link below.

http://photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040bl7.jpg

Go to User CP and hit edit Signature.

Paste that URL into the picture icon -yellow with a little mountain on it. Make sure to take out the http: that is already there.

How I'm doing:

I feel so much better today - thank goodness the pain and just general not feeling well went away. DD16 is not doing as good. She didn't go to school today (and great I took her out of school on 12/23 when we went to Vegas- figures), but she did eat dinner (soup) tonight. Her first meal since Saturday afternoon.

I did great with my eating yesterday, despite not feeling well. I got 4 glasses of water, but no exercise yesterday.

Today - felt better - yeah. Some good news and bad news. I exercised at lunch - 35 minute walk (2miles). The bad news was that I got a box of Godiva chocolates, but it did have the calories for them. So fine- I will eat 2 per day and work them into my calories. Unfortunately I decided to eat all 8 in the box - thank goodness it was a small box.

But the good news is - that even after eating those candies, I am still at the very low end of my calorie range and I still ate 3 square meals and two snack (be it one snack was over 500 calories of chocolate).

Check this out - its amazing that I'm still in my 1200-1550 calorie range:

Breakfast (193 calories)
oatmeal, blueberries

Lunch (220 calories)
2 corn tortillas, 117g black beans (mashed), 100g homemade salsa

Dinner (175 calories - but it was huge)
beef stir fry - 2 oz beef, broccoli and onions

snacks
morning - 14g walnuts (93 calories)
afternoon - 8 godiva chocolates (532 calories)

Moral of the story is - sometimes you fall off the wagon, but if your careful and you watch the rest of the day, even with a 532 calorie WOOPS, you can still end up on track. So even though I cheated and went over the 2 chocolates I still managed a great OP day!

I'm planning to get up and exercise in the morning if I don't chicken out. I know I wil feel better for it.

Normally you would just right click on the image you want to insert and go to properties and copy the path.

Paste that URL into the picture icon -yellow with a little mountain on it. Make sure to take out the http: that is already there.

Thanks! I'm not sure I did it right, but I know your directions and assistance are greatly appreciated!

And I liked the moral of your story -- you are absolutely right about exercising, I always feel empowered when I'm finished!

Maria

Hello all!

I am usually a lurker, but I figure posting will help to keep me accountable. I have been doing WW since Jan 1, and just started on my WiiFit today. My 8 year old treadmill died, and I thought the wii would be a good (cheaper) replacement, but I think I may need to rethink that. I think the wii is fun, but I just don't think I will get the same cardio workout.

And my user name? Silly, really. It's from a long defunct email address, my name (samantha_c) @angelfire. When the entire name wouldn't fit as a user name on other sites, it was shortened to samanthacatangel. Nothing to do with cats, although I do have 2 of them!

Samantha

Oh I am so behind on this thread.:surfweb: Hope to get better at keeping up.

Hi Molli. Good to see you.

My moniker - just got excited to find the DIS and didn't really know a thing about internet boards or names - didn't even stop to look at names was that excited to register - and well first and middle.

So many of us have the same story with that, eh?

Okay, I have to go prep for class. All the best to everyone,

Lisa

Hello all!

I am usually a lurker, but I figure posting will help to keep me accountable. I have been doing WW since Jan 1, and just started on my WiiFit today. My 8 year old treadmill died, and I thought the wii would be a good (cheaper) replacement, but I think I may need to rethink that. I think the wii is fun, but I just don't think I will get the same cardio workout.

And my user name? Silly, really. It's from a long defunct email address, my name (samantha_c) @angelfire. When the entire name wouldn't fit as a user name on other sites, it was shortened to samanthacatangel. Nothing to do with cats, although I do have 2 of them!

Samantha

Hey Samantha - welcome,

I'm about to lose a treadmill and am dreading it. I have a gym upstairs - live in a condo. And am putting my place on the market. I use the treadmill for my intervals all the time. So know how you feel. Or will know - soon. :laughing:

Lisa

My Dis name is pretty self-explanatory -- my name. I know, not too creative.

I've been doing good so far and lost a little weight and clothes a little looser. Yesterday DS, who is 9, asked if I was getting taller because I looked different. I think he was trying to be diplomatic and not say that I looked thinner . . . at least that is what I hope! :love:

Hi, everyone!

I have had a pretty bad cold since Thursday so I still am not really on track at all. Eating hasn't been too bad. I've been snacking a lot, but mostly healthy. I haven't gotten any exercise yet though. Once I'm feeling better I'm going to get moving.

My DIS name is one that I have used ever since I started my first email account. It is from a movie Foxfire and I wanted to add "girl" to the end, but that name was taken. So I came up with "grrl". I chose it because the girls in the movie are so spunky and full of life. I am to be more like that in my day to day life.

Have a great week everyone!!

Hello, fellow losers!! :wave:

When I signed up for DIS, I just wanted to get in...I didn't even try and come up with a cool name.. I regret that. :rolleyes: However, I never thought about it again, until I had a fellow WISHer ask me about it a few years ago. She told me that there was a VAMPIRE in an Anne Rice book with that name :scared1: !! Promise..I'm no vampire!! It's just my last name and first and middle initials. No big deal. :angel:

pixiedust: pixiedust: illnesses be gone!!

ohMom/Molli, thanks for the clippie! I'll be remembering you and your mom at the start on Saturday! :)
Worfiedoodles/Maria, hope you'll come by and say, "Hi!" Saturday morning!! We may not look the part, but we have the medals to prove we can DO it!!:cool1: :goodvibes Anne

...I have some thoughts to share on weight reports.

* I receive LOTS of reports and it is not possible for me to respond to each one. I appreciate your remarks and cherish them. If there is a problem or I need more information I will contact you.
* The common theme I am seeing is UGH!! Yes some of us overindulged over the holiday break but the question is what are you doing about it?
* You may think you have a scary number but mine is even scarier.
* I did not organize this challenge on my own. There are many other volunteers behind the scenes that have made huge contributions to this challenge and our past BL challenges.
* Putting your weight in black and white each week can be a huge motivator. Commit to reporting each week no matter what. Own that number and do what you can to make it smaller each week.
* Yes you are reporting your weight to a stranger. I do not know you personally, I do not know your circumstances. I do know that we share a common bond - the desire to become a loser. I know this can be a struggle and it will not happen overnight but helping and encouraging each other will only get us closer to our goals.
* I worry about my losers. When you do not check in for the week I worry about you. When you post a gain I wonder what went wrong and hope you can get back into 'losing' mode. When you post a loss for the week I rejoice with you.

Enough babble. Now on to you. Did you complete your weekend project? Have you written your goal and posted it where you will see it every day? If not get to work and just do it!

How are you doing with exercising and your healthy eating program?

Some of your names I can figure out, some I don't have a clue. Some have so many numbers. What are they for? My name is pretty easy to understand. Keep in mind I don't get out of my box very often so my name is what I WISH I could accomplish. For a long time I have felt that I have just settled for what I have been blessed with but that there is more out there for me if I would only dream it and work for it.

Please check in today and share your progress.
Well said!
How am I doing? Well, I'm not off to the best of starts, but it is taper week for me before the big WDW events weekend so I guess I'll appreciate that I will be putting in a lot of work this weekend. I've managed better portion control this week.

My DIS name is my name (Lily) and joined with the character from Peter Pan. I have fond memories of watching Peter Pan when I was younger. TigerLily was my first choice, but someone else beat me to it so I added the year I joined here too it.

Thanks! I'm not sure I did it right, but I know your directions and assistance are greatly appreciated!

Maria
Maria, you've almost got it.
Go back to the signature and take out that second http// you have an extra.
http://[B]http//[/B]photopost.wdwinfo.com/data/500/31040bl7.jpg
Take out that second http// I show in bold and you should see the clippie in your siggie.

I didn't get the walking with the Kirby dog today. Was very busy for me today.

NancyIL = Nancy from Illinois :)

I knew when I did my workout yesterday that I'd be feeling it today...and I am! I decided to skip today's workout, and I hope I'll be able to move my legs tomorrow. :)

Hello all. Today was not as good. I was freaking hungry all day for no apparent reason. I had one of my South Beach meals for lunch and was starving by midafternoon. My lunch wasn't any different from what I had yesterday, and yet yesterday I was still pretty satisfied when it was time for dinner.

Not to mention I started going low (blood sugar). I wasn't hypoglycemic yet, but I could feel myself heading that way so I had some glucose tabs and ended up too high. :headache: Ended up coming home and crashing (we refer to this as the diabetic hangover.) So all my plans for cooking went out the window and I ended up eating KFC. I did manage to eat green beens and resist the cheese curds (our KFC is combined with an A&W). Baby steps...

So I am back from my trip (got back Saturday afternoon, 1.5 days late) but my brain still thinks it is on vacation and wants to eat everything.

I am still too scared to get on the scale. I know I have to and maybe just maybe it will jump start me.

My screen name is kinda boring, its just my name with disney in front of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter