Welcome to the WISH Biggest Loser 7 Challenge

I went to bed on Sat with what I thought was a migrane and woke up with what I thought was the hangover that I usually get after I have one. It wasn't a migrane. I think I had some sort of 24 hour bug. I spent 95% of the day flat on my back, sleeping or watching studpid sunday TV. And football for my husband who had to work. Sure enough, I began to feel a lot better last night about 9 pm. So, I didn't get anything resembling exercise done yesterday. It was supposed to be my off day, but I was going to take a stroll with the dog. I did drink plenty of water yesterday though. Probably enough to cover a whole week's worth! :lmao: And I didn't eat too much. Only junkie fatty comfort food and I don't have much of that in the house right now. I'm still not 100%, but I think I should be back on track tomorrow.

My screen name is obvious. Have you met Mickey? He makes you feel like his best friend. Can't wait to see him again in April!

Hello everyone! I just PM's Brenda about joining, but I thought I would just jump right into the thread. I am going to Hawaii on 4/2/09 and my Biggest Loser goal is to lose 15 lbs before I go.

I am in my *gulp* late 40's and I think that weight gain is another one of those horrible perimenopausal symptoms I have been having for the past year or two. I gained almost 15 lbs since my August WDW trip :scared1:. I weigh the most I have ever weighed and not been pregnant and the 15 lbs in 4 months was the highest, quickest weight gain I have ever experienced ... including when I was pregnant. I was so concerned that I had my thyroid checked on my last doctor visit in December and thankfully it was fine.

I'll read the rest of the thread now and contribute more later.

here's a test image for clippie

31040bl7.jpg

comments? suggestions??

my screen name -- I'm a Mom who lives in Ohio

GO BUCKS!!

Consider yourself SHOVED!
Have fun at the gym :goodvibes

Thanks! I went! did 30 min walking on the TM ... discovered quickly that I couldn't just jump into a 4 mph speed ... tweaked it down to 3.6 mph and that worked quite nicely for my first time moving in literally MONTHS!

And ... I feel good. :goodvibes

Oh, and my screen name ... not a creative bone in my body ... it's just my name. :rotfl2:

Hope everyone is settling back into the routine of work/school/life nicely today. :wizard:

Molli ... LOVE the clippie! :thumbsup2

Good afternoon everyone.

I just got home from work. I forgot to check in this morning. Ds2 was sick and got up early and interupted my workout and my schedule. I was planning on doing 40 minutes this morning but only got in 20 before he came down. He went to the doctor this morning and even thought the strep test came back neg the doctor feels he has all the symptoms so he in on antibiotics and alleve for the pain.. He is starting to feel better. It was his first time going to the doctor by himslef. I was going to make him wait until I got home but he's in college now and if he was at college he would be doing this by himself so that's what he did.

I did get in another 10 minutes of walking today at school. The first day back after vacation is always tiring. WE didn't do much this vacation so going back to work is always a shock.

I have to get my eating under control. I have not been very good but am trying. Dinner tonight will be a salad for me and simple macaroni for the guys. Tomorrow I have to get going a little earlier (today didn't help that we had a faculty meeting at 7:20 to meet the new acting principal) and make lunch to take with me.

I know someone complained that the thread was getting too big too fast. The replies will slow down as the challenge goes on. This is my 3rd challenge and each time we do it as the weeks go by the number of replies get less and less. The last week on the Black Team we had only two or three talking and we started out with almost 40 people in the group.

If it does get too large we will think about starting a new thread but we are trying to keep the group as one group this time.

GFood luck everyone tonight. Hope the rest of your evening goes well. Will try to check in later.

GFood luck everyone tonight. Hope the rest of your evening goes well. Will try to check in later.

Hi. I hope your son is feeling better soon :goodvibes
Was that a Freudian slip ("GFood luck") or is that a special WISH lingo I'm not familiar with?:confused3

My screen name is supposed to read Airtime 24/7. It came from my love of roller coasters and the negative G-forces (aka airtime) being my favorite part of them. The airtime247 screen name originated from a very early login I had that was restricted to 10 characters and could have no special symbols. Airtime247 worked and just kind of stuck.

I've been doing really well since the big weigh-in Friday morning. I've eaten pretty well with the only time I've taken seconds being veggies. We ate out once but it was Subway (insert horrible BL "commercial" here). I have been getting a lot of exercise with a total of 29 miles biked, 8 miles run, 30 minutes on the elliptical, and 1 hour on the Wii Fit since Friday.

I'm glad to have done well on the weekend as that's when I tend to eat the worst and get the least exercise.

Keep it up everyone!

-steve

Ohmom,

I like the clippie... Not that I ever figure out how to attach them. (See my exciting signature below!)

Hello all im new to this challenge and as for my goals I would like to have lost 30#'s in 12 weeks and to drink more water any amount as Im not good at it and also to not snack as much as I do. Small changes.

As for my screen name well kinda self explanitory there!lol I have had that name for years from my wonderful brother and it is my email addy and it just seemed simple when picking a name on here that I could remember easy.

Good Luck to everyone.

Hello all im new to this challenge and as for my goals I would like to have lost 30#'s in 12 weeks and to drink more water any amount as Im not good at it and also to not snack as much as I do. Small changes.

As for my screen name well kinda self explanitory there!lol I have had that name for years from my wonderful brother and it is my email addy and it just seemed simple when picking a name on here that I could remember easy.

Good Luck to everyone.

See after you lose all that weight you can change it to Skinny!

See after you lose all that weight you can change it to Skinny!

LOl i dont know that I could get used to anything else!lol I might have to. M neice used to call me Skinny Emmy cause she said that if you called somebody a name long enough you felt like what you were being called so she would call me that and then she moved so no one called me that anymore. Guess I should ask everyone to call me Skinny Emmy.

Monday Question of the Day - Explain your DIS screen name.

Uh, Brenda. The DIS is the first chatboard that I had signed up with-way back when there was 1 page and a couple of dozen people. I didn't know I was supposed to BE creative. :laughing:

Good Evening!!

I am not very original..My name Lisa I live NJ and at one point I was 25 LOL I think I ws 26 when I registered here.

I actually manages to exercise a whole 6 minutes today..I am so out of shape.I had an old dusty glider I cleaned off. I would rather be walking outside. I am going to use it again later on tonight.

Food wise I am doing great, tomorrow will be week I have been low carbing. I bought the ketostix yesterday and I am purple. :worship:

My screen name comes from my love of The Little Mermaid. My dad bears a striking resemblance to Triton thus Triton'sDaughter. Silly, but once a daddy's girl always a daddy's girl!! :laughing:

Woke up a 5 am to do 45 minutes on the treadmill. I hurt to get up that early. But after a really bad day a work I'm so glad I can just come home to a hot cup of tea and relax knowing I already did my workout.

Monday Question of the Day - Explain your DIS screen name

Riverhill : My hometown Riverview and DH is Farmington Hills, MI

Drank 2 bottles of water at work on Friday, one full one so far today and currently working on #2. Working really hard on not eating junk food...so far so good but I usually last about 2 weeks and then then sugar/caffeine withdrawal turns me into a very mean person :rotfl2:

My username: Simba is my favorite Disney character and 22 is my favorite number.

I was away for the weekend but am going to try to ease back into this weight loss thing. I really need to do it. I've just been feeling AWFUL!

My goal is to drop 20 pounds!:thumbsup2

So glad to see you on the thread!:yay: Sorry you have been feeling awful, pretty soon I know you will be feeling fantastic! What kind of program are you following?

I hope your weekend was successful. Today starts my first day back on program. The holiday is over and it's time to get back to work!

Good luck on your first day back on track!:goodvibes I know you will do fantastic!

I love the question of the day, I love to read the story regarding DIS names. Mine is pretty simple... When I was signing up I tried my usual favorite Disney names, but they were all taken already. I looked around our home and spotted the mail. My friend had just sent me a gift of return address labels that she created with princesses on them and my name Princess Vija on them. LOVED them and went with it. The reason that it is all in caps...:confused3 No idea, I must have pushed caps lock and didn't notice it till later. I was pretty new to the internet and didn't learn till later that all caps means you are yelling. Well, I guess I am proudly stating my name!:lmao:

I'm late joining will you still have me?? I promise I'll work hard!! :yay:

About three years ago I joined a thread on W.I.S.H. and lost close to 100 pounds. Then I went to live in the Twilight Zone....an ugly divorce, after 24 years, turned my world upside down - I gained 60 pounds back. BUT I am happy to report that I have found happiness :cloud9: and am ready to get my healthy self back! I have a second chance at life and I want to take it on as the best that I can be! :woohoo:
Congrats on joining us and making changes. Sorry you had a nasty time there for a while, but so glad you have found happiness again!:flower3:

Hello! Just joined this morning. I have decided this is the year I am going to get my weight under control! Bought a Wii Fit for Christmas and the entire family is aiming at a healthier 2009. My goal is to lose 25 pounds by the end of this challenge, to eat healthier and to exercise more.

I'd love to hear more about the Wii fit. How do you like it, do you think it will help your weight loss goals?

I've worked thru lunch, and now just trying to get myself motivated to go to the gym ... the one that I only went to a handful of times last year :rolleyes1

I brought my stuff in my brand new Mickey bag that DH bought me for Christmas. I just need someone to give me a little push, because of course I can come up with about 10 different other ways to spend my lunch time today.

Hellllppp !!!! Someone, please give me a big SHOVE!

Shove on the way...... a friendly shove! ;) Did it work?

here's a test image for clippie

31040bl7.jpg

comments? suggestions??

LOVE the clippie! Already put it in my siggie!

I think I might need to try the early morning workouts again, but I am just not a morning person. If I don't get the exercising in this week, then I'll set the alarm for next week.

Just popped in for a quick check during my last coffee break at work and realized I'm not done today's water yet, so I'll sign off and drink my water. When there's lots of meetings I go through lots of water, especially when I'm tired like today. Drinking in meetings keeps me from nodding off when I'm not directly involved in the topic. ;)

Some of your names I can figure out, some I don't have a clue. Some have so many numbers. What are they for? My name is pretty easy to understand. Keep in mind I don't get out of my box very often so my name is what I WISH I could accomplish. For a long time I have felt that I have just settled for what I have been blessed with but that there is more out there for me if I would only dream it and work for it.

Please check in today and share your progress.

MY screen name is one that is easy for me to remember. Dona is my first name. Yes it is Dona with 1 "n". I have a twin sister Dena. My mother found the names in a book about twins and liked it. (Yes we are identical) c is the first letter of my last name Coffey

Hey everyone,
I stayed up way to late last night reading on my kindle. I had no idea how late it was, but when I looked it was after 3am. I thought it was around 1AM. I'm still on Vegas West Coast time, so its hard to go to bed early because I feel wide awake and woke up at after 12 PM yesterday.

Then all the sudden I got a horrible pain going up the side of my neck and I ended up with a horribly tight neck and a slight headache (could have easily turned into a migraine, it actually bordered on it). Then I couldn't fall asleep because the pain was so intense. The next thing I know my dd16 was up and she was sick -she has as stomach virus and can't keep anything down. So every time I fell asleep, I'd wake up when I heard her in the bathroom. So she is still in the bathroom every few hours. I got up around 12:30pm today, I feel horrible. My entire upper body hurts and my back and neck feel so tense and tight. I have a mild headache, not to bad. I also feel slightly nauseas.

I have however been able to eat good today. I missed breakfast, but I had a can of Alaskan Salmon, half a small onion cooked in 1 tsp of olive oil in an ezekiel 4:9 Pita. I also had 30g of raw cashews for a snack.

DH was going to cook a soup this afternoon, but since half of us aren't feeling well we are just going to have whatever tonight.

Also - I gave up pain medications a few months back (like ibuprofen and tylenol), so I didn't take anything last night or today. This is my 4th month free of pain medications, and the funniest thing has happened. After the first month, my last 3 monthly cycles have been almost pain free. Normally I am in so much pain I can hardly move even when taking pain medication. Strange huh.

Unfortunatey I've been laying in bed all day. I'm to afraid to exercise because I'm afraid my head and neck will start pounding again.

Melanie I hope you are feeling better.

Hi. I hope your son is feeling better soon :goodvibes
Was that a Freudian slip ("GFood luck") or is that a special WISH lingo I'm not familiar with?:confused3

I guess it was a Freudian slip. NO it is not WISH Lingo. Maybe we should start it as one. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter