Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

We all need to keep up the momentum through Halloween, thanksgiving, and Christmas!

(Puts hand in circle) dropping lbs on 3.....

I think the wake-up for me on Halloween was at meeting yesterday.
Gummies are my downfall...I can eat a whole bag.
Saw that 32 had 8 pts!
No more in my house!
But yes holidays are the worst...guess we all need to plan ahead! :)

I think the wake-up for me on Halloween was at meeting yesterday. Gummies are my downfall...I can eat a whole bag. Saw that 32 had 8 pts! No more in my house! But yes holidays are the worst...guess we all need to plan ahead! :)

Oh how I love gummies too! There are some better ones out there than that. For me personally, I've learned you can eat whatever you want with WW but in moderation and not every single day. I know as a man I get more points than most and as a runner I gain plenty of activity points per week but if I have a craving for something I get it. It might be a smaller portion than I would have before and I don't have it the for four consecutive days. That way you don't feel deprived and go off the deep end and binge eat. That's where I was for so many years. Thank God I'm not there anymore.

Rats- I am up .8. Not too worried I am in a good groove with eating. It will come of next week.

Congrats to everyone on their losses! Keep up the good work.

Continuing story of making goal (for the first time ever) and the 6 weeks of maintaining to be Lifetime (and free!).......

The instant I posted last week I thought "oh man, I jinxed myself" lol.

And for much of the week I kept forgetting to track on a given day. My Flash keeps going "out" which makes it impossible to track on the computer and I am growing tired of reinstalling it. Also tiring of tracking on my phone. So I was worrying there! But because I was eating some things that weren't easily trackable, I was overestimating quite a bit. And that saved me.

Week 5 was passed with flying colors. Whew. Of course I guess all that matters is that Week 6 weight, not the in betweens, to determine if I get Lifetime status or not but it is still good for me to "pass"! :)

Next week! Happily DH will be home so if I don't lose my mind this week and eat the earth and gain from it, he will be home for that weigh in. Should be here for the next, too, which might come into play because a different leader had mentioned that it's the week after a successful Week 6 that you get your Lifetime stuff.

This upcoming week marks the start of the ymca sessions starting again, so it will be a return to working out after this little time off after the 10 miler in Orlando. Back to training for the Half in jan as well as helping my son get into running shape for our 5k that week too!

I'm up 0.4lbs. this week but I'm not sweating it. I've had a couple of large weight loss weeks in consecutive weeks so that's usually my pattern. Lose 4 or 5 lbs. in 2 weeks and then gain a tad back. All in all, I'm still really happy with my current weight and am looking more at maintaining than losing. I'd be happy to drop another 10lbs. max, but I'm not going to obsess about it.

After being up a little last week, I am down 2.1 this week! It's my biggest loss in 9 weeks so I'm super excited. Hit my 5% goal so I set my final goal - a number at the higher end of my healthy weight range. I know I could try to go lower, but my happy weight is at the higher end of healthy because I am muscular, not slender. 9 lbs down, 17 to go!

Started back WW today after being off it for roughly 6-8 weeks.

I have already lost a stone since last year despite many falls off the wagon but I am determined to lose this second stone to get to my goal weight :goodvibes

I'm down another 1.4 this week for a grand total of 47.4 lost! Low carb was the breakhrough that I needed!

I'm up 0.4lbs. this week but I'm not sweating it. I've had a couple of large weight loss weeks in consecutive weeks so that's usually my pattern. Lose 4 or 5 lbs. in 2 weeks and then gain a tad back. All in all, I'm still really happy with my current weight and am looking more at maintaining than losing. I'd be happy to drop another 10lbs. max, but I'm not going to obsess about it.

It's great to know your own pattern! And I know from personal experience that it's really freeing to not mind being a little bit up. We know what to do about it, after all.

After being up a little last week, I am down 2.1 this week! It's my biggest loss in 9 weeks so I'm super excited. Hit my 5% goal so I set my final goal - a number at the higher end of my healthy weight range. I know I could try to go lower, but my happy weight is at the higher end of healthy because I am muscular, not slender. 9 lbs down, 17 to go!

Woo!

Being a muscular type as well, I know what you're talking about! And now I'm doing strength training to get even more muscles. :)

Started back WW today after being off it for roughly 6-8 weeks.

I have already lost a stone since last year despite many falls off the wagon but I am determined to lose this second stone to get to my goal weight :goodvibes

Woohoo! Welcome back!

I'm down another 1.4 this week for a grand total of 47.4 lost! Low carb was the breakhrough that I needed!

Awesome!!!!!

Funny, I never intended to be low carb, but it just sort of happened. And then I started running, and running longer distances, and I have to eat more carbs, and it's harder than I thought it would be!

ETA, I should say "low grain", not really low carb. Because I eat lots of fruits and veggies, which have plenty of carbs. And I eat desserts which are sugary (I don't do sugar-free). But I found that bread, rice, and pastas just didn't have anywhere near the place in my new way of eating as they used to have, and it just sort of happened over time. And those are the carbs I'm having to add back in a bit more.

By the way, when you're hungry, "ETA" gets typed as "EAT". :)

ETA, I should say "low grain", not really low carb. Because I eat lots of fruits and veggies, which have plenty of carbs. And I eat desserts which are sugary (I don't do sugar-free). But I found that bread, rice, and pastas just didn't have anywhere near the place in my new way of eating as they used to have, and it just sort of happened over time. And those are the carbs I'm having to add back in a bit more.

I agree I do the vegetables, fruits, cheese and yogurt. But I have cut the bread, rice, pasta and white potatoes. I do sweet potatoes only. It made a big difference for me.

I agree I do the vegetables, fruits, cheese and yogurt. But I have cut the bread, rice, pasta and white potatoes. I do sweet potatoes only. It made a big difference for me.

And now I'm thinking of sweet potato fries. :)

Yesterday to keep energy up for the Y and trick or treating with DS, I had two servings of a packaged risotto from Trader Joes. And an hour later until, well, it continues still, I have craved nothing but sugar. This is good to know about myself for the future! Large amount of rice leads to sugar cravings.

The risotto I make from scratch is actually made with barley, and I don't recall this crazy craving issue. When I have just one serving of rice like with Indian food, no issue. This is very frustrating. Glad I know by heart the points values of the candy in the house!

This thread has been so inspiring to me since I started WW back in April. Congrats to everyone on their success! Personally, I have reached one of my short term goals by losing 60 pounds by my birthday (tomorrow), I'm so proud of myself and can't wait to celebrate! Hooray!

This thread has been so inspiring to me since I started WW back in April. Congrats to everyone on their success! Personally, I have reached one of my short term goals by losing 60 pounds by my birthday (tomorrow), I'm so proud of myself and can't wait to celebrate! Hooray!

Congrats! Way to go and Happy Birthday!

Woo, congratulations! And happy birthday!

I have had a very bad few days. My great weakness is candy and I caved on Halloween. Two days in a row I ate several fun size candies and went way over my points. Finally last night I got my husband to hide the candy and told my kids when they want their candy they have to get it from Dad. I am ready to get back on track today.
Where is that embarrassed emoticon?

I have had a very bad few days. My great weakness is candy and I caved on Halloween. Two days in a row I ate several fun size candies and went way over my points. Finally last night I got my husband to hide the candy and told my kids when they want their candy they have to get it from Dad. I am ready to get back on track today. Where is that embarrassed emoticon?

Don't beat yourself up. We are all human and have weaknesses! It's a new day and you have a chance at a fresh start. You can do it!!

For me, we just got back from a week @ WDW in Thurs. We were there for an entire week and had the QS dining plan. I have myself permission to not count points and eat whatever I wanted. I have only done that on four other days since Jan 2012, so it's not a common thing for me. (My brother's wedding day, my BIL's wedding day, last Thanksgiving, and last Christmas.) I knew we were walking a lot but expected to gain some weight. There's so much food! And of course all those desserts and snacks are pretty carby and not exactly WW friendly. ;) I'll weigh in this morning and I'm expecting to be up but I know I'll get it back off again, hopefully before Thanksgiving!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter