Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

Bumbershoot- Congratulations on goal! What an enormous accomplishment.

Today marks 50 pounds gone for me! So happy to see that number. I've been looking forward to it! Now for my next short term goal....

Yes it is sort of a cockiness isn't it? "I know what I'm doing" and all that...apparently we dont lol
Haha- well I am guilty of getting cocky- and it is becoming a problem. Today is my first day of the week and my goal for the week is to tighten up- I have been taking little bites of this and that and not counting them- My weight-loss, which was already pretty slow, is now REALLY slow. I have had tiny losses the past 2 weeks, (.2, .4)

The good thing is that I have been doing great with exercise. The weather has been so nice for jogging.

Congrats in reaching goal, bumbershoot! That is amazing! I have been maintaining since April. The only thing I can say is that is is really hard! Much harder than losing, I think. I am still working on the number of points I'm comfortable with. I know you eat all of your points, so you probably won't struggle as much.

I have missed you ladies! I am going to try to come in here more!

This is my first post here. Two years ago I went on WW and lost 50 pounds. I had about 15 more to lose but became very unmotivated. I maintained for over a year but in the past month or so I have gained 5-7 pounds. I'm not sure what is different. I am still active- running the Haunted Trails 5k this weekend and eating the same I have. Anyone else gone through this? I am 55, so I thought maybe hormones...might have an effect?

This is my first post here. Two years ago I went on WW and lost 50 pounds. I had about 15 more to lose but became very unmotivated. I maintained for over a year but in the past month or so I have gained 5-7 pounds. I'm not sure what is different. I am still active- running the Haunted Trails 5k this weekend and eating the same I have. Anyone else gone through this? I am 55, so I thought maybe hormones...might have an effect?

Yep - very much similar to my story. I started back about a month ago, being very careful with portions and that seems to be helping. I also seem to have a lower tolerance to fruit now, I am 62 and thought horomones would hopefully be out of the picture by now. But, maybe that never happens... :confused3

So I'm not expecting much from tonight's weigh in based on my scale this morning. I'm ok with it mainly b/c i know what I'm doing right and wrong. I know that I'm eating better overall, I know that I'm getting more activity and I know that I'm still making bad choices as well.

I have been going to an hour long spin class every Saturday since Labor Day and I love it! It's hard to get there during the week b/c the class is 30 minutes from my house and an hour from work, with home in between work and the gym. This week I've decided to commit to going to spin at least 1 day during the week, getting there for the 430 class so I'm home by 6 to be with my family. Yesterday was the day and I felt so good about being there. It was a different instructor than my Saturday class and a drastically different class as a result! Saturdays we do the RPM program by Les Mills. Yesterday was a freestyle class. I like RPM better. This instructor was hard core, had us doing things that I just don't like to be honest. Instead of doing the pushups, the hand claps, etc ON the handlebars, I just continued pedaling and kept my hands where they belonged. LOL I will say that I was a drenched, sweaty mess after that class. I worked HARD! I was so proud of myself and I really did push myself. I'm always a sweaty mess after Saturdays, but I was DRENCHED last night.

The point of all of that is this, I know that I'm moving in the right direction, even if the scale isn't showing it. I can see the difference in my legs, my husband commented on my butt, so I know the activity is working. The weight loss will come. I just wish there was a way of showing that for WW purposes. LOL I always feel a sense of defeat when the numbers don't change at all or enough when I get on that scale on Wednesday nights. But I'm trying not to let it bug me. I'm also going to start taking my measurements so that I have a tangible difference that I can look at and see and say "It's working."

I'm so glad I have this thread to vent and talk things out!!!

I hit my 10% today. I've actually been feeling a bit bleh over the whole thing because I know I need to get some kind of exercise in but I can't commit to anything. I can feel my motivation and momentum slowing down.

I'm down another 1.8 lbs this week. I'm on WW but I also doing low carb. I have been on program since March 2012 and I have lost 43.8 lbs, my goal is 60 lbs. I hope changing over to low carb will give me the break I need to continue.

I hit my 10% today. I've actually been feeling a bit bleh over the whole thing because I know I need to get some kind of exercise in but I can't commit to anything. I can feel my motivation and momentum slowing down.

YAY!! I have been at this since July 10. My 10% is 24.4 pounds and Im stuck at 14-15lbs lost and have been for 3 weeks now. I'm trying not to get down about it, but it's getting harder and harder not to. When I hit my 10%, I know it will be a huge sense of accomplishment. I so desperately want to hit that number....

I'm going to join you (or rejoin). This is my 4th time on WW. Did great the first time with meetings, bad the 2nd (online) bad the 3rd (meetings), but good the first 5 weeks this time (online). I had a baby 9 weeks ago and on trying to loose the last 20 of baby weight. I'm down 6 lbs so far and 2 lbs from my 10%.

YAY!! I have been at this since July 10. My 10% is 24.4 pounds and Im stuck at 14-15lbs lost and have been for 3 weeks now. I'm trying not to get down about it, but it's getting harder and harder not to. When I hit my 10%, I know it will be a huge sense of accomplishment. I so desperately want to hit that number....
eh24fan- We are on a similar trajectory- I started the second week in July also- and I have been stuck for the pat 3 weeks also. I have lost 6.5%. If we keep plugging away, we'll get there :) After I lose my 10% I only need to lose 1 more pound and I hit my other big goal- which is to have a BMI in the healthy range. That is what I am really striving for.

Bumbershoot- I can't wait to hear about the Tower of Terror 10miler!

Hi all -

I've been MIA...kids gave me a horrible cold and after 2 weeks, I'm just starting to feel better. It's awaful when a cold derails you, but food just didn't taste good, I was too tired most nights to even fix a decent meal, blah, blah, blah. But today is weigh in day...I haven't killed myself - just maintained over two weeks and now am back and getting organized.

Bumbershoot - Congrats on goal! Wahoo! :cheer2:

Looks like there have been some other good losses while I've been MIA.

Lynne

Actually now that you mention it, I haven't gotten sick since I've been doing WW. I'm sort of curious how that'll effect my weigh in should (ok WHEN...) I get sick. I typically nibble through the day when I've got a cold or whatever because I'm not usually hungry but know I have to keep my blood sugar from getting too low. Made that mistake last summer, I had what I think was viral and barely ate for 4 days and passed out, so I made myself eat some toast with jelly thinking that little sugar boost would work and it did. I went to the doctor the next day and they flipped out saying they had to do an EKG because "you lost consciousness and that's a big deal!!" and they wouldn't believe me that I knew what a low blood sugar felt like. So one emergency EKG later..they pricked my finger and went "Oh yeah...your sugar's low, you should probably eat" then they tried to tell me it was just allergies. Bull, allergies have never knocked me out like that and given me a fever too. Stupid urgent care.....*sigh* ok back on topic. Usually when I get sick I lose my appetite then once I start feeling better I want ridiculous heavy rich things like mashed potatoes and cheesecake.

Hello all! I'm not new to the W.I.S.H. site, but I'm new to this thread. I typically only go to the journal section to update my journal and read a few that I have been following for a while and post in the events sections, but I noticed this thread today and decided to post.

I don't attend meetings, but I'm a WW myself and have seen great success with it. I'd lost about 30lbs. years ago on WW, but didn't do much for exercise and would gain it back and usually then some. That was my life for years until I became a runner about 3 1/2 years ago. I was up to 260lbs. and I knew I needed a change. I was in my early 30's and my kids and wife were becoming unhealthy as well so DW and I decided to make a change. We both started exercising religiously and watching what we ate. I started running and DW started doing pilates and walking a lot. She was anti-running until the weight started falling off me and she wasn't losing quite as fast as she wanted.

Fast forward a few years and we were both active runners. I had lost almost 50lbs and was down to 205-210lbs. and DW had lost about 20lbs. herself. We both kind of hit a wall and last fall/winter, I started training for the WDW full marathon and I gained 15lbs back. I couldn't understand how I was gaining weight when I was running more than ever. I realized my eating was the culprit so we both got back in WW in February of this year.

DW dropped another 15-20lbs. and is now pre-baby weight and I dropped the 15lbs. I had gained back and then another 15lbs. on top of that. I'm now down to my high school weight and in the best shape I've ever been in my life.

DW has stopped WW and is using My Fitness Pal and doing well with it, but I'm still tracking religiously thanks to the wonderful WW app for iPad and iPhone! God bless technology.

I love being on WW and no longer look at it as a chore since I get a ton of exercise points each day. Now, I'm at 194lbs. and still losing, but I'm a faster runner and have better endurance for it. I can't wait for race season to start back up in a few weeks to see just how much faster I'll be, but I'm certainly a WW believer. All in all, through diet and exercise, I'm down almost 70lbs and still losing. DW swears I can't afford to lose any more, but there's still room. :woohoo:

Life has gotten beyond crazy and I haven't posted on here in a while. We are 103 days out from our Disney vacation, and even though I've been "on" WW I've gained 25 pounds since January 1st. Oy. I've been going to the same WW meeting for almost 3 years now and I decided that I had gotten too comfortable with the receptionists and the leader, so I just switched from my Saturday morning meeting to a Monday night meeting. I think the Monday night will also help keep me on track over the weekends. I know it's going to be a stretch, but I would LOVE to get those 25 pounds off before we go. Given the fact that it took me 9 months to put it on I'm pretty sure I can't get it off in 3 and a half, but I'm gonna try!

Since I have very little spare time these days, and successful weight loss for me comes down to planning, I took 6 hours on Sunday to prep freezer meals so for the rest of the month, all I have to do is pull a bag out of the freezer, dump it in a crock-pot, and voila, dinner is made when I get home from work.

Now if I could just convince everyone in the office to NOT bring in Halloween candy I'd be set :)

Forgot to update this week. I was down 1.1 at my Monday WI for a total of 7.1 lbs in 6 weeks. I'm only 12 lbs away from my pre-baby weight and 1 lb from my 5% goal. I've been working out 5 days a week at lunch (3 days high intensity, 2 days low to moderate intensity) and it has helped me not feel like I was on a diet. Those AP's really make a difference!

I'm up .6 this week. I know why. I had pizza Friday night and more carbs on Saturday because I had a 5K the weekend. Is anyone else doing WW with a low carb diet? I would love to hear from anyone else with ideas.

I'm up .6 this week. I know why. I had pizza Friday night and more carbs on Saturday because I had a 5K the weekend. Is anyone else doing WW with a low carb diet? I would love to hear from anyone else with ideas.

I'm quite the opposite. I don't go carb crazy, but I eat carbs and need them for long runs. I know you were asking for someone who is doing WW and a low carb diet, but I was just offering my opinion that you can eat carbs if you counter it with exercise and balance out the rest of your diet.

I use the daily tracker to do my best to properly intake the right amounts of each type of food I need. When I used My Fitness Pal, it broke down the types of food into sugars, carbs, etc. rather than fruits/vegetables, water, dairy, etc., but either option I think helps you keep things in check. If you're eating good amounts of each category, then you're most likely keeping the bad foods at a minimum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter