Weight Watchers Chat -- Part III

You are right about checking and rechecking. I've found PPV on labels that don't match the e-Tools tracker. You can drop a note to both the manufacturer and WW and eventually they will fix it. (And the manufacturer will probably send you a few coupons in return.)

Cool idea.

I figured out the dip problem. On the label they rounded down to 4s and 1s. On the tracker TJ provided real info with 4.15 grams of fat, 1.something protein. And those fractions are enough to take it from 2 pts for 2 servings (as I had been calculating) to 3 pts.

Well, I'm down 0.8 lb this week. I was hoping for more, but honestly, don't we always?

I'm down another 2.2 as of today! That brings me to 23.6 total. I said how I always feel like on weeks that I think I've done badly that I lose more, and my leader said that maybe for the time being I might need to eat a little more to lose which just blows my little mind.

LSB, I personally found that losses got easier when I started using Weeklies all the time. So it could be that you have a similar metabolism.

The other idea you can bat around is that your losses/gains are delayed. That it takes more than 7 days for you to metabolize that fat. So you eat a lot one week, don't gain that weigh in, but DO gain the following week. Or you eat really really well one week, no change, and then the following week (when you haven't been as perfect, but that week isn't showing up yet on the scale) lose. See what I mean? Early on I looked to see if anyone REALLY knew how long it takes to lose a pound of fat, and the answer seems to be that it varies, but it's NOT immediate. It can take longer than a week.

the phrase some people have used is that we always get what we deserve on the scale; it just might not show up on the week we deserve it. :)

eh24fan, .8 is fabulous! After reading your post I just did the math, and I, in effect, lost .7 each of the last two weeks. Of course, for me it appeared as a 1.6 loss then a 3lb gain. I'd rather have the steady .7, please! :)

I always seem to lose more in weeks that I feel I've done badly. I can't figure it out...I can use 1 weekly and lose like 1 or use 15 weeklies and lose 2. Totally boggles me.

I see that too- it seems like the scale is a week behind.

For the first time since joining ww (mid July) I am struggling. I am having trouble staying within my points. I am having cravings, having trouble motivating myself to workout... Not sure what my problem is but I am going to try to power through this.

The scale is not moving and my meeting is tomorrow night- I usually go in the am and I weigh more at night so I am actually expecting a gain at the meeting. That is discouraging.

For the first time since joining ww (mid July) I am struggling. I am having trouble staying within my points. I am having cravings, having trouble motivating myself to workout... Not sure what my problem is but I am going to try to power through this.

The scale is not moving and my meeting is tomorrow night- I usually go in the am and I weigh more at night so I am actually expecting a gain at the meeting. That is discouraging.

I have had the same struggles wtih staying within my points. I don't know WHAT my problem is either, but I know I have to correct it quickly. Yes I've had losses the past 2 weeks, but I know that I haven't been eating as well as I could be. I also need to get myself together and exercise more consistently. Sure, I plan on going to spin classes on Saturday mornings, but 1 hour a week isn't enough!

I think initially we are super motivated, excited about doing something new for ourselves and go ALL IN! Then, when it has been a few weeks and it's just part of our lives now, it's not nearly as fun. LOL

I gained 1.2 lbs last week. No surprise since I have been celebrating my birthday. I thought it would be more. I'm leaving Saturday for a cruise (Dream) so no WI next Wednesday but I know come Sept 18th it will not be pretty.

Those phases of cravings are SO hard. They are also real life, and learning to get through them will help! Even if we give in for a meal or a day or a week...it's what we do afterwards that is super-important. Make a better choice the next meal. Make better choices the next day. etc.

I mentioned I was at my brother's, and because he is who he is and I try to respect his oddities, I had almost no fruit or veggies for two weeks and thought I was going to die, LOL. I had to sneak bananas for gosh sakes! Add to that all the great beer he has in his house and I was toast. This week has been HARD. I want to dine out every meal! I swear someone's adding crack to restaurant food because I feel addicted! We had Indian food yesterday which helped, and I'll admit I was finished with my Weeklies yesterday (weigh in is Sat), but I just have to soldier on.

Maybe having the the weighin in the evening will be enough of a kick in the pants to help you out of the cravings? If it does or doesn't, just remember it's a different time for weighin, and you'll be OK. :)

I gained 1.2 lbs last week. No surprise since I have been celebrating my birthday. I thought it would be more. I'm leaving Saturday for a cruise (Dream) so no WI next Wednesday but I know come Sept 18th it will not be pretty.

Happy Birthday!

Have an AMAZING time on the Dream! Our first cruise night I had the risotto. It looked tiny but as I ate I realized that looks are deceiving. My server was distressed that I hadn't finished it, and we got to talking and he found out that I LOVE Indian food. So he had an Indian chef make some extra vegetarian options the next two night and I was a super-happy camper, eating aloo palak one night and a chickpea-based thing the next night. Oh so good. And so much less salty and calorie-laden. Just a thought for you! (they couldn't do it that night; they needed to know the evening before)

Just in case you're staying concierge level, we discovered the last day that there's a scale in the bathroom. Good or bad, it might be good to know earlier on. :)

Those phases of cravings are SO hard. They are also real life, and learning to get through them will help! Even if we give in for a meal or a day or a week...it's what we do afterwards that is super-important. Make a better choice the next meal. Make better choices the next day. etc.

I mentioned I was at my brother's, and because he is who he is and I try to respect his oddities, I had almost no fruit or veggies for two weeks and thought I was going to die, LOL. I had to sneak bananas for gosh sakes! Add to that all the great beer he has in his house and I was toast. This week has been HARD. I want to dine out every meal! I swear someone's adding crack to restaurant food because I feel addicted! We had Indian food yesterday which helped, and I'll admit I was finished with my Weeklies yesterday (weigh in is Sat), but I just have to soldier on.
It is so hard being out of your self-controlled environment! My body has really gotten used to the fruits and veggies and if they weren't available to me it would get messy come weigh-in. I rely on those to fill me up. Without them, I would definitely be overeating.

So far, I have not gone off course, but I have been tempted. I still have quite a few weeklies left and my week resets Sunday morning so I may treat myself after weigh-in.

ehfan- you hit the nail on the head- the honeymoon phase of starting weight watchers has come to an end- the novelty has worn off- now starts the tough business of making the right choices, tracking everything, day-in/day-out. It feels a little monotonous... but I know it is worth it.

NCState: happy birthday and have a BLAST on your cruise!

Also, I have an off-topic personal share- I just submitted my application to nursing school this week. There is only a 12-15% acceptance rate so I am stressed but excited. My grades are really good and I nailed the entrance exam so I am optimistic. I have 6-8 weeks of waiting now- so I get just an extra little layer of stress on top of everything else for the next 2 months:upsidedow

had my meeting last night- up .6 :(
I thought I had a small loss, it may be just that my evening weight is a bit higher than my morning weight. I still treated myself last night. We went to a Greek restaurant and I had a GOOD meal- calculated out to 24 points!! But I only ate about 2/3 of it. I still have 12 weeklies left today (day 7)
Next week I think I will switch back to morning meetings.

This week I need to get my running shoes on and get back in the groove. I have the WDW 1/2 marathon in Jan. and it is time to start getting ready. My goal for this week is very modest- run three times- minimum 3 miles each. Putting that out there publicly so I have to be accountable to someone other than myself :)

Hi all, I'm a lifetime member of WW & have been watching the thread for a couple days. I first did WW from 1998-2000, lost about 57lbs. Even went through training & became a leader! Then found out I was pg with dd11...baby wanted chicken fingers & fries, then life kept interfering & I put all the weight back on plus more. Late 2011 I was diagnosed with PVC's & while I was told my weight wasn't a factor, in my head I thought, "maybe I'm too fat." Plus my brother got engaged, dh's brother got engaged, so there were 2 upcoming family weddings (within a month of each other, oye!). I rejoined WW in Jan 2012 & LOVE the new points plus. Worked so much faster this time! I lost around 80lbs this time & hit goal this past Jan, so it only took a year. I've been maintaining ever since. Our trip to WDW in Oct will be a challenge... I don't think I was to track any points!

I've gone through training again to be a receptionist & I eventually want to be a leader again. Don't have much time right now though, so that'll be a couple years down the road.

I thought I had a small loss, it may be just that my evening weight is a bit higher than my morning weight. I still treated myself last night. We went to a Greek restaurant and I had a GOOD meal- calculated out to 24 points!! But I only ate about 2/3 of it. I still have 12 weeklies left today (day 7)
Next week I think I will switch back to morning meetings.

I ALWAYS weigh more later in the day than in the morning. If you were "only" up .6, that's really not bad!! You could try going to an evening mtg one more time to get a comparison, then switch back to morning.

Hello everyone! I just joined this morning (again). Hoping not to lose the motivation again!

Hi, went back a bit to find your message, I re-joined about the time you started and just wanted to check in with you, am hoping you like the program. I am doing pretty good, always have to be careful not to let the first week set-up a false expectation for the future weeks. At week 3 I was down 1.6 for a total of 6lbs. Feeling pretty good about that since Labor Day weekend was more of a challenge than normal.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

I hope you enjoy (by the time you read this it might be "enjoyed") your cruise. And Happy (Belated) Birthday. Celebrations are fine for something that only comes once a year. (Of course, I have ten grandkids whose birthdays only comes once a year and my dd is an awesome baker . . . )

Hi all, I'm a lifetime member of WW & have been watching the thread for a couple days. I first did WW from 1998-2000, lost about 57lbs. Even went through training & became a leader! Then found out I was pg with dd11...baby wanted chicken fingers & fries, then life kept interfering & I put all the weight back on plus more. Late 2011 I was diagnosed with PVC's & while I was told my weight wasn't a factor, in my head I thought, "maybe I'm too fat." Plus my brother got engaged, dh's brother got engaged, so there were 2 upcoming family weddings (within a month of each other, oye!). I rejoined WW in Jan 2012 & LOVE the new points plus. Worked so much faster this time! I lost around 80lbs this time & hit goal this past Jan, so it only took a year. I've been maintaining ever since. Our trip to WDW in Oct will be a challenge... I don't think I was to track any points!

I've gone through training again to be a receptionist & I eventually want to be a leader again. Don't have much time right now though, so that'll be a couple years down the road.

Congrats for getting all that weight off the second time around. I'm sort of glad I didn't join WW until after the PP started, I think I would have been discouraged. This program works great for me. We did a trip to WDW in April and my gain was minimal and came off really quickly -- and then I've been sort of stuck since mid-May, but it is slowly but surely coming off (we will not even talk about last week though -- weighing in the day after Labor Day is NOT a good idea!).

My dd and I did the program together, she reached Lifetime and is now a receptionist. I keep telling her she would make a great leader but she does have issues about being in front of people.

My dd and I did the program together, she reached Lifetime and is now a receptionist. I keep telling her she would make a great leader but she does have issues about being in front of people.

My mom lives with us & did WW with me too! Sooooo much easier to have a buddy on the program. The best part though is that dd has seen us both learn & maintain healthier habits, so I don't think she'll have the same weight struggles that I've had. Plus it feels good when she tells me she's proud of me, but loves me no matter what. :)

I thought I had a small loss, it may be just that my evening weight is a bit higher than my morning weight.

:hug: FWIW, we're all heavier in the evening than in the morning. Think of all the food and water we put in our bellies through the day. The fact you were only up .6 really says positive things about how you did the rest of the week!

Down 2lbs for my first week. Was hoping for more, but I will take it!

Woo!

Whew. Lost the beer/restaurantfood bloat I packed on while in San Diego. Back to where I was 2 full weeks ago. I'm closing in on the end of losing AND on my Tower of Terror run in October!

Thanks rlbklein and bumbershoot- You make me feel better about the gain. It was the first time I had to log an official gain so it was a little bit of a bummer- but I know it doesn't really mean anything.

rlbklein: I am so glad you have joined the conversation. You have a lot of experience with ww- both struggles and successes. I know I will learn a lot from you! Congratulations on hitting your goal!

I am doing ww meetings for 1 more month and then switching to etools. I hope I am not making a mistake but I am having a hard time getting to the meetings- I live 35 minutes from the closest meeting place. I see a lot of value in the meetings and I realize I may have to switch back- but I am going to give etools a try for a while.

Congrats on the loss aburns!!

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I am taking a nutrition course right now- one chapter is dedicated to evaluating weight-loss plans. Here is the checklist- weight-watchers scores very well.
2cqzpde.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter