Weather in April

julm26

Mouseketeer
What kind of weather can we expect in April? We will be there from the 11th through the 21st. Will we be able to wear shorts? swim in our hotels pools? how about the beach?

We are from Pittsburgh, where once it hits 50 degrees, we are taking off the coats and when it hits 60 we are putting on shorts!

Just want to know what kind of clothes we need to bring. WE will be in LA, DL and San Diego. Will light jackets do?

Thanks for all your help!

We were in San Diego/Coronado the same time last year. I wore shorts most days and either capris or jeans at night. The only day we didn't sit by/use the pools was the day it was drizzle/misty. I had a zipper sweatshirt jacket that I used when needed.
The water in the Pacific wasn't warm but sitting on the beach was doable.
We are from NJ outside of Philly so we start with shorts at about 65 degrees;)
P.S. Don't forget the sunscreen.

In April the highs are around 70-75, and lows are around 50. But be aware that it cools off really quickly. When you are in the sun, it feels warm and great, but the minute you're in the shade or the sun goes down, it cools off abruptly.

I kid you not, the weather is crazy here. CRAZY. Last week, it was in the low 80's (mind you, it is January!) and today, it's raining. 3 weeks ago, it was a low or 39 degrees at night. So.. unpredictable. It's because of our location, and proximity to the coast. But generally, April is pretty mild, mid 60's to 70s. ;) It's pretty much always pleasant here as a general rule compared to everywhere else, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter